Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted

We've got friends staying, currently sitting out on the back porch with a few drinks. 

Nothing unusual there but it's just after 1am and we're perfectly comfortable in shorts and t shirts watching occasional flashes from very distant lightning. Absolutely glorious day from start to finish. 

Hopefully get some decent thunder showers tomorrow. 

Edited by Snowandrocks
  • Like 5
  • Insightful 1

Posted

We’re at 23 now after a 34 day. Pouring with rain now after a lot of lightning on the way back home. Way too warm for me today. Will try to catch some of the lightning if I can. Inside it’s cool thanks to the ac. Islands of adventure tomorrow. Hoping it will be quiet as most Americans are very religious and may be at church. Yeah it’s a stretch!  We’ll go early and hope for the best.

seen this guy or girl in Celebration. 
F70B79A1-80E6-405B-82EA-35FAE44B16AA.thumb.jpeg.98f01c88ee86cd4b9cada83af6312cd1.jpegAll the best to @Ross B for tomorrows flight. 

Edited by Kayemill
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

22.6C currently after an overnight low of 15.7C. Breezier and much less humid feeling, so not as hot and oppressive feeling, especially out of the direct sun. We'll see if the thunderstorm warning this afternoon brings anything of interest, I doubt it. 

• Like 4

Posted

I think the cold front might have hit here 🙂 Rain's started breeze really has got up

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Incoming...

image.thumb.png.0ac4a5203bf9cb2669512bcbf34e12c2.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies
1 hour ago, Ravelin said:

22.6C currently after an overnight low of 15.7C. Breezier and much less humid feeling, so not as hot and oppressive feeling, especially out of the direct sun. We'll see if the thunderstorm warning this afternoon brings anything of interest, I doubt it. 

Aberdeenshire looking best placed, although could end up just offshore.

• Like 4

Posted

Rain just about to hit according to radar, very strong wind here with gusts of 24mph and temperature drop of 3c in an hour, so hopefully that’s a sign of thunderstorms imminent 

Edited by Dundeeguy
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted

Skies rapidly degenerating to the west.  Dark clouds gathering!

• Like 2

Posted

Skies rapidly degenerating to the west.  Dark clouds gathering!

Could contain:

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

We have dropped 5C since lunchtime with steady rain now though not feeling thundery at present. In fact feels quite a  bit less humid than this morning.

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, Norrance said:

We have dropped 5C since lunchtime with steady rain now though not feeling thundery at present. In fact feels quite a  bit less humid than this morning.

Indeed. Leuchars went from 24/16c at Midday to 17/13c at 4 pm. Looks like the thunderstorms are offshore to our east. Main rain band edging slowly towards us but it’s still dry here.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

I'd noticed a fair few reports of whales over in the Clyde lately, that's out there though gotta consider if the sweltering SST's had a part in that 🤔

On 24/06/2023 at 13:21, Mair Snaw said:

Our members from Fife i need some advice as tomorrow myself and my two boys are heading to Lochgelly race track for a super car driving experience and would like some details on the weather conditions. @Kirkcaldy Weather and @blitzen @Hawesy?? Any ideas 

Apologies for not seeing this in time, I mentioned today's storm chances in my model thread Post last night it was looking tasty for storms here at one point but a clear trend over the last couple days was the most intense storm developments to be kept to the North Sea which is panning out . I've spoke before that fronts often lack the intense storm development that troughs often bring, the storms for Northeast England - The Humber are via a trough 20230624_1650.PPVE89.thumb.png.8fce000dd23af85ad45cdece650e8593.png

A quick look suggests the intense cells in the North Sea could recurve into the Northeast corner maybe down to about Aberdeen this evening 🤔 

nmm_uk1-1-14-3.thumb.png.ddbe8b1baad80ead47ed5ed1c8eb69d4.png

• Like 5

Posted

Fingers crossed.  Lots of threatening skies but heehaw rain/storm-wise here.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Posted

After a 23c start to the day we had a dry breezy morning and a spell of moderate rain in the afternoon.

Blessed relief its now 13c and rain clearing 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Rain has eased offhere now after being heavy for a time. Temps went from 23.8C just before lunch to 13.5C now. Quite a drop.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Banks of mist rolling around tonight cool air over warm damp ground?

Our nocturnal visitor has turned up early to pick up spilt bird feed.20230625_222336.thumb.jpg.af55feae33be95ec39a926da851f413e.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Thanks @Kayemill, the flight was pretty smooth despite storms around at takeoff and landing (the clouds from the plane tail cam were pretty cool) . We also got through MCO in record time for us and we've been a lot. Some rain when we landed but not much. We'll be trying to stay away from the alligators 🤣

Edited by Ross B
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Much fresher day than of late, all the better for it truth betold!

Currently 18c with a brisk westerly wind.

Some gorgeous convective shower clouds around, had more rain out of these in the last 2 hours than during the whole weather warning yesterday.

image.thumb.png.eb9233abd1c34b781dad31a70c182718.png

image.thumb.png.9b6e02026b91c7fdf91269112f3bc42e.png

• Like 7

Posted

Torrential rain/hail around 2pm in Bridge of Don, 3-4 runbles of thunder mixed in too. 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

In Glasgow city centre today. Periodic showers passing through.

Interested in the ‘June Monsoon’ concept in a recent netweather forecast. Is this a common weather term? I wasn’t aware weather patterns here could be identified so clearly.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
6 hours ago, Kerwin said:

Torrential rain/hail around 2pm in Bridge of Don, 3-4 runbles of thunder mixed in too. 

Aye, just clipped Westhill around then too, with the lightning off to the north a bit. Caught another very heavy shower on the drive home just before Dunecht, with the roads quickly becoming quite deep in places. 

• Like 2

Posted
13 hours ago, Ross B said:

Thanks @Kayemill, the flight was pretty smooth despite storms around at takeoff and landing (the clouds from the plane tail cam were pretty cool) . We also got through MCO in record time for us and we've been a lot. Some rain when we landed but not much. We'll be trying to stay away from the alligators 🤣

We went GLA-DUB-MCO this time so did pre clearance in Dublin. The new terminal at MCO is a bit strange when you walk through shops etc with people eating and drinking while you try to get your cases. Looks like storm chances down for the next few days then increasing later in the week. Some very HOT temperatures being forecast. 😎

• Like 1

Posted

The first time in absolute ages so it seems its actually quite cool had some rain nothing particularly heavy tho what a complete change 

• Like 1

Posted

After getting thoroughly soaked working outside this afternoon I felt cold enough to light the fire... 

After a hot shower i'm now sweltering with the window and door wide open. One of the dogs is enjoying the heat at least! 

Could contain:

• Like 8