Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Wrf 0.05 on the same thinking as ARPEGE there's the zone you want to be part of the intense snowfall rates per hour  animjak0.gif

Posted
4 hours ago, tiff said:

Could somebody please make up their mind? gotta drive to Banchory tomorrow, from Fife. Need to know if I should risk the Cairn O Mount, or just go by Aberdeen...

I’m sure the coastal road via Arbroath is a safe bet. I’ve done the cairn road past couple of weeks but almost certainly will be plastered tomorrow. Stonehaven to Banchory should be fine probably!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sunshine
8 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Wrf 0.05 on the same thinking as ARPEGE there's the zone you want to be part of the intense snowfall rates per hour  animjak0.gif

Are these current runs thinking the central belt might get snow instead of the sleety crap 

Posted
13 minutes ago, shunthebartlett92 said:

I’m sure the coastal road via Arbroath is a safe bet. I’ve done the cairn road past couple of weeks but almost certainly will be plastered tomorrow. Stonehaven to Banchory should be fine probably!

Even the Slug Road can be a bit dodgy too sometimes, it climbs to 230+ metres and has a few decent hills to get up. 

Bypass to Milltimber and then out the A93 is probably the safest option if you don't have 4x4 or winter tyres. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in summer!
1 minute ago, Snowandrocks said:

Even the Slug Road can be a bit dodgy too sometimes, it climbs to 230+ metres and has a few decent hills to get up. 

Bypass to Milltimber and then out the A93 is probably the safest option if you don't have 4x4 or winter tyres. 

I could go via Glenshee . Gotta fit a towbar in Banchory... outside. It's a Transit van, no winters...

• Like 1

Posted

I can confirm that there is frost on cars and the ground is dry ……. But we should of had an hour or two of precipitation according to radar 

Posted

Judging by the radar (I was asleep) we've had the best part of 2hrs precipitation already. Can only assume it was sleety pish!

It is snowing heavily now though and it's starting to settle! Wet though so a slushy mess really! 

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Heavy sleet here just now as expected

Will be snowing hard inland with any altitude. Here are cameras from just North of Blair, Rannoch and the A9 South of Perth. So far at least in Tayside it is well away from the coast before it is lying by the look of it away from hills. 

2C668C2C-8891-4826-B330-57CEFED58037.png

DE482EF5-BC8A-4830-8B55-EB0BE2AF5C2B.png

CE917D89-1AFE-4F8D-A8E2-F547635933F6.jpeg
And finally with a but more altitude at Amulree

1E47FD9E-959F-44BF-9DF5-3F0D27DEB724.jpeg

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 5

Posted

Heavy sleet driving through Westhill, 2°c and rain in Aberdeen City. No idea whats happening out in Aberdeenshire. 

Edited by Sceptical
  • Like 3

Posted

Just had a look at the radar , it looks like it’s starting to pivot as it hasn’t progressed much further north in the last hour . Any thoughts guys ?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

-0.5C here and light snow just started as the edge of the band of precipitation has just reached us according to the weather radar. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Looks like light snow here with a bit of a slushy covering so far. 

• Like 2

Posted

A wet slushy covering here and snowing. Like others, it must've started as rain too otherwise we should have an inch or two by now! 

• Like 1

Posted

Best covering of the winter so far but it's not had much competition  

Still snowing heavily! 

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN trying to call what the heck is happening out there see the ECM just coming out there's something went oddly so far as that doesn't have the band moving how it's done up to now, for another hour or so animrwu6.gif nearish looks like wrf 0.05 still punts for the heavier bit in Fife moving up towards Aberdeen really hard to say but I think it's the dewpoints plus the intensity is the biggest player I think animuzj5.gif

• Like 6

Posted
9 hours ago, grifter said:

Can't see getting much here in port Glasgow being barely 150 feet above sea level and about 300 feet from shoreline. Good luck for anyone higher up inland, hope you get a pasting

I take that back, pretty good falling right now!

• Like 8