Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted

Ha! @101_North

image.thumb.png.242476de43b3925d58270737ab352854.png

Meanwhile this morning was my 35th air frost at -2.5C and another snow day at 10am BST.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Well if we are playing the XC game...

image.thumb.png.eee4ab4a7776219aad6d54869fe5f413.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Some patchy drizzle in the last hour.

Enough of this now. I'm going to flick the switch and we'll be straight into warm summer weather.

@Puffy MacCloud all the best, hope there are some people you can talk to there and you're soon home fit and healthy.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted

-4 as I passed Abington this morning about 7am, hit a white out on the A69 passing Hexham, now in hotel and it's cold and clear

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Feeling milder today without much of a breeze though the max temp still a bit on the low side at 7.4C. Being a nice day my daughters and I decided to walk different hills in Perthshire. You could probably guess which one I did?

279B8543-E799-4DAD-9A8A-1403447E1D09.jpeg

D312D44C-3AC2-4DFA-AD0D-5D7BACE282BA.jpeg

453358B9-2FDF-4B2F-9B5E-6BA7D07BCC7F.jpeg

6AF25987-468E-498B-A916-6FA0A007BDF8.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted

Snow hanging-on on the tops - 728m Pykestone Hill. Tweed below. 7.2°C in the garden down in the valley. A lovely day. 

PXL_20220402_135422819.jpg

• Like 7

Posted

We went for a walk up the west end of Glen Orrin today.  There were surprisingly few deer and some birds flitting around that refused to approach and announce themselves correctly. However the scenery was interesting - huge grassy flats in the bottom now looking very green, up to still very white tops. 

652300363_GlenOrrin.thumb.jpg.321e2be8489b3a5a6737fd658bbf97c8.jpg 

• Like 5

Posted

-1c start to the day with a white frost  and low cloud. Soon turned into a  cool calm sunny afternoon and allowed sowing to recommence  after a wet wintry mid week period. 20220402_134626(4).thumb.jpg.4669ebcb0060abd078b905a3ef6a07aa.jpg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Nice to see all the snowy pics. Had no snow whatever where I am but some parts in the north of the island got a few inches. Once again snow is forecast here later this week but as usual I'll bet it doesn't come anywhere near me! Been loving the sunshine and spring temps although we got a shock this week when overnight it went down to -2c on a couple of occasions. Nice morning here but am now awaiting the rain which is heading my way. Bummer. ?️

• Like 4

Posted

Today's weather is best described as poor... cold, wet and windy.

Just had a look at how the next 10 days might pan out and it's not a gardener's delight, that's for sure. Yikes.

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 1

Posted

Finished sowing all fields that were ready with spring barley in the morning before the afternoon rain. Cool with a maximum of 6c this afternoon with  strengthening wind making it feel very cold .Spent the afternoon delivering hay because of the cold forecast for the week ahead. Still have turnip ground to sow in about a week..

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.
52 minutes ago, Puffy MacCloud said:

Looking out the window....is pointless. It's like a grey blind has been drawn. Oncoming day shift report as follows; it's bloody horrible out. So there you have it, Ayrshire in rubbish weather shocker.

Meanwhile, on the medical front, my reinflated lung collapsed again two nights ago leading to a high drama surgical intervention with a second drain being installed. I am now Puffy Two Drains and quite famous in the department. Doctors come from far and wide to examine me and the nurses just hang around and swoon....

Sorry to hear of the medical complication, although I'm envious of you making the nurses swoon. Take it easy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Currently a breezy but sunny 8.7C and dry, but the latter likely won't last. The 'snow event' Tue into Wed for here isn't looking like much of an event at all now. 

• Like 2

Posted
25 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

Currently a breezy but sunny 8.7C and dry, but the latter likely won't last. The 'snow event' Tue into Wed for here isn't looking like much of an event at all now. 

Well that's a bit of a spectacular drop in snow totals across the board for the mountains... 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

My fame spreads. Now being moved up to the Jubilee so that a wider group of followers can have access to me.

Outside, it's just slightly less grey but still horrible.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

I am down in Normandy, France for a week or so and it’s grey and cold here too. Rain starting now (pic)after snow showers Over weekend. Have warned girlfriend re the incoming snow in The Highlands so she is running around getting ready including turning the pigs wee house around so it doesn’t fill with snow.

2A88E03F-A339-4EB9-BBC4-C95BBD3AA22B.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Puffy my son take it easy and  bask in yer fame. My hubby did it with his heart bypass   ( Hiii darlin, do you want to lookat my scar?)

• Like 4

Posted

First weekday of the school holidays and with it comes the foul weather.  Persistent light to moderate rain since lunchtime and a gradual cooling all day, now 5.8c.

Fresh northerly wind currently, very gusty in the morning.  See the snow event for tomorrow has been downgraded this afternoon in the various apps to a sleetfest at best.  That will really improve the kids mood - going to be a long two weeks holiday!

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Quinach said:

going to be a long two weeks holiday!

Well my faint positive line on a Lateral Flow on Thur morning turned into cold like symptoms Fri, Sat then relatively OK Sun and today, but a very distinct second red line on this morning's curiosity test. So my start to the holidays has not been ideal, motorhome trip postponed with me largely stuck in the spare bedroom. Wife and son scarper if I come out (wife wouldn't make it as a nurse, prison guard on the other hand...) .  At least yesterday it was nice enough for me to manage some garden pottering, not today. 

Given the extra height we have it might be, snow here tomorrow, but I'm not holding out hope for much accumulation. 

• Like 4

Posted
2 hours ago, Halfamilefromnowhere said:

I am down in Normandy, France for a week or so and it’s grey and cold here too. Rain starting now (pic)after snow showers Over weekend. Have warned girlfriend re the incoming snow in The Highlands so she is running around getting ready including turning the pigs wee house around so it doesn’t fill with snow.

2A88E03F-A339-4EB9-BBC4-C95BBD3AA22B.jpeg

Nice... or perhaps not ideal weather for Normandy!

Pretty poor show here too, just dull, on the chilly side of mild and occasional drizzle. Yawnsville Arifknzona.

• Like 2