Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The heat haters club 2022

Dami
Message added by Paul,

This thread is for those who don't enjoy the heat to discuss that and offer support to each other through the summer months. If you don't feel similarly and don't have any empathy for those who do, please don't post in here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 hour ago, ThunderAthlete said:

Working in a Non-AC office full of computers, printers etc... on tuesday, that will be hell LMAO. Oh well, just will drink plenty of cold drinks!

hell! still have to wear shirt and tie? and long trousers, socks and shoes!

Wed seems a loooong way away

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty

Just caught up with the model thread, grim reading for heat haters. Not only are we being barbecued alive tomorrow and Tuesday, it looks like the heat could well bring a friend with it - brisk hot winds.  So we will be barbecued alive with the addition of bellows being applied, great - looking forward to this sooooooo much 😖

Does anyone with more knowledge than I have any idea why all this is happening?  I did read sometime ago and can’t recall where, some scientists consider expanding Hadley cells to be a possible culprit. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).
13 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

hell! still have to wear shirt and tie? and long trousers, socks and shoes!

Wed seems a loooong way away

I'm allowed to wear casual clothing, mercifully! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
6 minutes ago, ThunderAthlete said:

I'm allowed to wear casual clothing, mercifully! 

Just shorts then.....

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
36 minutes ago, simshady said:

Kept the windows closed all day and was bearable. 1 down, 2 to go.

Stay safe...60hrs to go then some relief

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Wonder what the 'response' of next winter in the uk will be to the likely record breaking heat in the uk coming up with yet another threshold breached. Another totally crap one? I seriously doubt  record breaking cold temperatures anyway. Perhaps more likely record breaking warm temperatures at some point. 

Admittedly my post maybe a bit ott. But just a thought. 

Edited by sundog
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
8 minutes ago, sundog said:

Wonder what the 'response' of next winter in the uk will be to the likely record breaking heat in the uk coming up with yet another threshold breached. Another totally crap one? I seriously doubt  record breaking cold temperatures anyway 

record breaking warmth of some kind, from Dec to Feb

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
2 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Yes more likely then record cold temperatures anyway I would presume. 

• Like 1

Posted
47 minutes ago, Snowycat said:

Just caught up with the model thread, grim reading for heat haters.

Just skip it for now, trust me. It will just ruin your day.

That's my attitude as well. One day gone, the end of this heatwave is a bit closer. Stay safe everyone.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

We need to invent giant floats and float the UK further north and sit it right next to Iceland. Then sit back and enjoy the snow every winter awwwwwww

• Like 4

Posted

I'm lucky. Looking at the UKV 15Z today it'll all be over by 16:00 Tuesday. I feeling very sorry for people around Lincoln and Bedford areas. 

• Like 3

Posted

Nearly time folks ,  the dreaded heat is almost on us  😩

I suppose the sooner it comes the sooner its over ,  I just wish time would pass very quick , I feel two days of my life are wasted on damn hot weather 😠 , as there will be nothing to do but shelter indoors and try and keep cool ,  plus side is I am of work this week ,  I really do feel for anyone who has to work in 37 to 41c temps , I hope we never see anything like this again this year .....or ever     

• Like 5

Posted
9 minutes ago, ModestMention said:

I'm lucky. Looking at the UKV 15Z today it'll all be over by 16:00 Tuesday. I feeling very sorry for people around Lincoln and Bedford areas. 

Oh god I hope thats the same for here , and if i dont get a storm tues eve this summer can do one , as a previous summer lover its becoming my  season of hate now, and the reason is silly high temps are becoming a real risk , but storms seems to be fewer ,  roll on autumn,   

Edited by IanR

Posted

At the moment there is quite large Ac Cast and one to the East of me has quite impressive fallstreaks

image.thumb.png.ad70067a992a2f7284ab00d6ba33f700.png

Edited by ModestMention
Add photo
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow or dry, warm and breezy.

I am dreading the next few days, living in Peterborough, right in the place forecast to be hottest. I was considering getting a train to Newcastle or Edinburgh today and working from a hotel there for the next two days, as I work from home, but the forecast temperature differential was not enough to make it worthwhile.

I have a portable air conditioner in my study but it is so noisy.

I cant believe some of the people on the model thread actually looking forward to this. Lets hope we get revenge in winter, if we can survive the next few days.

• Like 5

Posted
1 minute ago, Stav said:

I am dreading the next few days, living in Peterborough, right in the place forecast to be hottest. I was considering getting a train to Newcastle or Edinburgh today and working from a hotel there for the next two days, as I work from home, but the forecast temperature differential was not enough to make it worthwhile.

I have a portable air conditioner in my study but it is so noisy.

I cant believe some of the people on the model thread actually looking forward to this. Lets hope we get revenge in winter, if we can survive the next few days.

We will. Trust me on this.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool and quiet; snow can be nice too
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

We need to invent giant floats and float the UK further north and sit it right next to Iceland. Then sit back and enjoy the snow every winter awwwwwww

I might genuinely move to Lerwick one day, especially if I get (even) more heat-sensitive as I grow older.

Wonder if Rightmove has seen a spike in searches for such a move? 😉

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
4 minutes ago, ShinyDave said:

I might genuinely move to Lerwick one day, especially if I get (even) more heat-sensitive as I grow older.

Wonder if Rightmove has seen a spike in searches for such a move? 😉

That and the shetlands are just too far north for evil plumes to get to

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

God I hope so 🤞🏻 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Forecast to reach 35°C here on Tuesday! 😮😱🥵 Never seen a temp forecast so high for my area! Southerners are used to those kind of temps but not up here. It’s actually forecast to be hotter here than on the south coast! Even on 25th July 2019 it only reached 33°C here.

Luckily it will be brief and by Wednesday it will all be over and back to average temps.

Tbh as the government declared a national emergency I think they should close schools and non-essential businesses on Monday and Tuesday Imo. They closed everything down for months because of covid after all, so it wouldn’t hurt to close everything down again for a couple of days.

A lot of people will struggle in this extreme heat, especially if they’re working/going to school in a non-air conditioned environment. Think a lot of folk will skive off work/school this week... “Sorry, I can’t come in today, I’ve got covid.” 😉 Can’t blame ‘em really.

The one good thing no one has mentioned is that the humidity will be low during this heatwave, so it won’t be as humid as previous heatwaves like in August 2020 which was much more humid. This will be a very dry heat, so for the temperature it shouldn’t feel that oppressive. For example London at 4 pm on Tuesday is forecast to be 40°C but only 16% humidity - so like a dry continental heat rather than the muggy humid heat we more typically see.

I will be spending this heatwave indoors in my undies in front of the fan until it’s over.

Take care everyone, go slow, stay out of the sun, drink plenty of water, stay at home if you can. 🙂

Ive heard a good way to cool down is to wear a wet t-shirt and to put a bowl of water with ice cubes in front of a fan.

A good forecast from you tuber Gavin Partridge:

And shame on GB News for downplaying the serious of this heatwave. All very easy to say when you’re in an air conditioned tv studio.. “Were going to reach 40°C IF WERE LUCKY”. What planet is this woman on?

986053B0-66FB-491B-86B0-E7F713E8A274.png

F134F2D4-F001-418C-80C9-2B0292A41178.png

• Like 2

Posted

Cancelled my birthday party tomorrow for the health and safety of  my loved ones. It's currently 22.c outside and 29.c inside the flat. In heatwaves, we don't use the oven, tumble dryer or put the TV on. I live on a heat island with a tarmac car park and an A road in front of me and an apartment block that heats up and stays hot. It's going to be a horrible couple of days.

I don't hate heat, I went to primary school in Jeddah! But the red sea, cool buildings and AC everywhere is not comparable to 40.c here.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

You watch GB news... oh dear 🙄, 🤷‍♂️😂😂😂

Posted
22 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

And shame on GB News for downplaying the serious of this heatwave. All very easy to say when you’re in an air conditioned tv studio.. “Were going to reach 40°C IF WERE LUCKY”. What planet is this woman on?

Politicians, reporters... they're so out of touch with reality, they don't live the life of regular folks. They have no clue what life is like for normal people 

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Stav said:

I am dreading the next few days, living in Peterborough, right in the place forecast to be hottest. I was considering getting a train to Newcastle or Edinburgh today and working from a hotel there for the next two days, as I work from home, but the forecast temperature differential was not enough to make it worthwhile

I work from home as well, and i don't even have a fan. Why don't you go to a Costa/Starbucks/... and spend the hottest part of the day there. You can order a drink and work there. I'm sure they have Aircon. 

This is what I'm planning to do.