Hot?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

At least the wind might dry the roads 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and sun. Anything extreme.

image.thumb.png.1ecfaaee1666bb4af440f58a4df7515c.pngBeautiful demonstration of the fronts coming through and the effects they have had on temperature, rainfall, wind speed and air pressure.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

My neighbour has just sent me a text whilst out with his dogs, having a pop at the Met Office for their "sunshine" forecast on his moby app. I can see his problem, he's been caught in one of the narrow but nasty lines of showers moving thru atm. I shouldn't laugh but..... 😄

10.30 Radar13Nov2310_30.thumb.jpg.2ac1c1694784ea499ff471252cd9a50d.jpg

• Thanks 1

Posted

we have a massive squall line going through here near the dartford bridge its mental will post a video from my phone in a minute

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

My neighbour has just sent me a text whilst out with his dogs, having a pop at the Met Office for their "sunshine" forecast on his moby app. I can see his problem, he's been caught in one of the narrow but nasty lines of showers moving thru atm. I shouldn't laugh but..... 😄

Indeed, that bottom one just came through here and it was rather intense, almost looking like hail. Out driving at 8am, the roads around Surbiton were flooded, leaving pedestrians to get soaked by passing motorists who, in some cases, literally couldn't avoid driving through deep water.

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Jimmyh said:

Ah, so I wasn't imagining I could see hail (or something like hail) falling from the squall as it passed through!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

I see the Met Office has issued a thunderstorm warning for the South tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 hours ago, Reefseeker said:

Indeed, that bottom one just came through here and it was rather intense, almost looking like hail. Out driving at 8am, the roads around Surbiton were flooded, leaving pedestrians to get soaked by passing motorists who, in some cases, literally couldn't avoid driving through deep water.

Cc ould have avoided driving through it fast enough to splash someone though.

Posted
Just now, alexisj9 said:

Cc ould have avoided driving through it fast enough to splash someone though.

Yes, I thought the same. I think people were hurrying too much, getting impatient in the inevitable traffic that always arrives with wet weather, especially if they were stuck behind drivers that tried not to go through a flooded intersection at all then realised they had no alternative, the one behind speeds up to get through the orange traffic light, another one jumps in behind dashing through a red and off they go, way too fast, covering pedestrians. One school girl got soaked but then didn't move away from the edge of the pavement right next to the deepest flooding where multiple cars always pass at speed. A really unpleasant morning out there. Much clearer now.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Reefseeker said:

Yes, I thought the same. I think people were hurrying too much, getting impatient in the inevitable traffic that always arrives with wet weather, especially if they were stuck behind drivers that tried not to go through a flooded intersection at all then realised they had no alternative, the one behind speeds up to get through the orange traffic light, another one jumps in behind dashing through a red and off they go, way too fast, covering pedestrians. One school girl got soaked but then didn't move away from the edge of the pavement right next to the deepest flooding where multiple cars always pass at speed. A really unpleasant morning out there. Much clearer now.

I've seen cars do it obviously on purpose before, you can see them sweve their left wheel into the puddle. Hopefully not this morning as sounds like puddles were right across, so unavoidable, but there's no excuse for putting your foot down to get through on amber or jumping a red ever, never mind in dangerous weather. I would certainly not give either of those an excuse here. Was probably shock re the school girl, it happens that way, it kind of weird, you get splashed, and you sort of stand still thinking what just happened, while for some reason your staring at the car that soaked you going in slow motion, really weird but that's how it seems to happen. Car obviously doesn't slow down.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Last week under Amber warning we had just a fart of a wind.

This week its blowing a hoolie...

Stuff flying around garden .

• Like 3

Posted
42 minutes ago, Floatylight said:

Last week under Amber warning we had just a fart of a wind.

This week its blowing a hoolie...

Stuff flying around garden .

Much less wind about with this one for me, sheltered from the west/northwest here. And front of this storm didn't really effect the south with anything other than rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Good evening folks. Hello to those that remember me and a big hello to the ones that don’t!!  
Very windy in south beds to even tore the roof felt off my man cave. Few small trees down too!!  
here’s looking forward to the winter one of my most favourite seasons 👍🏻👍🏻

• Like 1

Posted

Does anyone know if we have had a weather warning for thundersrorms in November before?

I just can't recall ever seeing one?

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
2 hours ago, Jimmyh said:

Defo think the Debi remnants are far greater here than the other storm

Definitely not stronger than the other storm here, but much stronger than I was expecting this evening if I'm honest, has to get over 78 to be stronger here, that's not on the cards I hope at any rate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter. Colder the better.

Good evening all,

Woah, totally underestimated Debi in this neck of the woods. I had to (had to, being used losely here) go and get some chocolate to cure a craving I could not shake and I couldn't believe how stormy it is, in North Essex. 

I live by the army garrison and too Chinooks were out circling tonight. Can't imagine that was very comfotable. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

An odd sort of day in that it was blue skies and sunny all day and mild but with a strong gusty wind. Very poor visibility too, usually you can see brighton along the coast but  couldn't see a thing today, anybody know why? Maybe foam from the choppy sea? 

Posted
1 hour ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Does anyone know if we have had a weather warning for thundersrorms in November before?

I just can't recall ever seeing one?

One was issued near the beginning of last November for SE England. There were only about 10 strikes in the warning area if I am right, one was close to me at Pagham over 3/4 hour before the warning became valid.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

I am sure the only snow I got 22/23 was last Nov/  Dec time.

Someone in mad thread said about it being too early for the chase.

I ve known it to snow end November into Dec?

Was it last Nov or Dec in the South east we got a bit?

Edited by Floatylight
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !
23 minutes ago, Floatylight said:

End of November was very cold last year and here this happened on the 12th Dec 

IMG_6611.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
32 minutes ago, Floatylight said:

Sunday December 11th we had snow, lasted in the garden for a whole week.

2009/10 End of November and then again a week or so before Christmas, which melted just before Christmas Eve here!!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual works for me...!

The radar looks quieter than perhaps anticipated. Will the yellow warning referencing the potential for thunderstorms this morning be withdrawn? Or are we still expecting some to form up?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Good Morning all.

I hope I find yourselves and your Families, well. 

Looks like another bout of heavy thundery type downpours are looking to track across extreme Southern coastal areas of our region, in the next few hours. I hope our own Nick F. doesn't mind me quoting his Thunderstorm Watch post:

"A strong cyclonic westerly flow covers most of northern Europe, with a strong zonal jet stream running from NE USA across the N Atlantic to N France and on through Germany and Poland. Returning polar martime flow across the UK will be characterised by increasingly steep lapse rates, as cold air floods eastwards aloft (500 hPa temps below -25C), relative warm SSTs below will create sufficient instability to support scattered heavy showers and thunderstorms over sea but which will drift onshore at times across western coastal areas of Britain over the next 24hrs. A shortwave trough in the jet stream close to the far S of England running east along the English Channel / N of France is forecast to force a more organised area of convection in an environment of stronger deep layer shear in association with the jet stream. Clusters of heavy showers and thunderstorms look to graze southern coastal counties of England Tuesday morning as they run east across the English Channel and eventually into the far N of France during the afternoon. Hail and intense rainfall leading to localised flooding is possible with these showers / storms. An isolated tornado can’t be ruled out, given some strong low-level shear is modelled during passage of the trough."

Issued by: Nick Finnis.

Then it will be all eyes on this 'fella, waiting in the wings on Thursday, for our Region:

image.thumb.png.b3afa1ea2aa3045fcc281c472fe803a4.png

It's not expected to be strong enough to warrant naming but it still has the potential to deepen further. 

It'[s certainly one to keep an eye on.

But it certainly look to remain unsettled, wet and windy at times.

Regards,

Tom Q. 👍 

• Like 2