Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)
40 minutes ago, Somerset girl said:

Very wet all day today and looks like more light rain for a few hoursyet .

On plus side sweet peas , lavender,  outdoor tomatoes,  second early potatoes are all benefiting from the rain - the strong breeze not so much. 

I was thinking similar to you, but in terms of the grass, the outdoor plants as my places on the market at the moment and I was having to water the lawn which I would never normally do. I will just wait until autumn. But as I need to keep it good for viewings, the rain is welcome to a point , although I would like some warm hot weather again soon. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

Drizzling here too. Nothing showing on the radar though.

Typical British weather. The school summer holidays start and we have a grey, wet and windy weekend!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, warm sunny days , gales in Autumn , frost in Winter .

Heavy but short showers here , then the sun pops out and off we go again.  

Really feel for those with children now on school holidays.  

Posted

Afternoon All, the welcomed rain finally arrived yesterday, and I know the garden appreciated it. Overnight the low of 15.2°C at: 00:00, has risen to 20.2°C, RH83% and light air movement from the WNW, under mainly cloudy skies.

From Above

Capture.thumb.GIF.38f498c1d9102de11cae6a56a6095899.GIF

On Golden sands

Capture.thumb.GIF.d92ccaf8e0b770f0c0a9f4dc2645c06f.GIF

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Much nicer than yesterday with it being mostly sunny and feeling reasonably warm. Shame the breeze spoilt it a bit though. Reached 19.6°C 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Good Morning all,

Welcome to November 😞

• Like 1

Posted

Morning All, a showery start after the overnight low of 13.9°C at: 01:58 has eased up to 17.0°, with the current RH90% and light air movement from the S.

From Above

image.thumb.png.b42d47094b51e20b02c94b45e7a40db9.png

On Golden sands,  not a lot of ice-creams being sold today!

image.thumb.png.33d3deb53d899e638ed39381b048cfcc.png

Fragmentation of the southerly moving front suggests at the moment not a lot of rain either, with the current amount of 0.2mm probably being our total amount.

image.thumb.png.bc4c345e771f232e7a3b79f675c714d6.png

Yay, it worked that time, I p*33ed off the weather gods so they made it rain!

image.thumb.png.2ad183f6b285a279d03d76e373f6f5d3.png

'T' marks the spot, 3mm of rain in as many minutes, love it..

image.thumb.png.761185496c6040e04c499dc16e9f947d.png

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe
3 hours ago, Rich_Clements said:

Good Morning all,

Welcome to November 😞

Was just about to post the same thing!

Posted
1 hour ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

kill me now, My sad is bad

That's a new one ! SAD in the summer, hmm..

According to the NHS website, they quote "Some people with SAD may have symptoms during the summer and feel better during the winter." But you have SAD both Winter & Summer?

Posted
1 hour ago, dr weather said:

Was just about to post the same thing!

I have to be honest, (as much as it'll pee people off) the lack of high temperatures and full on day after day sunshine doesn't bother me at any season during the year.

HOWEVER, I do understand the appreciation for working folks who could possibly relish some sun. So, patience possibly late August early September may well be your time. I always preferred to take the first two week in September as holiday, it was quiet and often very nice weather-wise.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
1 hour ago, Dorsetbred said:

I have to be honest, (as much as it'll pee people off) the lack of high temperatures and full on day after day sunshine doesn't bother me at any season during the year.

HOWEVER, I do understand the appreciation for working folks who could possibly relish some sun. So, patience possibly late August early September may well be your time. I always preferred to take the first two week in September as holiday, it was quiet and often very nice weather-wise.

To be honest Dorset, your differing preferences are great, it would be boring if we all had the same likes and dislikes and that is where the stuff in the M.A.D thread gets silly it has to be a certain way or no way.

I don't mind a couple of weeks of rain and restricted temps during summer as months of high temps would start to feel old after a while in the same way extreme cold would also have the same effect during winter and that is the good thing about living on our little island out in the gulf stream we generally don't get the extremes for long periods. 

Not that my preferences makes any difference to the weather it'll do what ever and that is the fun, trying to work out what's going to happen next.

• Like 1

Posted

I like variable weather also. I used to live in Spain and the constant hot and sunny weather used to bore me and grind me down.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Gloomy most of the day with a few showers and a keen breeze. Certainly didn't feel anything like you'd expect in July. Reached 19.4°C

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, dr weather said:

I like variable weather also. I used to live in Spain and the constant hot and sunny weather used to bore me and grind me down.

How long did you live there for? And how long does the sun last for?

Posted
1 hour ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

How long did you live there for? And how long does the sun last for?

I lived there for about 9 months in 1989-90 and again, more briefly, in 1993. Both periods were spent in Madrid. The hot sunny days would seem to last for weeks on end. The street thermometers in the summer were always displaying well into the 40s, but the temperature was probably more accurately in the high 30s most days. It was a dry heat, but still tough.

For my second stay there I took residence in the highlands to the N of the city, where it was a little cooler.

• Like 1

Posted

Good Morning All,

Its certainly drier and brighter than yesterday morning, the wind seems to have dropped as well.

Posted
13 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

It would seem our lawn is now slug party central! One positive, our first ripe tomato of the year tasted good.

I'm waiting for our first tomato, they are yellowing nicely so it wont be long..