Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days

High of 8c in Edinburgh which didn’t feel too cold earlier. Rain has been light but persistent since this morning, however as it’s gotten heavier throughout the day, walking about in it going to & fro various museums etc, getting damp just lets the cold set in. Back to hotel now for some warm & dry clothes! Looks like more of a wash out again tomorrow. Ah, well, it’s only rain at least.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

@Quinach A944 between Westhill and Alford was pretty wet in places, not quite flooded as I drove home between 4:15 and 5pm but certainly took care. I'm expecting a torturous drive in the morning if the forecast is even close to correct. Certainly lighter rain here in Alford when I arrived than it was in Westhill when I left. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

I thought that Tuesday was bad but today has been much worse. Rain started earlier and has been more persistent and heavier at times. Temps have hovered around 8C all day and the wind has been stronger. Lots of surface water all over the place with flooding in many parts nearby. Still some potential for cold to arrive later in the month but it does appear to be going back a little. Meanwhile more normal late Autumn temperatures in the near future.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
1 minute ago, Sceptical said:

Some impressive daily rainfall figures along Deeside Aberdeenshire.

Could contain: Text, Page

I'm sat on 26.7mm already 😳 still a days worth to come. Actually possibly the most intense rainband due to come in here from roughly 2-6am animysd7.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

I'm sat on 26.7mm already 😳 still a days worth to come. Actually possibly the most intense rainband due to come in here from roughly 2-6am animysd7.gif

Apparently Ballater has had a months worth of rain in less than 24 hours. Inchmarlo at 50mm @ 17.30. The commute tomorrow, if the amber warnings are correct, will be nasty.

• Like 3

Posted
14 minutes ago, Sceptical said:

Apparently Ballater has had a months worth of rain in less than 24 hours. Inchmarlo at 50mm @ 17.30. The commute tomorrow, if the amber warnings are correct, will be nasty.

Since you always seem to be out much earlier than I am I expect a morning road update. 😁

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

Since you always seem to be out much earlier than I am I expect a morning road update. 😁

Not a problem 👌. Hopefully my report is from the Starbucks carpark at Westhill and not a ditch or an irate farmers field.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

13.6mm here today, rain was fairly light in the main but with moderate bursts which others have also stated. Pretty grim, again a high of 8c.

After a good look at the weather was able to move my munro walk to Saturday. Gonna do the loop to Ben macdui from Cairngorm, i’m expecting some snowy scenes. Gotta make hay as the sun shines as they say! (If you’re of a snow lover persuasion) 

Praying the forecasted wind doesn’t strength as today’s prediction for tomorrow reached 100mph so basically certain death. 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

Quite something this rain. Bathroom window is leaking so hoping the emergency towel will be okay overnight.

Radar Extra image showing Rainfall Accumulation for 24 hours 

Could contain: Cliff, Nature, Outdoors, Promontory, Water, Sea, Sea Waves, Scenery, Waterfall

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Plot, Sea, Person, Bride, Woman, Adult, Female, Hurricane

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Posted
4 hours ago, Norrance said:

I thought that Tuesday was bad but today has been much worse. Rain started earlier and has been more persistent and heavier at times. Temps have hovered around 8C all day and the wind has been stronger. Lots of surface water all over the place with flooding in many parts nearby. Still some potential for cold to arrive later in the month but it does appear to be going back a little. Meanwhile more normal late Autumn temperatures in the near future.

Yes that sums it up here in NE Fife too, road’s getting worse although the immediate coast isn’t too bad. Filthy day.

• Like 3

Posted

Still raining fairly heavily outside, enough that the dog didn't want to go out for a final pee. Unusual for her, and I took pity. On another note, notice anything about this forecast... 

Could contain: Text, Page

Based on raw 18z GFS and no doubt will therefore change every run, but first snow forecast I've noticed this winter. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in summer!

Great, guess where I'm going tomorrow to fit 2 towbars... outside. Why do I always get Aberdeenshire jobs when the weather warnings are on, Got caught in Storm Arwen last year. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
5 hours ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

That's insane ... so just 5 hours on and the total for the 17th was 42.19mm and in 44 mins of the 18th already another 2mm with that heavy band yet to arrive by 6am 

• Like 2

Posted

According to the weather station just up the road, 41mm of rain yesterday and 13mm up to 6am so far today. 

Edit: The three weather stations in Alford itself listed on Wunderground.com are even higher than that at around 50mm and 20mm.

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 4

Posted
10 hours ago, Ravelin said:

Morning 

You'll need to be on the ball as you leave Millbank heading east, road is underwater. Be extra careful at the end of the Sauchen straight before the bend.....silly amount of water. End of the Dunecht straight is also submerged. Dunecht heading east is basically a water park until you reach Elrick. Usual spot outside the Premier Inn after the BP garage is underwater.

Good luck 😱 

• Like 5

Posted
2 minutes ago, Sceptical said:

Morning 

You'll need to be on the ball as you leave Millbank heading east, road is underwater. Be extra careful at the end of the Sauchen straight before the bend.....silly amount of water. End of the Dunecht straight is also submerged. Dunecht heading east is basically a water park until you reach Elrick. Usual spot outside the Premier Inn after the BP garage is underwater.

Good luck 😱 

Thanks. 👍

Boss messaged us all last night to say to only come in today if safe to do so. Its 'in service' day again today and we're largely spending it in an online meeting and online training. I'll make a judgement around 8am, but I'm currently leaning towards staying at home as I can still join in from here. 

• Like 4

Posted

Morning all, still chucking it down here in NE Fife, Leuchars sitting on 57 mm rainfall. A92 currently closed due to flooding. Fortunately I don’t need to go into St Andrews until later this morning. Will see what it’s like then!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
4 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

Morning all, still chucking it down here in NE Fife, Leuchars sitting on 57 mm rainfall. A92 currently closed due to flooding. Fortunately I don’t need to go into St Andrews until later this morning. Will see what it’s like then!

Pretty much the same here. Heavy bursts of rain and lots of surface water. The Auchterhouse weather site just North of Dundee is reporting 38.7mms yesterday and over 21 mms so far this morning.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days

Similar here @Northernlights . Someone’s forgotten to turn the light 💡 on here in Edinburgh, so dark and dank out there! Weather app suggests an optimistic 8c again, but feeling hopeful we’ll miss most of the heavier rain forecast for you guys further north. Hope you all keep safe 👍🏼

Edited by RebsAbbo
  • Like 4

Posted

Both Candacraig and Inchmarlo - Aberdeenshire - have recorded a further 40mm+ of rain in the last 8 hours.

I suspect the Mets Amber warning for 100mm of rain, will be exceeded.

Edited by Sceptical
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Never seen as much water running down the road outside my house. This was the scene earlier when I went to retrieve the bins after they'd been emptied.

Could contain: Tarmac, Road, Outdoors, Housing, Building, Architecture, Nature, Person, House, Weather

Could contain: Road, Tarmac, Path, Tree, Car, Outdoors, Canal, Water, Fir, Person

Pretty impressive as we're on a hill, but running off the fields at a good rate and then down the road. Wife got to work in Keith, I stayed at home but my meeting postponed slightly as the organiser had to turn around and head home.

• Like 9

Posted

Very soggy indeed here this morning. 

There's a footpath through the woods near the house that's now a small river but otherwise just ditches full to the brim and burns roaring away. 

Still coming down heavily - hard to believe just a few months ago our spring had run dry and we decided to drill a borehole! 

Could contain: Water, Outdoors, Nature, Vegetation, Plant, Creek, Stream, Trail, Path, Autumn

• Like 9