Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted

Forecasts seem to be going with a sleety mix for here right on the coast. A wee bit further inland could get a right dumping on Wed into Thursday.   What happens after that is anyones guess.  

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
6 minutes ago, Glaswegianblizzard said:

I have mixed feelings about this cold spell. It is nice to see some genuinely wintry temperatures and weather, and I’m looking forward to the crispness. On the other hand looking at the forecast temperatures it’s certainly no 2009 or 2010. Each day the temperature looks forecast to reach freezing or -1, which is well above daytime maxima back then. 

But with the cost of living stuff and energy prices, I do worry what prolonged cold weather may do to people, especially if someone is on prepay energy meters and can’t afford a new top up. This could get pretty desperate for some folk.

I quite agree, however the weather will do what the weather will do irrespective of whether we are getting excited about a cold spell or wanting it to stay warm enough for energy bills not to hurt as much. Maybe if it's cold it'll prompt the government to seriously look at the energy market across the UK, poorly insulated homes etc? Maybe?

If XC weather is correct (it won't be, not entirely)  I'll start to see mixed rain/snow/sleet tomorrow and then varying amounts of snow from Wed through to the end of the forecast on Monday. A high of 3C tomorrow drops  to a max of 1C Wed, and from there forward pretty much sub zero through to Monday. Sunday maxes out at -3C.

• Like 8

Posted
1 hour ago, 101_North said:

Bullseye here too if that came off!!

I'm looking forward to radar watching and seeing it fizzle out to near nothing as it moves south over the hills as per usual 🤣

There's also some warmer air caught up in that as it moves down the west coast which may bring sleet or freezing rain for those areas especially on lower ground...! Let's hope it moves west about 80miles🧐

Edited by Ross B
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.
2 hours ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

CorruptGrippingBantamrooster-max-1mb.gif😂 

Screenshot-20221205-172941-Chrome.jpg

Love the complete lack of precipitation along the full length of the Clyde valley there…. 

• Like 1