Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter snow.

Doesn’t seem anywhere near as windy here as the previous windy Saturdays last month despite this being a named “storm”.  Currently quite calm here. Still, it’s yet another utterly atrocious weekend day for a summer month, very wet early and again this afternoon with a rumble of thunder. Sunshine measurable in minutes (about 3) and chilly. With almost no sun all week the house is really quite cool, more like March than August 🤮

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.
2 hours ago, NYCSnow said:

Doesn’t seem anywhere near as windy here as the previous windy Saturdays last month despite this being a named “storm”.  Currently quite calm here. Still, it’s yet another utterly atrocious weekend day for a summer month, very wet early and again this afternoon with a rumble of thunder. Sunshine measurable in minutes (about 3) and chilly. With almost no sun all week the house is really quite cool, more like March than August 🤮

Not too far from you ( Fleet) and this is my August afternoon! 🤦🏼‍♀️

Could contain:

• Like 3

Posted

After a relatively calm day the wind has picked up noticeably this evening. Also temperature is down to 13.7C - the coldest in the last 24 hours. 

10.4mm the total for us today (so far).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Absolutely awful "summers" day! Nowhere near as bad as forecast and certainly no need for the weather warning here but yuk all the same! And cold......

Could contain:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Not much to report here. 

It's as windy now as its been all day!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Awful first thing this morning and I too lit up the woodburner for 45 mins to take the chill off the temp inside the house. Not too bad out now with sunny spells and temp currently 18.6C.

For the record, yesterday's rainfall totals as calculated by the hi res radar. Many seeing a good inch (25 mm) of rain:

HiResrainfall05Aug23.thumb.png.88f1cd71c91a59439cea34022789323b.png

Source: Netweather Extra Hi Res radar

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

One of the WORST Summers I can remember! For East Kent, Summer didn't really start until mid June, and then throughout July it was terrible! All that clapping about Global Boiling from the sensational media, and the west having early summer for most of June it's still ***

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
1 hour ago, Neilsouth said:

One of the WORST Summers I can remember! For East Kent, Summer didn't really start until mid June, and then throughout July it was terrible! All that clapping about Global Boiling from the sensational media, and the west having early summer for most of June it's still ***

You're obviously not that old then...saying that it is one of the worst spells of summer weather I'd say in the last decade or so. I remember July 1988 when we had rain falling on 30 of the 31 days! Certainly worse than the July just gone in this neck of the woods!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
5 hours ago, Neilsouth said:

I don't feel right complaining, when somehow we were second in the sun table, and somehow managed to finish avarage temp wise, so other areas have faired worse, or even much worse, but it certainly hasn't been very summery at all.

Had a nice walk today by the river, nice warm, Shane about the fair weather cloud, that developing a bit to much though. Lucky there's been no showers out of those yet 

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

For the first time this year I can say the air feels autumnal!

Sun is out!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Mostly sunny here today, few clouds dotted about, max of 20c and a fairly strong-ish breeze.

Posted
13 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

You're obviously not that old then...saying that it is one of the worst spells of summer weather I'd say in the last decade or so. I remember July 1988 when we had rain falling on 30 of the 31 days! Certainly worse than the July just gone in this neck of the woods!

This July gone was duller than 1988 in London. it was dullest since 1981. Let's be real it's been pants for high summer, 31 days since central London last had 25C.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm and dry summers, some storms along the way

July and early August hasn’t been a good summer. Should get better later in the week

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
22 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

I'm mid 40's dude, and how can you say that?

I said ONE OF, I didn't say it was the worst summer of all time. Sure there's been other crappy summers, but this has been ONE OF the worst *Facepalm*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

This place will be buzzing soon, once the first snows of winter arrive in 4 months' time.

Posted

well it's a better day compared to yesterday. Nice bright sun and warming up after an autumnal feel to the morning. 

warmer weather for a few days but looking dry on the Met O graphics, although they contradict that with the written forecast for the weekend. 🤔

Outlook for Friday to Sunday:

Turning breezier Friday, with sunny spells and scattered showers. Saturday, turning cooler and windy, with widespread blustery showers, potentially heavy at times. Sunday will be mostly dry with lighter winds.

MET O for London and SE 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Was in Central London yesterday for a day out and yes, not the nicest of weather. And for some reason the pavement surfaces are quite slippery in the rain I found. Some hope from the meto 10 day outlook on YouTube at the end of something warmer end of next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter snow.

Disappointingly been a rather cloudy day here with the blue sky never far away although the warmer temperature is very welcome.

Off to the south of France tomorrow and the forecast has gone from wall to wall sunshine to thunderstorms all next week.  Looks like we’ll be in the unsettled bit between the cooler north and the heat in Spain🙄😤