Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

Still no rain here, kind of miss it!!

This lot were having fun though 

20220726_194738.jpg

20220726_194646.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Some much welcomed rain yesterday evening between about 6pm-9pm, was actually quite relaxing looking out and seeing it falling on the lawn and shrubs!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Holy Mackerel! just had some beautiful beautiful refreshing rain! not often I'd say that... 🙂 looks pretty dry for the foreseeable so good job!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

it's raining.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
On 24/07/2022 at 21:47, Ed Stone said:

Well, once again, my windies will be wide open tonight. Even the cat's just about dead to the world! Can we have some cooler, wetter weather please?💦

Crikey; if this carries on for much longer, I'll glue my hands onto a Boticelli!🙀

_126028465_p0cnqxvm.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

The incident follows a spate of action where environmental activists have targeted famous artworks.

I glued myself to a hoover once, not in protest , I was trying to fix a bit of it with superglue.

Posted

Back to boring weather then? Lol 🙂

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

Well another lovely sunny summer day with temps 24 and rising. Just filled the water butt up with tap water again....becoming a common occurence now....got to keep the tomatoes watered !

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

After a chilly and cloudy morning the sky cleared this afternoon allowing us to enjoy a lovely couple of hours on Sea Palling beach, Norfolk. Some interesting cirrus to add to the view.

20220729_153515.thumb.jpg.07c9dda7b715da57969e7a5213989090.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Will be interesting to see if this rain will appear on Sunday, Watch this space I guess , last significant rainfall 6th June…

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

floop-gfs-2022072912.500h_anom_nh.thumb.gif.dfa8ba13eb6dcbf915e57e681f71d802.gif
Going away Monday morning so just a quick post about what I think the future has in store for us.
Cut off low over the North Atlantic breaks through weak high and joins low stalled around Iceland and slowly pulls it further East, away from blocking any 'warmer' developments and allowing more high influence.
image.thumb.png.c24114519a089476c239c2721f70aa5f.pngimage.thumb.png.e026c6858c2ea664f472b4138efe37c8.pngimage.thumb.png.61933c6397dc09b8c5ef4c71b8f379d2.pngimage.thumb.png.28ac4d51e1985da6eabc0f3dbda407de.png

But that's not just it, there is a lot more than that. For example, the air is very dry, not that much warmer than now, doesn't seem to be the prospect of rain from that nearby trough and why is that?

To talk about that, we have to look at the origin of this air. Air drawn up from the deep south of the USA, currently experiencing a significantly warm period as well as dry, similar to us here. Doesn't necessarily show why it's not that warm though. 
xx_model-en-330-0_modusa_2022072912_192_1642_457.thumb.png.adafb861e6bb0c3f7a21f0ec511c2467.png
That's where relative vorticity comes in, all that blue is anti-cyclonic motion, relative to the velocity of the air, the heat tends towards the radius which is why Ireland get's the bulk of the heat here (although naturally cooler, with London's dynamics it would be hotter than shown), although the air is slow to reach because it's moving away from the motion and therefore will also lose some of it's heat that way.
image.thumb.png.e84f7e75d12e439cedbbc103cf03c9b1.png
So, all in all, I see no reason for this to change significantly, unless that positive relative vorticity up from France can move North to us, I think the temperature will stay around 25 Degrees Celsius for a lot of that time, past a week and a bit, I suppose that could change but I wouldn't think anything too dramatic unless a trough pops up all of a sudden.

As for the rain on Sunday, 50/50 for that one, I don't have enough time to explore it fully but I would lean towards some rainfall from that for our region but maybe not all of it, might not be any at all, a real mix in the models at the moment, so it's hard to tell.

Edited by Eagle Eye
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

yay.... another overcast day how exciting.. 😒

Posted

Sat in the van on the Norfolk coast listening to the rain on the roof. None of the forecasts I've seen over the last few days suggested this for today. Shame as it's my last day.

1679035436_Screenshot_20220730-114801_NetweatherRadarExtra.thumb.jpg.817850c5e114767e0d3c4dd10cbfeb30.jpg

• Like 2

Posted

Rain..... what is that (come winter i'll regret saying that)

It is another warm sunny day with mid 20's temps. So far in July i've recoded 0 rainfall. we had a brief bit of mizzle at one point but not enough to measure. Walking over the north downs today and the grass (straw) just crunches under your feet. There are a few burnt patches around where fires have broken out but luckily they have been extingushed before they caused to much damage.

Looking at the forecast it is looking like it will be a completely dry month and that follows June where there was just 0.2cm rain.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms☃⛈

27 July 2022 Time-Lapse

• Like 1

Posted
10 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

Sat in the van on the Norfolk coast listening to the rain on the roof. None of the forecasts I've seen over the last few days suggested this for today. Shame as it's my last day.

1679035436_Screenshot_20220730-114801_NetweatherRadarExtra.thumb.jpg.817850c5e114767e0d3c4dd10cbfeb30.jpg

Last day where on holiday ?on netweather?in east anglia ?,on earth ?quick tip Venus is stifling,Mars take a cardigan:-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

much brighter start then yesterday, still see a lot of cloud but there's much bigger gaps allowing the sun to get through unlike yesterday where it was around 4pm until the cloud moved away to get the sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Fresh breeze blowing!?! and again looking at the FAX charts very little in the way of isobars...seems to be frequently happening in summer. 

Posted

Cloudy, Breezy but also Humid.....looks to be a common theme with this week ahead?

Posted

Breezy and so muggy, 24 degrees. Not a drop of rain in the forecast… tell a lie! MetO app shows a 40% chance of a shower at 4PM tomorrow 😂

The desert remains. Found 4 dead, dried out slow worms in the garden in the last few days 😕

• Like 2

Posted
16 hours ago, TN9 said:

Last day where on holiday ?on netweather?in east anglia ?,on earth ?quick tip Venus is stifling,Mars take a cardigan:-)

Lol. Very funny TN. Me thinks you're not paying attention as I've done a few posts this last week from my caravan holiday at Sea Palling, Norfolk, and didn't think I needed to mention 'where' for a 3rd time. 😁

• Like 1

Posted

This does not seem BAU this summer, I am sitting in the garden, shorts t shirt, flip flops, it’s cloudy, it’s breezy yet it’s 24 degrees, heat is not done with us yet, those praying for rain, I would rather it holds until late autumn, one thing is for sure when it rains it’s going to rain hard and for months on end guaranteed.

• Like 1