Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
10 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

I thought I was having a hot flush!! Window wide open, standing there in my vest and knickers! I was dying 

Careful of the neighbours..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Still 13.6°C and it's barely moved from that all day.   

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

It will probably barely move from that all winter. Rogue hard frost in May to kill off all the plants.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Going back a couple of days to the Yellow warning debacle, In my professional life we have to do something similar in putting out warnings but have found that if you do it too often and people see it as false positives they ignore the warnings. Then something comes along that is important, they get caught out and then its everyone else fault other than their own. I can see this happening with these Met Office warnings.

• Like 3

Posted
59 minutes ago, Rich_Clements said:

Going back a couple of days to the Yellow warning debacle, In my professional life we have to do something similar in putting out warnings but have found that if you do it too often and people see it as false positives they ignore the warnings. Then something comes along that is important, they get caught out and then its everyone else fault other than their own. I can see this happening with these Met Office warnings.

Especially with 3 in one week! The crazy thing is , I read them all to determine if there's a possible impact, using it to compare all the other data around, oh, and sometimes local knowledge of the area.

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted

Morning All, the warm sun of early is beginning to look a tad bit less with clouds moving in, and showers to the west of the area.

On Golden sands this morning, looking very autumnal

image.thumb.png.ad04a54df780fbb551bcb065d66e8130.png

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Thanks 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

There have been stronger sounding/feeling gusts in the last 6 to 8 hours than from any of the named storms in recent weeks! 

Been good for getting the washing dried, even though it has to be heavily pegged down so as not to blow away!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Hi everyone. So yes the whiff of a frost potentially in thr next couple of weeks starts to wake the winter posters! 

however I'm here as i have issues with my weather station. Its dying on its weeble!  have a froggitt wh3000se weather transmitter and station. Had it for 4 years. Its linked to my ecowett account. Sadly parts of the transmitter is starting to fail the temperature gauge is breaking down intermittently and the wind gauge has now just gone

So I'm off to get a replacement tomorrow but what of all my weather records. Do they get wiped with a new station? As said I'm ecowitt so I'm hoping I can just add a weather station to it and carry on? Or should I download all the info incase it disappears. 

Any help would be great

Screenshot_20231119_150320_Outlook.jpg

20231119_105337.jpg

20231115_173816.jpg

Screenshot_20231119_105006_Samsung Internet.jpg

Posted
1 hour ago, festivalking said:

Hi everyone. So yes the whiff of a frost potentially in thr next couple of weeks starts to wake the winter posters! 

however I'm here as i have issues with my weather station. Its dying on its weeble!  have a froggitt wh3000se weather transmitter and station. Had it for 4 years. Its linked to my ecowett account. Sadly parts of the transmitter is starting to fail the temperature gauge is breaking down intermittently and the wind gauge has now just gone

So I'm off to get a replacement tomorrow but what of all my weather records. Do they get wiped with a new station? As said I'm ecowitt so I'm hoping I can just add a weather station to it and carry on? Or should I download all the info incase it disappears. 

Any help would be great

Screenshot_20231119_150320_Outlook.jpg

20231119_105337.jpg

20231115_173816.jpg

Screenshot_20231119_105006_Samsung Internet.jpg

Worth talking to @Mapantz as he has loads of experience in lots of units. The challenge being saving any old data, should you change supplier as they all seem to do their own thing. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

Well there you have it !  The mere mention of snow in the headlines and " The day after tomorrow " is on TV. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
8 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

Aoke this morning to see 200+ items in the Model Output, thought it's that time of year again as some of the winterites return, and the MOD thread goes ballistic (as it did).

The aspect I can't get my head around in the MOD thread is the constant desire to try to identify some sort of arbitrary cut-off point along the lines of "it will definitely be sorted by then" when there are usually dozens of runs left and so invariably the cut-off point doesn't materialise as expected and nor should it until T+0 (e.g recent warning/no warnings debacle).

Edited by The Enforcer
  • Like 1

Posted

Morning All, a bright start this morning after an overnight low of 8.2°C at: 02:09, currently 11.9°C, RH87% and a light breeze in from the NW.

From Above

image.thumb.png.91601c4a91019bbe642346e4a37a59ef.png

On Golden sands

image.thumb.png.8bc2a8098835ddb778d36e8b14798809.png

• Like 3

Posted

Morning All, its the sun's day off today, meanwhile the overnight low of 8.3°C at: 07:56 has very slowly climbed up to 8.3°C, RH87% with a light breeze in from the N.

From Above

image.thumb.png.1cea6d2631594ba945ae11b290706e3a.png

On Golden sands with a fairly uniform layer of St this morning.

image.thumb.png.9f4536f5a59c3d12910588a7c0ddf847.png

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 2

Posted

Ohh a change in wind direction a bit of a 'Nor Wester' this morning.

No sun though 🌞

Posted
2 hours ago, Rich_Clements said:

Ohh a change in wind direction a bit of a 'Nor Wester' this morning.

No sun though 🌞

That would be pushing it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Dull all day but at least it was dry. Reached 11.2°C

Posted

Morning All,

Blimey its quiet in here......

Think its time to avoid the Mod thread. 

Posted
9 minutes ago, Rich_Clements said:

Morning All,

Blimey its quiet in here......

Think its time to avoid the Mod thread. 

Nothing to talk about! It's cold and horrible

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms. Warm weather. Not hot or cold weather.

Are there any military exercises today. Can hear booms  from the south direction.