Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days

Rain didn’t let up until late afternoon, in fact it was torrential mid-afternoon on top of what was already a swimming city…..but eventually there was some bright skies trying to shine through.

Could contain: Building, City, Sky, Outdoors, Nature, Urban, Silhouette, Bus, Metropolis, Cityscape    Could contain: Cityscape, Urban, City, Street, Neighborhood, Gothic Arch, Car, Shelter, Outdoors, Housing      Could contain: Urban, Cityscape, Building, Architecture, City, High Rise, Monastery, Housing, Apartment Building, Outdoors

Unfortunately there has been some flooding around Edinburgh & looks like travelling home tomorrow could be problematic🚈 🫤. Hoping the waters will rescind enough to allow the trains to get through to Newcastle & onwards 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
On 18/11/2022 at 00:46, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

That's insane ... so just 5 hours on and the total for the 17th was 42.19mm and in 44 mins of the 18th already another 2mm with that heavy band yet to arrive by 6am 

😳 Right ...two consecutive days of above 40mm can't imagine there's many similar streaks in the history books. Total here for this event is 87.1mm (18th finished with 44.91mm), the only time I recorded more was THE gold standard of storms from August 2020 which was 94.74mm 

There's likely snow for early hours of Sunday in Cairngorms and will be interesting to see how much settles in Ballater given all the reports from you lot up by there with the flooding nmm_uk1-45-36-3.png?18-23

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Rainfall totals for here were 41.4mm on Thu and 51.82mm on Fri. So a total of 93.22mm, of which approx 70mm fell in the 24hr period between 1pm Thu and 1pm Fri. Figures taken from the amateur weather station up the road from me. 

No wonder really there was so much flooding. 

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days

61mm fell in Edinburgh over last couple of days, according to MO (doesn’t sound that much tbf compared to others).

Rail lines flooded.

Cancelled trains. 

Wish me luck 🍀🤞🏼

Edited by RebsAbbo
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Well it stopped raining but everything is still soaking wet.. the garden resembles a boggy marsh currently and the new grass laid by the house builder's  looks shall we say knackered 🙈🙈

Well it stopped raining but everything is still soaking wet.. the garden resembles a boggy marsh currently and the new grass laid by the house builder's  looks shall we say knackered 🙈🙈

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Also this popped up on my FB memories this morning..how different to what we have had currently.

Could contain: Porch, Housing, Backyard, Outdoors, Yard, Nature, Plant, Floor, Weather, Deck

• Like 1

Posted

Just been out clearing channels in the chips on the driveway to try to help and direct the flow of water across it. Unsurprisingly there's lots of water flowing off the fields to the uphill side of the house. Doesn't affect the house itself but oozes out and flows, across and down the driveway. Will likely be doing it for days. 

Could contain: Slate, Path, Walkway, Flagstone, Grass, Outdoors, Water, Nature, Ditch, Sidewalk Could contain: Spoke, Machine, Car, Vehicle, Transportation, Alloy Wheel, Wheel, Van, Walkway, Path

• Like 2

Posted
17 minutes ago, Sceptical said:

Yellow warning out for rain tomorrow NE Scotland

More rain, exactly what we don't need. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Pouring down here again now with a strong SE wind. At 5C here I suspect that snow will start piling up on the higher hills and finally give lasting Winter snow to the prone areas.

• Like 5

Posted

Fairly dry start, despite the Met Office warning for rain. Light rain in Aberdeen, temperature 8c.

**The forecast heavy rain started just after 7am. 

Overnight a brief return to colder conditions.

Could contain: Text

Edited by Sceptical
  • Like 2

Posted

Quite a nice afternoon with some sunshine after a wet morning. 

Cold now though under a lovely clear sky - although nearly broke my neck when I went out to fill up the firewood basket! The steps are like an ice rink. 

• Like 2

Posted
30 minutes ago, Snowandrocks said:

Quite a nice afternoon with some sunshine after a wet morning. 

Cold now though under a lovely clear sky - although nearly broke my neck when I went out to fill up the firewood basket! The steps are like an ice rink. 

1c here currently with clear skies .   Cars covered in ice so put them under cover.Grass sparkling with frost.Wonder how low it will go

• Like 5

Posted

-0.4C here currently, which is only the second air frost this season, with the other being mid Oct. As the ground is still 'oozing' after the rain I'm hoping I'll survive the short walk to the car in the morning.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
On 17/11/2022 at 01:58, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Bit more detail I've added Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram

Looking back at this I was a bit conservative with the totals for these parts though my higher area looks like it went decent overall

pretty good little video from Mr Batty and that Leuchars record is apparently for 100 years @Hawesy 👀 

• Like 5

Posted

The Met Office forecast for this area has been well out the last couple of days.

Yesterday was supposed to be Permagloom™ - in reality lots of sunny spells, light winds, max of 7c and a decent sunset...

Could contain: Grass, Lawn, Park, Nature, Outdoors, Grassland, Field, Building, Tree, Sky

Overnight forecast low was 0c - in reality thick fog and a decent low of -4c.

Fog now starting to clear and everything is glistening with a covering of Hoar frost; currently -3c and calm conditions.

• Like 8

Posted
3 hours ago, Sceptical said:

Cold start at -4c, roads untreated and are a bit icy in places. Didn't spot a single gritter on the commute to work. 🙄

Surprised your commute was untreated - I met a couple of gritters on my way home from Aboyne last night. One just past Craigievar and the other at the head of the Brindy Hill between Premnay and Keig. 

Glorious frosty morning for a wander with the dogs, the endless mud of the last few weeks frozen hard and no wind for a change too. 

• Like 5

Posted

Stunning view over Firth this morning with a line of wintry looking showers to the NE over the North SeaCould contain: Land, Nature, Outdoors, Tree, Plant, Field, Fir, Grass, Sky, Grassland

• Like 9

Posted

Beautiful, crisp start to the day on Deeside - PWS recorded -2.4c minimum around 8.10am this morning making our 5th negative overnight temperature since mid-October.  Frost only just beginning to lift now although sensor still only showing 0c but clouds slowly working their way NE so it'll rise a bit quicker now, I expect.

• Like 5