Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted

Been a very wet night so far and rain (although looks as if it's on it's way out) has got even heavier. Summer seems a long time ago now....................

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Ohhh i cant wait for my sleet...😂😂😂😂😂 This has to be wrong..

Could contain:

• Like 6

Posted

Another very useable day.

Max of 20c or so with light winds and variable cloud.

And what cloud, this afternoon it was a riot of cloud types...

riot.thumb.jpg.82383b9e07d15f1ae01bcf4b0b1dbbc8.jpg

riot2.thumb.jpg.1acda02223772aefa6e428db290f6f0b.jpg

Heavy rain outside just now but dry during the day. 

Never seen such a friendly herd of cows, perfectly trained for the Castle Fraser visitors!

cows.thumb.jpg.80c04128374f8e1b59e208d837eb19d6.jpg

cows2.thumb.jpg.1e164ccc50bca670681f6633a45432b2.jpg

Edited by Quinach
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

About 13mm of rain here since late yesterday. Just clearing now, with sun trying to get out. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Haven’t posted in a while as there hasn’t been much to say. June slowly deteriorated but still finished well above average. 

July has, by contrast, been very cool overall. 

25.4mm overnight, very wet.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Out for a walk with the Cherry hogg this morning and this storm out to the east looked like it was heading out way.. lovely walk with some soggy muck for Thomas to play in..

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

• Like 7

Posted

An improving day after a vile start any showers cleared to the east not too bad a afternoon actually 

• Like 5

Posted
On 08/07/2023 at 16:29, Scottish-Irish Skier said:

Hello kilters, now my appearance doesn't herald a possibility of snaw as it normally does. 

Just popped in tae say I shall, henceforth, be reporting from Premnay, near Insch, Aberdeenshire, which is now my new home... 

Pic is Bennachie fae just outside the gairden. Cannae wait fir ma first ascent!

Could contain:

Missed this - welcome! 

That's a good spot you have there, and like you say it is a great area to live in. Easy access to loads of interesting places with plenty to do. Along with the Lecht and Glenshee there's also quite a big XC skiing scene locally if you're into that - groomed trails at Clashindarroch, with Gartly Moor and the tracks around Bennachie often pretty good too. 

Despite the occasional references to Aberdeenshire Permagloom I think we do pretty well too for weather by Scottish standards. All the benefits of the Cairngorms rain shadow but far enough inland to escape the haar of Eastern coasts. Usually catch plenty of snow too! 

• Like 6

Posted

Very wet few days and now cool Obviously no haymaking and most spring  cereals to far advanced to benefit from the rain. Winter barley on next door farm is ready to cut probably 2 weeks earlier than I have ever seen due to the heat in June. The countryside is really upside down trying to work out which season it's in.

On phone just now as router away to be replaced only 6 months old. Field grass is trying to come again  even domestic grasses slowed right down.

• Like 3

Posted

Welcome to the area @Scottish-Irish Skier .... beautiful area.. some lovely places to get out and about... might have to be a local netweather pre winter get together for a few beers..👍👍

• Like 6

Posted

Well we’re certainly paying for June! Some places (eg Stornaway, Tulloch Bridge) have already passed their monthly rainfall averages and it’s only the 12th! Even here in normally dry NE Fife we’ve had some measurable rainfall on every day of the month so far. The models definitely not offering hope of a return to drier and sunnier conditions in the short term unfortunately!

Some hefty showers around Fife this afternoon with plenty of standing water on the roads.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy rain/snow, thunderstorms

It's the same here in Moniaive, can never seem to get a storm hit bang on, always slides over to the North over Sanquhar/  West to Dalry/New Galloway or East to Thornhill.  For being at altitude and expose to Westerlies, no significant rain really aside from 1 inch in the last 2 weeks.  The ground is hard and the spring has run dry so no water at the ranch to wash/cook etc.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Same down here, most rain I've seen in the 2 and a half years I've been here. Back garden gravel looked like the bottom of a fish tank yesterday!

• Like 6

Posted

Been very wet here too, probably not massive totals but just seemingly a never ending stream of heavy showers for days now. 

Need a dry day to pour some concrete - doesn't look promising anytime soon! 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

@Mair Snaw @Snowandrocks

Thanks for the welcome. I pass through Oyne on the way to the office, Inverurie etc. Mrs SIS and I love all the old granite houses lining the road there - so pretty. 

The past owner put harling over the old undressed granite façade at the front of our new abode. Was the fashion in the early 90's. It's coming off as soon as possible!

Pre-snaw pint sounds good.

Finally got internet, telly up and running this morning. Off for a stroll while it's not raining now.

• Like 4

Posted

Just heard a surprise rumble of thunder as the main rain band heads in

• Like 1

Posted
h_lnxvxlqrdqb2kyrixw3lmmul7n-abrzjuzyvzd
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Met Office UK weather warnings for rain, snow, wind, fog and ice. Choose your location to keep up to date with local weather warnings.

Warning text for tonight

15-25mm widely 

40-60mm possible higher ground of Angus, Aberdeenshire and the east highlands 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Mid 20s today, a bit cloudy and humid but now cleared up. Might be an uncomfortable night as forecast low is 20C or thereabouts. No we're not in Aberdeenshire, we're in Den Bosch in the Netherlands, arrived last night after leaving Alford on Tue morning. Heading off down the Rhine in Germany tomorrow, then along the Mosel. After that who knows, Eurotunnel isn't booked for the return until a few days into Aug. 

Looks like we're not missing any decent weather back home, but with all the rain I'll expect my grass will be knee deep by the time I get home. At least the other plants will be getting some water though. 

• Like 3