Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The heat haters club 2022

Dami
Message added by Paul,

This thread is for those who don't enjoy the heat to discuss that and offer support to each other through the summer months. If you don't feel similarly and don't have any empathy for those who do, please don't post in here.

Posted

Hopefully thread will be quieter now. Had some warm days on the Yorkshire Coast, but just about within my tolerance level. Victory finally declared in the war on the wasps nest under the eaves. I need to replace a lot of the wood as its rotten and didn't fancy doing this with a cloud of wasps. Finally found the nest yesterday in a really difficult to get to place under the tiles. Got stung twice, not badly, but victory. It seems to have been a good year for wasps, nest was huge, probably 15inches. 

So next weekends task is replacing rotten wood, hopefully with weather similar to this weekend. Likelihood of a heat wave seems to be diminishing.

Still no rain here, its been all around, but we've missed it. It had stayed fairly green here, as we had some rain during July, but now looking very parched, and a hosepipe ban from Friday.

Maybe we won't need this thread next summer (I can hope)

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Yes, it's nice to see this thread quiet now, although i did spy a hiccup or two this week.

I'm pretty certain the thread will be back next year, as we can always been assured of at least one very hot spell.

• Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, Dami said:

Yes, it's nice to see this thread quiet now, although i did spy a hiccup or two this week.

I'm pretty certain the thread will be back next year, as we can always been assured of at least one very hot spell.

Still time for it to pick up again and wouldn't be surprised if it did!

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Don said:

Still time for it to pick up again and wouldn't be surprised if it did!

Very true. September can still be very warm these days!

• Like 2

Posted
13 minutes ago, Dami said:

Very true. September can still be very warm these days!

Certainly can and often an extension of summer now!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Utterly sick now of this humid crap, summer 2022 has been the most uncomfortable, expensive, draining, challenging, vile, sack of **** any season has been for decades, it just won't let go. Never felt so ill for so long. 

Time for a move North if this crap continues

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

A very good Morning to President Dami,

and all, in the Heat Haters Party. 

Finally, this filthy muck is on it's way out.

Brontophobic me, was woken by a couple of rumbles of Thunder just before 3 A.M.

These were followed by a brilliant flash of Lightning, which was my cue to up sticks and move downstairs, to our Lounge.

Find it difficult to remain on the top level of the House, with Lightning flashing about.

Didn't want to disturb Colette, as she can become very upset if her sleep is broken.

Yes, Morticia - image.thumb.png.cedff74382e435e04c814a5c2ec76dbe.png can then morph into image.thumb.png.d69ece41683feae7cd661970e3ee783c.png - Medusa,

if woe betide anybody/thing, comes between her and her shuteye.

One of ny nicknames for Colette is A.M. Grumpy Knickers.

So, I did the dutiful thing and retreated downstairs, to brave any Lightning/Thunder out, on my lonesome.

Find it difficult to remain on the top level of the House, with Lightning flashing about.

But nothing else happened, until just before 6 A.M. I was very impressed with Meteox Radar's prediction of some torrential Rain for the London area, between 5.30 and 6.30 A.M. During that hour, the Rain fell in absolute torrents.

Could only hear some rumbles of Thunder at that time, and saw no Lightning. Obviously the Storm, was very elevated.

Morticia/Medusa/A.M. Grumpy Knickers [I do love her, really I do!!], is occupied with disinfecting an Ocado delivery, so can't see what I'm posting. The Rain is still coming down in torrents and our Postage Stamp garden has already got a green tinge, about it.

As you can see from below and not surprisingly, it's still very humid at our nearest recording  Station, of London City Airport, with a Relative Humidity of 94% but that filth is on it's way out now.

image.thumb.png.e14867a2c78fb03dc350b30ec7da984e.png

So, where do we go from here. 

Well, it should certainly feel a lot more pleasant for us Heat Haters but as was stated above, although September is the first Month of Meteorological Autumn, it can still become uncomfortably warm. Early September is the time of my Birthday and I've had many, very warm ones. But to the chagrin of Members in the H.L.P. [Heat Lovers Party], 'Ole Father Time is now on our side.

Good riddance to this God awful Summer/Heat and Humidity, and don't darken our doorstep for at least another 10 Months.

I'd better sign off now as Medusa [sorry Colette], is about to finish disinfecting the Shopping and may want to know, what I've written!!

To all fellow Members of the H.H.P., go outside and take a few lungfuls of fresh air [when it finally arrives]. and breathe a sigh of relief, that we are about to get some payback for having to endure, such a diabolical Summer.

P.S. It's still tipping it down outside and you can almost hear our garden go, aaahhhh!!

Regards,

Tom Q and Medusa. 👍 😓

Edited by Tom Quintavalle
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty

Lovely lovely heavy rain falling now, beautiful.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

have another week - 10 days of hot weather here ..27-33c into the first week of Sept...looks like it cools down thereafter. Been a dry hot August thus far here..but with very low humidity its been very pleasant indeed

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

Big change in the weather here in South Yorkshire today, much cooler, only around 15'c and persistent rain heavy at times. 

Feeling very much like autumn. 

Weren't even forecasted yesterday. 🤷

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

I am losing of hope of having rain in Thurrock and the South East this weekend as the weather wunderground keep on changing their minds of the chance of precipitation for South Ockendon from 80% down to 40%.😔😞

Posted

Morning Everybody,

It's AUTUMN!!

With this in mind and apologies to Noddy Holder and Slade.

I thought I would rewrite their Festive favourite to honour President Dami, and my fellow colleagues, in the Heat Hater's Party.

MERRY AUTUMN EVERYBODY  

"Are you hanging up your T-Shirts, in the Hall?      It's the time that every Heat Hater, has a ball.

Do they no longer have a red nose?    No more need to use high factor lotion.   

It will soon be time to have, a hot toddy potion.

So, here it is merry Autumn, every Heat Hater's having fun.     Look to the future now, it's only just begun.

Are you waiting for the first frosts, to arrive?        Are you sure you've got the heating on inside?

Does your Granny always tell ya, that the old Autumns are the best?    Which she speaks of with great zest.

So, here it is Merry Autumn, every Heat Hater's having fun.    Look to the future now, it's only just begun.

Has it all gone very quiet on the MAD Thread?      Is the cooler, wetter Weather filling them with dread?

So, here it is Merry Autumn, every Heat Hater's having fun.      Look to the future now, it's only just begun."

If any other of my Heat Hating colleagues would like to add further Choruses, please feel free to do so.

Apologies to Noddy Holder and Slade, I'm no Art Garfunkel, Paul Simon or Stephen Sondheim but after emerging from such a torrid and intolerable Summer, felt it warranted celebrating.

Myself and Morticia [Wife, Colette], have welcomed the fresher last couple of Nights, by putting a new Duvet on our Bed.

Ever since the July Heatwave, until a couple of Nights ago, we had just the Duvet cover over us.

Hope all my colleagues in the Heat Hater's Party, enjoy the change in the Weather.

We all certainly deserve it, after the disgustingly high temperatures this Summer has thrown at us!!

When time permits, I would like to do an appraisal of what this Summer threw at us.

Regards to President Dami and all Members of the Heat Hater's Party.

Very best wishes,

image.png.59bdf88e1db66dc4609c6ba8137d47d9.png

Morticia and Gomez Addams [aka Colette and Tom Q]. 👍 🌧️ 

Edited by Tom Quintavalle
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
7 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Thanks for the company! Time for the cold haters thread to open??! Over and out!

I wouldn't count on that, just yet, Beka -- there's still an awful lot of heat not far away to our S, SW & SE. Maybe not 27C on Hallowe'en but, hey, you never know!😁

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather
9 hours ago, Tom Quintavalle said:

Morning Everybody,

It's AUTUMN!!

With this in mind and apologies to Noddy Holder and Slade.

I thought I would rewrite their Festive favourite to honour President Dami, and my fellow colleagues, in the Heat Hater's Party.

MERRY AUTUMN EVERYBODY  

"Are you hanging up your T-Shirts, in the Hall?      It's the time that every Heat Hater, has a ball.

Do they no longer have a red nose?    No more need to use high factor lotion.   

It will soon be time to have, a hot toddy potion.

So, here it is merry Autumn, every Heat Hater's having fun.     Look to the future now, it's only just begun.

Are you waiting for the first frosts, to arrive?        Are you sure you've got the heating on inside?

Does your Granny always tell ya, that the old Autumns are the best?    Which she speaks of with great zest.

So, here it is Merry Autumn, every Heat Hater's having fun.    Look to the future now, it's only just begun.

Has it all gone very quiet on the MAD Thread?      Is the cooler, wetter Weather filling them with dread?

So, here it is Merry Autumn, every Heat Hater's having fun.      Look to the future now, it's only just begun."

If any other of my Heat Hating colleagues would like to add further Choruses, please feel free to do so.

Apologies to Noddy Holder and Slade, I'm no Art Garfunkel, Paul Simon or Stephen Sondheim but after emerging from such a torrid and intolerable Summer, felt it warranted celebrating.

Myself and Morticia [Wife, Colette], have welcomed the fresher last couple of Nights, by putting a new Duvet on our Bed.

Ever since the July Heatwave, until a couple of Nights ago, we had just the Duvet cover over us.

Hope all my colleagues in the Heat Hater's Party, enjoy the change in the Weather.

We all certainly deserve it, after the disgustingly high temperatures this Summer has thrown at us!!

When time permits, I would like to do an appraisal of what this Summer threw at us.

Regards to President Dami and all Members of the Heat Hater's Party.

Very best wishes,

image.png.59bdf88e1db66dc4609c6ba8137d47d9.png

Morticia and Gomez Addams [aka Colette and Tom Q]. 👍 🌧️ 

Here is a verse from me Tom

We'll be having a rain fest

and it will be one of the best.

It will be a cooler September

which everyone will remember.

There'll be 31 days of fog in October

which will excite every coldie weather forum member.

• Like 3

Posted

Morning all!

Well i would like to say this club is finally closed for this year, but i'm seeing some ideas of a storm pushing warm air back to us for temps in the low 30's, hope that doesn't happen!

I won't be doing a 'winter thread' as people already have threads on topics it would of covered, and there is normally a thread for winter moans.

I'm glad some of you found the first year of this thread useful and special thanks to @Tom Quintavalle for your lovely posts.

😀

Edited by Dami
  • Like 3

Posted
12 hours ago, Dami said:

Morning all!

Well i would like to say this club is finally closed for this year, but i'm seeing some ideas of a storm pushing warm air back to us for temps in the low 30's, hope that doesn't happen!

I won't be doing a 'winter thread' as people already have threads on topics it would of covered, and there is normally a thread for winter moans.

I'm glad some of you found the first year of this thread useful and special thanks to @Tom Quintavalle for your lovely posts.

😀

Evening all,

Hope I find yourselves and your Families well, on this very sad Evening for the Nation.

I'm in no way a Royalist but Elizabeth Windsor, was a very special Lady.

Much thanks for those very kind words, President Dami.

I've very much enjoyed contributing a bit of "Tomfoolery", to this Thread.

Yes President, we do NOT want those "silly numbers", returning.

Myself and Morticia [Wife, Colette], are still recovering after being "stabbed" in the arm, with our Fourth Covid vaccine jab.

Having two AutoImmine conditions [Psoriasis and Reynaud's Disease], meant that Colette was likely to get a reaction to the jab, and Boy did she get one!!

At 2.30 A.M. this Morning, she was shivering, even though her skin was hot to the touch and we had our Duvet over us.

The full Duvet returned last Week, after having a Holiday during the Two Heatwaves.

But after a couple of Paracetamol, Colette's "chills" diminished and then she complained of feeling hot, even though her skin temperature, had greatly diminished. So much so, that we had to put Petunia the Pedestal Fan, on quite a high setting.

This was a similar reaction to what my Wife experienced after our first Covid jabs [AstraZeneca].

Evidently the Moderna vaccine has strands of the original Covid Virus, and the Omicron variant.

As is normal with Colette's hypersensitive Immune System, it goes into overdrive when an "alien" attempts to enter her body.

Her Immune System has experienced the original Covid Virus but not the Omicron variant, hence her adverse reaction to it.

I've got away with just having a very sore upper left arm, at the site of the injection.

But what has this got with "Heat Hating", you ask?

Not a lot really but I hated having Colette's hot skin [steady on. Matron!!], touching my own skin, last Night.

These reactions to our Covid jabs has really ruined the Day for us both, as it was my Birthday. Which was made even more poignant by the announcement, of Her Majesty's passing.

Much thanks for all your kind words and contributions.

It's a great shame President Dami had to put the Heat Hater's Club together, in the first place but I'm fully expecting to see a repeat performance, next Summer. Hope not but I'm not holding my breath!!

Very best wishes,

Morticia and Gomez Addams [aka Colette and Tom Q]. 🙏 😓 

• Like 2