Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Hello all.  Rinse and repeat for me today I'm afraid.   7.6c  wind a bit variable 15mph.

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Weather, Cloud, Cumulus, Windmill, Storm

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

Bit behind myself but couple pics from yesterday stunning frosty sunrise. Rain early this morning after v windy night

Could contain: Sky, Nature, Outdoors, Cumulus, Cloud, Weather, Scenery, Reservoir, Water, Land

Could contain: Sky, Nature, Outdoors, Sunset, Silhouette, Tree, Plant, Grassland, Field

Could contain: Weather, Nature, Outdoors, Ice, Frost, Snow, Scenery, Fir, Tree, Plant

• Like 9

Posted

A lot more cloud around today and that SW wind is pretty keen.  A back to wearing jacket day.

Still some sunny periods though and notionally pretty mild for the time of year at 9c.

Could contain: Sky, Nature, Outdoors, Cumulus, Weather, Cloud, Ground, Grassland, Field, Land

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter Sun in summer

As Quinach says a keener wind today, the earlier rain band this morning mostly disappeared before passing the east coast giving a spit or two in places but zero to many places in the north east, a very dry month so far just 6mm, no real signs of anything of note in the next 10 days. Currently 9.3c 

• Like 6

Posted

Yeah, was working outside all day and not even a spot of rain from the main band that came across. 

The burns round here are looking pretty low for the time of year too so fingers crossed for some more rain or snow. Once i have my digging done obviously! 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Surely if this is anywhere close to correct for Friday it'll elicit an Amber wind warning? 

Could contain: Text

I don't believe Saturdays forecast for a minute though. 😒

• Like 7

Posted
10 hours ago, Ravelin said:

Surely if this is anywhere close to correct for Friday it'll elicit an Amber wind warning? 

Could contain: Text

I don't believe Saturdays forecast for a minute though. 😒

Yep, UKV has been showing some very strong gusts possible from the last few runs... 

Could contain: Outdoors, Nature, Plot, Chart, Mountain, Art

Could contain: Mountain, Nature, Outdoors, Bonfire, Flame, Fire

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.
1 hour ago, Ross B said:

Yep, UKV has been showing some very strong gusts possible from the last few runs... 

Could contain: Outdoors, Nature, Plot, Chart, Mountain, Art

Could contain: Mountain, Nature, Outdoors, Bonfire, Flame, Fire

The Danish met office have named it Storm Otto. At least they’re taking it seriously even if the UK Met aren’t bothered about it…

• Like 6

Posted

Morning all. Look familiar?   Still, I think I would prefer this if tomorrow's warning is correct.🙄

Could contain: Weather, Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Fog, Car, Vehicle, Transportation

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Looks a tad breezy tonight... im surprised we only hava a yellow warning after last winters storms and the mayhem they caused..

Stay safe everybody.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

3c this evening after cold bright day and early frost. Wind has been zero for around three hours now an eerie silence before the arrival of Otto later.

• Like 8

Posted
29 minutes ago, Halfamilefromnowhere said:

3c this evening after cold bright day and early frost. Wind has been zero for around three hours now an eerie silence before the arrival of Otto later.

Same here - sitting outside with a cup of tea at the moment and it's absolutely flat calm. You'd have absolutely no idea that's it's forecast to be wild in a few hours. 

• Like 7

Posted

Extremely grim from the snowsports perspective, it's PLUS 5ºc at the summit of Meall a' Bhuiridh at Glencoe, 9ºc at the base of the Access Chair. The rain radar is biblical and there's already been stupid gusts of wind. Already a 91mph at the summit and 102mph at Tower 2 of the Access Chair (just above the top of the carpark), with the wind speeds set to progressively increase for the next 4-6 hours. 😲

When the direction and speeds line up, the wind can either accelerate down the front face of the mountain and/or rip round the subsidiary top of Creag Dubh - sometimes alternating the ferocious gusts by 90º, meaning at the base you get it by it from one direction, then when you think it might be easing only to hear a roar coming from the other direction!

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Pretty stormy here in the last hour or so. Tay bridge wind speed has hit 80mph+ as now completely closed. Forth Bridge also closed as over 65mph recorded there.

• Like 7

Posted

Quite a few trees down in the surrounding woods with the power lines on the ground in a couple of places. 

Yet more firewood - the absolute last thing we need! 

• Like 5

Posted

Nice and sunny outside but a tad blowy - those accursed new rubbish bins from Aberdeenshire Council flying around again.

Surprised to hear so many schools closed until I looked at the current power outage map...

https://powertrack.ssen.co.uk/powertrack

Could contain: Land, Outdoors, Nature, Plot, Chart, Sea, Water, Map, Vegetation, Plant

• Like 6

Posted

Roaring gales early am no power . No mobile signal till 5 minutes ago.   Currently  5c

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

So I forgot it was going to be windy. Got up at 05:30 for a glass of water and to let the dugs out briefly. Then I remembered.

So went to check on the bins (recycling) and they're not there, but 2 doors down and half empty. Mine and the one for the house behind. 

Rescued what I could in the dark and just been out to get the rest from the wood across the road this morning. 

Breezy oot, tae say the least. 

Winter gaun oot wi a sting in it's tail?

t850Midlothian.png

• Like 6

Posted

Morning all.   Pretty blowy overnight but nothing compared to others.   Highest wind gust recorded locally appears to have been 24.2mph.   Still blowy but the worst is over I think.

Could contain: Sky, Nature, Outdoors, Cloud, Cumulus, Weather, Scenery, Azure Sky, Landscape, Countryside

Edited by Blitzen
adding pic
  • Like 3

Posted
41 minutes ago, Northernlights said:

Roaring gales early am no power . No mobile signal till 5 minutes ago.   Currently  5c

Power just back on.

• Like 3