Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny in the summer, cold and snowy in the winter

Had some rain here this morning.  As much as I'd like the snow to get me out of going to the office on Wednesday, I think rain is as much as we'll see

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.
Just now, TheMoonman said:

Had some rain here this morning.  As much as I'd like the snow to get me out of going to the office on Wednesday, I think rain is as much as we'll see

Think it still good chance early hrs tomorrow...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!
1 minute ago, Floatylight said:

Really 50/50 for Kent as far as I can see, if it speeds up even a tiny bit today we could get lucky.  Sadly I have been through the ringer enough times to already have mentally written it off as nothing but rain.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny in the summer, cold and snowy in the winter
3 minutes ago, Floatylight said:

I hope you're right

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

So every time I can be bothered to look it’s all changed, currently midweek I’m too far south for the heavy rain turning to snow, by the end of the week I’m too far north for the heavy snow turning to rain, so basted on this I’m expecting heavy slush at some point in the next 5 days or maybe absolutely nothing at all followed by heavy rain next weekend….and you can bet that will happen (but we do need it) think I’ll just wait and see, nowcasting by looking out the window is probably better than giving oneself a headache looking at the possibility of nothing 🥹

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Snowangel-MK said:

So every time I can be bothered to look it’s all changed, currently midweek I’m too far south for the heavy rain turning to snow, by the end of the week I’m too far north for the heavy snow turning to rain, so basted on this I’m expecting heavy slush at some point in the next 5 days or maybe absolutely nothing at all followed by heavy rain next weekend….and you can bet that will happen (but we do need it) think I’ll just wait and see, nowcasting by looking out the window is probably better than giving oneself a headache looking at the possibility of nothing 🥹

I wouldn't worry too much, this will come down to the wire, forecast now almost an irrelevance for next 24 hours.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Light drizzle here this morning in on the Essex/Suffolk border...bloody cold though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!
13 minutes ago, DJ Fart said:

Light drizzle here this morning in on the Essex/Suffolk border...bloody cold though!

Ditto in Mid Essex, although it was a bit heavier for a while. Looks a bit brighter now. I guess it will be a case of lamp post watching over the rest of this week once the Arctic air is established over us.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

06z GFS making more of the back edge snow as the cold front slowly clears tomorrow

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Plant, Vegetation, Atlas, Diagram, Person

UkV too, slow to clear the front allowing colder arctic air to catch up

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Plant, Vegetation, Flower

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
6 minutes ago, Nick F said:

06z GFS making more of the back edge snow as the cold front slowly clears tomorrow

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Plant, Vegetation, Atlas, Diagram, Person

UkV too, slow to clear the front allowing colder arctic air to catch up

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Plant, Vegetation, Flower

Knife-edge stuff for me.  I was in London with the family in December when that snow started coming down.  All the way back home through Essex was a white out.  Kids excited, I'm excited.  Then we get off at Colchester and there's barely anything!  Literally five miles down the road it was laying thick.  Gutted to miss out then and looks like it might be touch and go again.

• Like 1

Posted

There is a warning out for overnight into tomorrow but when you read the text it hardly seems worth bothering.

h_lnxvxlqrdqb2kyrixw3lmmul7n-abrzjuzyvzd
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Met Office UK weather warnings for rain, snow, wind, fog and ice. Choose your location to keep up to date with local weather warnings.

Many areas will see little or no accumulations of snow, but 1 to 2 cm could settle in some spots, most likely over high ground and southern parts of the warning area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Patchy, mostly light rain, here: 4C.

Posted
12 minutes ago, snowblind said:

There is a warning out for overnight into tomorrow but when you read the text it hardly seems worth bothering.

h_lnxvxlqrdqb2kyrixw3lmmul7n-abrzjuzyvzd
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Met Office UK weather warnings for rain, snow, wind, fog and ice. Choose your location to keep up to date with local weather warnings.

Many areas will see little or no accumulations of snow, but 1 to 2 cm could settle in some spots, most likely over high ground and southern parts of the warning area.

Just covering their backsides in case it snows more than models anticipate. Plus just a few cms on higher routes can cause mayhem down south.

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Nick F said:

Just covering their backsides in case it snows more than models anticipate. Plus just a few cms on higher routes can cause mayhem down south.

I think the wording and warning might change as we get later into the day. If you take the totality of what is available at the moment there is certainly potential for the south and southeast to get a decent layer.

• Like 1

Posted

Throwing it down here now.  With rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
10 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

Do you happen to know what the colours in the top one mean. It's using three different ones, hoping one of the is not freezing rain, can do without that nonsense.

I know orange is sleet not sure about the other one.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Snow in Spring is not usually my thing, however it feels like one last chase for the season.

Many of us will probably be left disappointed, but it's the chase that keeps us going...surely?  🙂

A lot of curtain twitching going on across the Region overnight tonight!

• Like 3

Posted
20 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Snow in Spring is not usually my thing, however it feels like one last chase for the season.

Many of us will probably be left disappointed, but it's the chase that keeps us going...surely?  🙂

A lot of curtain twitching going on across the Region overnight tonight!

Keep the faith.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Nick F said:

Very true.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

UKMO 06z for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. 😉

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Plant, Vegetation, Outdoors, Nature, Rainforest, Tree

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Nature, Outdoors, Plant, Rainforest, Vegetation

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Plant, Vegetation, Nature, Outdoors, Rainforest

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Was gonna moan about how my area misses out on both warnings typical. Never mind may be next time. I've noticed when the met misses coastal areas they are normally right, but not always, so have my fingers crossed regardless for Wednesday. Tuesday has always looked more marginal for here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Nice and balmy 8.5c here on the Riviera and yet another bland day to add to the many of the last 6 weeks or so...but 4 degrees up on yesterday.

Looking at the prospective precip type charts for the next few days haven't seen one where I live with snow on the coast! but that's the way of things now days. I'll look forward to further cold rain...

Edited by Froze were the Days

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms
1 hour ago, snowray said:

UKMO 06z for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. 😉

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Plant, Vegetation, Outdoors, Nature, Rainforest, Tree

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Nature, Outdoors, Plant, Rainforest, Vegetation

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Plant, Vegetation, Nature, Outdoors, Rainforest

Ready for more sleet in Bexhill? haha

Posted
4 hours ago, throwoff said:

I wouldn't worry too much, this will come down to the wire, forecast now almost an irrelevance for next 24 hours.

Wheres the wire ,tell me.. ill go-get us some pictures:)

• Like 1