Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted

Frost here this morning. Car said 1.5Deg. Can't tell what it was on the weather station as the outside part has run out of juice. Hopefully get it back up and running at the weekend.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

First frost of the season here this morning!

• Like 5

Posted

Decent frost to kick the day off. -1.5c at the house, a low of -3c on the commute into Aberdeen.

Could contain: Windshield, Car, Vehicle, Transportation

Could contain: Gauge, Wheel, Machine, Tachometer

Edited by Sceptical
  • Like 8

Posted

Same here with my first air frost. Straight on here to report! -0.9C and the world was white.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

All white here too this morning but my more accurate w/s just had a minimum if of 1.1C so still no air frost. The Summer flowers seem to be ok too. Dahlias for example.

Could contain: Daisy, Flower, Garden, Backyard, Yard, Herbal, Soil, Potted Plant, Dahlia, Petal

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Finally a sub zero night... a beautiful sunrise over the white frost covering the world.. was still showing 0c at 8am.. a stunning day here.. almost finished unboxing.. a few bits to do over the weekend and then next week sort doctors etc and make all the phone calls to change address..

• Like 7

Posted

Not sure how i would describe the weather today... still day 5 in the new house and still yet to turn the heating on and the house is still sat at between 20c and 22c.. remarkable really..  looks like more miserable weather to come before a definite cool down mid month, will it lead to anything decent for us Snaw hunters who knows 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer
7 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

Oh boy it was cold there yesterday. Went up through the trees and felt a cold sweat. Maybe I'm getting old.

Could contain: Tree, Plant, Fir, Conifer, Gravel, Road, Ice, Nature, Outdoors

Cracking photos HC, jealous of the snowy views.

Back in our temperate lands… A mild start to the month that is going to get even milder over the next few days.

Been very wet, local river breached its banks 2 nights ago. Today was supposed to be a nice afternoon however was very frequently wet.

Tomorrow looks a shocker, drier thereafter but I won’t hold my breath in the land of swamp. 13c.

Edited by SW Saltire
  • Like 5

Posted

Raining again... looks like its going to be very mild for the next 7 day period before something more seasonal appears, nothing looks cold though and from the mad house it looks like doom and gloom as we head toward the start of winter.. myself i just have a hunch that its going to be a sudden and dramatic switch to colder weather with plenty of snaw fun for us all..

• Like 6

Posted
53 minutes ago, Mair Snaw said:

Raining again... looks like its going to be very mild for the next 7 day period before something more seasonal appears, nothing looks cold though and from the mad house it looks like doom and gloom as we head toward the start of winter.. myself i just have a hunch that its going to be a sudden and dramatic switch to colder weather with plenty of snaw fun for us all..

Aberdeen 1908 would do.

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Winter, Person, Blizzard, Snow, Storm, City, Hat, Clothing

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

That’s the inevitable weather warning out down here for the rain. Bit late really given the fact all the fields are flooded and smaller rivers have burst their banks in several places with another 12 hours of rain forecast but anyway.

A day to forget

Although not quite the scenes from 53 weeks ago:

Edited by SW Saltire
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
9 hours ago, Mair Snaw said:

Have you moved to Perth? 😆 And you expect snow at 30m asl 🤣😂 Oh well.  Hope your children are enjoying their peripatetic education 🤪

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, Hairy Celt said:

Have you moved to Perth? 😆 And you expect snow at 30m asl 🤣😂 Oh well.  Hope your children are enjoying their peripatetic education 🤪

They are indeed and infact thriving off of it... my eldest just passed her nat 5's with all A's and B's... not bad for a kid that was home educated for over 2 years due to horrific bullying that almost pushed her to take her own life... and yes Perth  at 30m asl is fine with me, ive made peace with my inner snaw demons...

• Like 4

Posted

Does anyone know if CatchMyDrift is OK? Haven’t seen him post on here for a long time and can’t find him on the site (if he’s blocked me fair enough lol but thought I’d ask) 

(I’ve not seen some of my family for years but will check in on people on here - shows the power of the net weather community) 

Edited by Coopsy
  • Like 3

Posted

@Coopsy he name doesn't come up when trying to tag him in a post and recently when i was viewing older threads he was shown as a guest 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ maybe all the Canadian snaw..

• Like 1

Posted
22 minutes ago, Coopsy said:

Does anyone know if CatchMyDrift is OK? Haven’t seen him post on here for a long time and can’t find him on the site (if he’s blocked me fair enough lol but thought I’d ask) 

(I’ve not seen some of my family for years but will check in on people on here - shows the power of the net weather community) 

I think he's left the community, but I've no idea why. Lots of us miss his knowledge and humanity.

• Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, Mair Snaw said:

@Coopsy he name doesn't come up when trying to tag him in a post and recently when i was viewing older threads he was shown as a guest 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ maybe all the Canadian snaw 

That’s a shame - Maybe the cold and snow got to him😞

2 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

I think he's left the community, but I've no idea why. Lots of us miss his knowledge and humanity.

it’s definitely a shame as I agree - enjoyed his banter, great pics and weather insight 

• Like 4

Posted

One for @Northernlights - cows brought close to home at 2000m as winter starts Could contain: Cow, Cattle, Livestock, Mammal, Animal, Nature, Outdoors, Grassland, Field, Bull

And a more general view... top end of the valley and the high ground behind me will be mainly sheep in summer, with cows rather lower down where the ground's a bit easier and the grass more lush. Kind of jealous of the cows - I had a look in one of the sheds and they look pretty snug with lots of bedding.  And the farmers are used to tourists here and don't just spit as you pass.

Could contain: Mountain Range, Mountain, Nature, Outdoors, Peak, Scenery, Landscape, Panoramic, Ice, Glacier

They certainly use wood for fuel here but I don't know how much comes from the woods in the photo - there are more accessible woods lower down and big processing yards.

• Like 8

Posted

Could contain: Grass, Plant, Lawn, Pig, Mammal, Animal, Cat, PetCows basking in sun here this afternoon while a small store turnips lifted for store cattle inside . Even cats sleeping in sun this afternoon 

• Like 7

Posted

Main holly tree on farm has been more or less stripped by birds . A massive crop of berries too. What do the birds know?

• Like 9

Posted

Very wild night with howling wind. Outside today putting up electric fence not pleasant in this strong wind

• Like 6