Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

No storms Club 2022

Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
1 hour ago, Tamsin said:

September 13 2016 was probably the best storm I've experienced.  I'm holding out hope for another 30 days but so far, 2022 has probably been the worst year I've ever experienced 

It's also been my worst year in terms of chasing since the awful 2010 and 2011 seasons

• Like 1

Posted
On 24/07/2022 at 03:19, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

Just like with snow in winter, thunderstorms during the summer is becoming more of a rarity.

At one time, you were almost guaranteed a thunderstorm after a period of hot weather. But not anymore.

A bit unfair to the post 2010 period, as I feel 2013-2018 produced some decent thunderstorms, but the last 3 years have let the side down.

I think a storm is in the offing before mid September, just have a feeling. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Where was my storm *cries in shelf cloud*

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

Even though Thurrock was in yellow warning area for thunderstorms we did not get any. The reason for poor outcome of weather forecast for Thurrock is the weather station in Gravesend-Broadness has been removed and the nearest weather station is 30 miles away from where I live. The Met Office weather station is Landwick near Shoeburyness. The other weather station is St James Park, London.

Posted

god bedford sort it out. I couldn't of been that sleepy to have missed everything!! hardly anything here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Slug

Not been much here in this period but i think i have seen a couple of storms before the summer but nothing major this year ☹️

if you look at the past week then you’ll see the majority of decent storms are to east of plymouth.  

soon we will all have lightning; we must believe that ⚡⚡⚡☄️☄️☄️🐺🐺🐺🦊🦊🦊

Posted

naff all. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.

For me one of the most thundery years I have ever experienced, and August 2022 possibly the single most thundery month. But that was thanks to spending much of the summer in Greece.

One wouldn't think Greece is more thundery than the UK but in my experience that part (Pieria, just to the SW of Thessaloniki) definitely is. Cbs observed, thunder heard or lightning seen on the majority of days from August 11 to September 5, inclusive. Plus, thanks presumably to warm seas, winter sees thunder too  - a common winter setup seems to be "proper" cold fronts giving brief thunderstorms followed by a sharp change to sunny, clear conditions.

Back home, I got thunder here in mid May (the Wednesday just after mid month) and lightning on the cold front associated with Storm Franklin, but I think that's about it!

Edited by Summer8906