Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The heat haters club 2022

Dami
Message added by Paul,

This thread is for those who don't enjoy the heat to discuss that and offer support to each other through the summer months. If you don't feel similarly and don't have any empathy for those who do, please don't post in here.

Posted
15 hours ago, ThunderAthlete said:

The warm weather along with having windows open, has certainly allowed a lot of spiders to get in. Not a big deal generally (they deal with insects) but I've found myself walking into cobwebs in various rooms, which seem to have been built in seconds flat. Usually I can't see it and then I walk into it, yuck. Loads of massive cobwebs outside too!

Don't mind the little garden and window spiders - it's the common house spider that gives me the creeps. House spider season almost upon us!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
1 hour ago, Paul_1978 said:

Don't mind the little garden and window spiders - it's the common house spider that gives me the creeps. House spider season almost upon us!

It's not spotting a spider that is the problem. It's when you blink and its gone. It could be anywhere. 😲

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty

Hello fellow heat haters…..not liking the trend on reading the posts in the MAD thread 😩

• Like 1

Posted

Don’t mind spiders,  catch them and put them outside.   It is flies I hate 🤢

Superstition has it spiders are lucky and as the saying goes …..if you want to live and thrive let the spider run alive….😁

9780191799440.jpg
WWW.OXFORDREFERENCE.COM

A prohibition against killing spiders, which have long been seen as bringers of good luck. Amongst the several old superstitions

Edited by Snowycat
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.
2 minutes ago, Snowycat said:

Superstition has it spiders are lucky and as saying goes …..if you want to live and thrive let the spider run alive….😁

9780191799440.jpg
WWW.OXFORDREFERENCE.COM

A prohibition against killing spiders, which have long been seen as bringers of good luck. Amongst the several old superstitions

Unless they are cellar spiders, who kill house spiders…..

• Thanks 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, snefnug said:

Unless they are cellar spiders, who kill house spiders…..

Didn’t know that, will look out for them.  The cats alert me to spiders and I can then step in…..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
39 minutes ago, Snowycat said:

Superstition has it spiders are lucky and as the saying goes …..if you want to live and thrive let the spider run alive….😁

9780191799440.jpg
WWW.OXFORDREFERENCE.COM

There has been heaps of flies coming into my house this summer. My Raid has been a life saver.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.
40 minutes ago, Snowycat said:

Didn’t know that, will look out for them.  The cats alert me to spiders and I can then step in…..

image.thumb.jpeg.7f80b28fb823782ee75d4bf11b89401d.jpegThey look a bit like daddy long legs  and quiver at you from invisible webs.  Crewe Cold loves them though...

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Snowycat said:

9780191799440.jpg
WWW.OXFORDREFERENCE.COM

Sodding flies waking me up at 5am buzzing in my ear. Pee off!!! Worse than the heat at keeping me awake!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

Today feels cooler than yesterday despite not having any rain or thunderstorms. The temperature is 21C and the sky is covered with Stratocumulus cumulogenitus clouds and there is a cool breeze. According to Wunderground there is a 71% of showers tomorrow at 6.00 am.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

I now get excited when I see an overcast sky.  Sadly despite the clouds today, the sun manages to peep through.  All I want is dull day with no sight of the sun and hours and hours of light to moderate rain fall.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Nothing extreme.
34 minutes ago, Katrine Basso said:

I now get excited when I see an overcast sky.  Sadly despite the clouds today, the sun manages to peep through.  All I want is dull day with no sight of the sun and hours and hours of light to moderate rain fall.

You and me both!  There's nothing better than a nice drizzly day with overcast skies and a fresh breeze.  I've had enough "warm sunshine" to last me a lifetime.

Edited by Stewart M
  • Like 4

Posted
13 minutes ago, JR319 said:

Can’t believe people in the MAD forum are complaining about the lack of heatwave conditions not being forecast 😂

Today is a perfectly useable day. Warm and sunny with a nice breeze. What’s not to like? 

Its not called the MAD thread for nothing.

Either way this hideous hot summer is coming to an end. Autumn around the corner. 👍 👍 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

Spiders might be getting a bit much in my apartment now so time to think about a bit dusting... maybe.

cobnwebs.jpg

Edited by ThunderAthlete

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
8 hours ago, Katrine Basso said:

Evening all,

President Dami, and all Members of the Heat Haters Party.

Signora Basso, you have the same mindset as my Wife and myself.

Colette calls us the "Addams Family" - image.thumb.png.41cbb042f76d25b3ca94b58cece03bc2.png

We both hate Summer, Sunlight and light Nights.

Of course, Colette is Morticia.

And I just prefer to be known as Gomez, rather than any of the other Male characters.

Have been keeping an eye on this Thread from afar, whilst I've been hosting my Horse Racing Competition.

After having to put our exercise walking on hold, due to the ridiculously high temperatures, we finally managed to get some exercise, Yesterday Morning. We killed "two birds with one stone", by having some exercise and Colette picking up my very important, B.P. medication.

It was unbelievably humid Yesterday Morning, as I'm sure Members of the H.H.P. that live in the London/South East area, will confirm. We left home at 9.15, with the Relative Humidity at around 93%. The air was so "thick", you could almost cut it with a knife. Yuck!!

Just before we left, I checked the Weather Forecast and although my Laptop was telling me that my home location was still under a Yellow Warning for T/Storms, being a "Weather Geek", knew that ship had sailed, quite a few hours earlier.

On our outward bound journey, there was still quite a bit of pretty shallow Cumulus about, some even had fairly dark bases and if I my hobby had not been Meteorology, I might have suspected that a heavy Shower, was imminent.

Colette, sat me in a local Park, while she walked a further half a Mile, to collect my medication, from a Chemist in Sainsburys.

While she was gone, an area of Cumulus with darker bases started to move overhead but this self confessed Brontophobe felt self in the knowledge, that I wasn't about to be struck by Lightning. So much so, that I felt brave enough to sit under a large Horse Chestnut Tree, knowing    that I wouldn't be struck by lightning.

The cloud was thick enough to produce a few spits of Rain. I shouted across to a Lady opposite to enquire, what was that wetness I could feel on my arm. Very innocently she replied, "It's Rain". Then she realised I was pulling her Leg, with a bit of irony. 

But the "fake" Shower, soon disappeared and Colette came hobbling back.

We must have looked like the "Odd Couple", walking together. Colette with her Walking Stick, an aid as she is suffering from Psoriatic Arthritis/Raynaud's Disease and myself with my unsteady gait, caused by a Stroke in Sept, 2015.

The "Odd Couple" then went to the Park's Cafe, for a quick beverage before we returned home.

Google Maps calculated that Colette had walked about Four Miles [with that diversion to pick up my medication], and myself Three and a half Miles. 

As the clouds were much more broken on the way home, the Sun was much more evident as was the rising temperature and ongoing humidity.

Both "fake" Morticia - 20190816_064745.thumb.jpg.1ad8356502fd5c35eb547e254911228a.jpg 

[Colette really}, after I did my Italian hairdressing bit, by colouring her hair. I coloured it almost as Black, as Morticias'.

Colette and myself, really enjoyed our very welcome Showers.

But not together, no that Avenue of pleasure Colette closed "Sybil Fawlty" like, a few Years ago and she doesn't want it open again. Poor thing, being my Carer, she has to administer Personal Care to myself, in showering me and bless her that's enough penance for any Woman, to have to endure!!

But a very brave Lady, for entrusting me with colouring her hair, just a few Weeks before we got engaged.

Anyway, back to the Weather and where we stand regarding any further "Silly Numbers", in terms of more horrendously high temperatures.

Below, is a link to MeteoGroup's, Dame Helen of Chester sporting what looks like a "Morticia like", grey streak in her hair :

Weather for the Week Ahead - BBC Weather

That a Girl, Dame Helen!! Ms Willetts is having none of the return to "Silly Numbers" that those opposite in the Heat Lovers Party, are clamouring for!! 

Or to put it another way, in terms of a Football chant, soon I want to be hearing, "It's all gone quiet, over there!!".

Regards,

Gomez and Morticia [aka The Addams Family]. 👍 

Edited by Tom Quintavalle
  • Like 4

Posted

I'm looking forward to enjoying some rain, and by enjoying it I mean getting out there in my wellies and raincoat, with an umbrella to hand, sitting in the shelter sipping hot drinks.  After all, that's how sun-worshipers "enjoy" hot sunshine isn't it, slathered in sunscreen, sunhat and sunglasses on, sitting in the shade during the hottest part of the day.

• Like 6

Posted
5 minutes ago, Stewart M said:

I'm looking forward to enjoying some rain, and by enjoying it I mean getting out there in my wellies and raincoat, with an umbrella to hand, sitting in the shelter sipping hot drinks.  After all, that's how sun-worshipers "enjoy" hot sunshine isn't it, slathered in sunscreen, sunhat and sunglasses on, sitting in the shade during the hottest part of the day.

Patience mate. It's just around the corner. 👍 And you can sense the desperation in the MAD thread. 7/8 months of wind and rain. Glorious. And we can finally put this hideous summer behind us. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Interesting weather (wind, rain, snow). No temperatures above 21C!

Hi, new to these forums (fora?) but most definitely a heat hater!  I have to ask - what's the "MAD" thread?

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, G4WFT2 said:

Hi, new to these forums (fora?) but most definitely a heat hater!  I have to ask - what's the "MAD" thread?

Hey welcome aboard!

The "MAD" thread is the Model Output Discussion thread, but is often labelled the MAD thread due to the sometimes rather hyperbolic and over-enthusiastic discussion that take place, especially in summer when hot weather seems possible (and in winter when cold weather seems possible).

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Interesting weather (wind, rain, snow). No temperatures above 21C!
14 minutes ago, Stewart M said:

Hey welcome aboard!

The "MAD" thread is the Model Output Discussion thread, but is often labelled the MAD thread due to the sometimes rather hyperbolic and over-enthusiastic discussion that take place, especially in summer when hot weather seems possible (and in winter when cold weather seems possible).

Thanks Stewart, I thought it might be!  I've just about given up reading it as it seems the model outputs are interpreted to suit the interpreters personal preferences in many cases.  One individual who shall remain nameless seems able to find heat in the outlook no matter what!  I've always disliked heat, right back to childhood.  Give me a brisk north-westerly, a few showers and 21 degrees C maximum and I'm happy. 

• Like 8