Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The heat haters club 2022

Dami
Message added by Paul,

This thread is for those who don't enjoy the heat to discuss that and offer support to each other through the summer months. If you don't feel similarly and don't have any empathy for those who do, please don't post in here.

Posted
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
1 minute ago, RabbitEars said:

Honourable member Sid and all others who are suffering increases in symptoms and trouble on the medical front, I do pray and hope that you will all be feeling better soon.

Normal summers are bad enough with hay-fever, asthma and the likes, this one is much worse with the wildfire smoke (and next-door-but -one's BBQ).

Always good to have GP practice on speed dial, oh and the emergency services (for those times when you come across an accident or a fire or an alarm of some kind. 

Couldn't agree more.... add into my picture a much older husband who is extremely medically complex with more or less the same problems as our lovely Tom..... dreadful times.... I look forward with eagerness to Autumn and Winter X

• Like 6

Posted

Why is it still 23.3c at almost midnight? I wish it was cool and windy with some rain overnight. So, so fed up with the heat now.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, warm, snow

Another horrible, horrible night.  Hardly slept a wink.  Have had all the doors and windows open since 6.30 and a lovely cool breeze is wafting through the house.  12C at the moment.  Not looking forward to yet another boiling hot day.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
9 hours ago, Sidsnake said:

Tom.... I feel this must be said..... Thank you so much for letting us all here into the lives of you and Colette.  I almost feel as though I'm in the spare bedroom with one of your famous fans...... I always look forward to your posts.... Keep safe Sir, both of you.... very best wishes.... Jane

Agreed! They are a joy to read.  🙂

Rough night again. Just as i was dropping off, around 11:30 someone started a firework display. Surely they should be banned until things improve? Our room is still 24c, Gah. I really hope Monday and Tuesday deliver the goods! 

Edited by Dami
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Woken up to dark grey cloud and 14C. Forecast was gin clear and 30C.

Edited by summer blizzard
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
42 minutes ago, Dami said:

Agreed! They are a joy to read.  🙂

Rough night again. Just as i was dropping off, around 11:30 someone started a firework display. Surely they should be banned until things improve? Our room is still 24c, Gah. I really hope Monday and Tuesday deliver the goods! 

Typical of modern Britain: we're surrounded by bloody morons!🥵

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty

Another evil daystar dominated day looming.  What a dogs breath of a summer this is turning out to be.  Just visited a few weather sites to see what is forecast for my area over the next few days and I see the early indications of rain, with or without thunderstorms, have all but disappeared.  Zero rain now being forecast and at this rate I can see me losing many garden plants not to mention the continued worry of wildfire.   Just wish summer would oblige and disappear up its own derriere now.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool and quiet; snow can be nice too
1 hour ago, Snowycat said:

Just visited a few weather sites to see what is forecast for my area over the next few days and I see the early indications of rain, with or without thunderstorms, have all but disappeared.  Zero rain now being forecast and at this rate I can see me losing many garden plants not to mention the continued worry of wildfire.

OOF yeah I just noticed my area is showing less of a rainfall prospect than before. Not none, but less, and in the circumstances not nearly enough.

The evil daystar seems to be muted after today but...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
11 hours ago, Sidsnake said:

Tom.... I feel this must be said..... Thank you so much for letting us all here into the lives of you and Colette.  I almost feel as though I'm in the spare bedroom with one of your famous fans...... I always look forward to your posts.... Keep safe Sir, both of you.... very best wishes.... Jane

A very Good Morning to President Dami, and all fellow Heat Haters. 

I have to say, Colette and myself were pleasantly surprised, by how comfortable last Night, felt. Although we did have the Family of three Fans, operating. Also, we had the door and window open of Jane's spare Bedroom, which seemed to help us well.

Much thanks to you Jane and Dami, for your very kind words.

Never mind about the spare Bedroom, you are cordially invited into the Black hole of Kolkata.

I sneakily took the following image, when Colette disappeared downstairs, at 4 A.M. At first I thought she had popped to the Loo but soon realised, she was further afield. So, I took the opportunity, to take the following image, which I hope will go some way to explain, why I bang on about our Doll's House of a property, we live in and it's Hamster Cage sized, main Bedroom.

Colette would probably kill me, if she found out I'd taken this snap but here goes:

20220814_044104.thumb.jpg.1fb0880db5b70c288ca7ba53401decbd.jpg

From left to right, on view are newly born Tulip the Turbo Fan, in the middle her Father, Fabrizio Fan and on the right her Mother, Petunia the Pedestal Fan. just behind Fab, is Charlie Chest of Drawers, and sitting astride Charlie is, Teresa the Smart TV. Behind Pet, you may just make out, Clarissa the Clothes Horse. But I do feel sorry for poor Clarissa, the space is so tiny she occupies, means that she can't stretch her legs out. So, as you can probably tell from the dimensions, there is only about five or so feet, between Tulip and her Mother, Petunia.

As you can tell, Tulip has taken her Father Fabrizio's colouring and nothing from her Mother, English white rose Petunia

As I stated the other Day, Colette's Sister-in-Law from her first marriage, designed these pokey 2 up 2 down properties, for the Housing Association she works for. Thank you so much for our Hamster Cage of a Bedroom Sarah but you just forgot to install a wheel, for us to get some exercise.

Speaking of Sarah, in a short while I will post up the latest thoughts of Dame Sarah [Keith-Lucas] of Hastings.

Yes, the blokes have left it to the Ladies yet again, to Forecast us out of this mess.

Obviously treble time isn't enough to entice them out of their, Sun Loungers.

Right, I'd better post this before Colette comes back downstairs, discovers the "Virtual" tour of our Bedroom  and has my guts for garters!! 

Regards,

Tom Q 👍 😓

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
12 hours ago, MP-R said:

Need to get out and meet more people..!

Must try harder then, only was in blackpool,manchester,slough, street(your area), birmingham and derby last week😂

Just in Street last thursday, market day on the high street, never seen it as dead, never never found it so easy to park. The weather was not being enjoyed there trust me.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Right, swiftly moving on.

Below, are the recent observations from my nearest recording Station:

LONDON CITY AIRPORT - Temp - 28c. Dew Point - 14c. Relative Humidity - 42%. 

image.thumb.png.07dec892b71201a1ba10aa22083c54f9.png

I will now post up the latest thoughts of Dame Sarah of Hastings, who has yet again drawn the short straw and finds herself on duty, for MeteoGroup.

Dame Sarah began with a look at the depressing, here and now:

20220814_091205.thumb.jpg.f85503773802b36d3a6e82459e017255.jpg

Hopefully the last of these disgusting temperatures, this Summer. 

But what are these blue/green blobs and yellow flashes? Even Dame Sarah looks nonplussed.

20220814_091135.thumb.jpg.e6058d65ac86ac3d619d62320bc053ec.jpg

Now with a modicum of understanding, Dame Sarah suggests that the blue/green blobs will start to work their way further South, later on Tonight and more especially Tomorrow.

20220814_091557.thumb.jpg.7cc81889beefb6fd4aa252cdf4e9caec.jpg

Dame Sarah almost appears apologetic, for the still horrendously high temperatures expected Tomorrow Afternoon, in the East.

20220814_091629.thumb.jpg.0d511b4eb152f79f4e4e9183861c8fb3.jpg

At this stage of the Forecast, the thought of a drop in pressure and some Rain [whatever that is], has caused Dame Sarah to pout, Liz Truss like. Either that or a sudden attack of constipation but don't worry Dame Sarah, I'll give you some of my Movicol.

20220814_091501.thumb.jpg.2a1ed9409ea87145990122eadf05e0d7.jpg

By Tuesday Morning, Dame Sarah having recovered from stomach discomfort, suggests a more organised band of blue blobs will advance further South, into N.England with some strange blue blobs, appearing in the English Channel.

20220814_091710.thumb.jpg.a5e7a3fd1e262275fe12f183449510a6.jpg

A more assured Dame Sarah, sees some blobs/yellow flashes breaking out over England and Wales, during Tuesday Afternoon.

20220814_091750.thumb.jpg.b7f92dac83aa5d3ac5a31d026b7ec88a.jpg

And is pleased to announce, that temperatures are returning closer to normal. 

20220814_091823.thumb.jpg.df1e8a977f7f75298985b4dfaaad458a.jpg

Dame Sarah takes on a slightly quizzical look, as the green/blue blobs seem to be intensifying over the South of England, on Wednesday. 

20220814_091906.thumb.jpg.2b3e352636c7f83a2a0a4a25187784d6.jpg

Dame Sarah saved the best until last but was almost asleep, at this stage of the Forecast but she has put in so many shifts lately, whilst her Male colleagues have been topping up their Sun Tans.

20220814_091951.thumb.jpg.48570451593fbb535b101f4a3c69c117.jpg 

Many thanks Dame Sarah, for your tireless endeavours in trying to rid this disgusting Weather, from our Shores.

More power to your elbow, and tell those lazy good for nothing blokes, to get off their backsides and do some proper Forecasting.

Just want to state, that no Weather Forecasters were harmed, in the making of this post.

Regards,

Tom Q.  👍 😓

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Nothing extreme.

Wow this spell has been draining!  In many ways it's worse than the July heatwave.  I don't know why but it's seemed even hotter to me than the extreme heat of last month.  Probably due to the protracted nature of this heatwave, maybe higher humidity, or maybe it's just because my already limited tolerance of heat is now at breaking point.

Roll on next week!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Nothing extreme.
1 minute ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Enjoy this weather whilst we still have it.  

Yes let us all put considerations of health, comfort and liveability (and sleep!) and just enjoy the heat! Silly me, that's where I've been going wrong all this time! d'oh!  And as for my elderly parents who have really been struggling in this current spell, well if they'd only just enjoy it, well there you go eh?

Seriously, why don't you realise we don't all like heat and will never "enjoy it"?

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
2 minutes ago, Stewart M said:

Yes let us all put considerations of health, comfort and liveability (and sleep!) and just enjoy the heat! Silly me, that's where I've been going wrong all this time! d'oh!  And as for my elderly parents who have really been struggling in this current spell, well if they'd only just enjoy it, well there you go eh?

Seriously, why don't you realise we don't all like heat and will never "enjoy it"?

You’ll never be able to please every Brit in the country. I can assure you that many will be reminiscing on this extraordinary summer when we have the misery of endless floods and a summer where we barely get above 30c. We still mention 2006 and of course 2018 when the chips are down and being rained off from going anywhere or getting any outdoor work done or even drying the washing. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Cold, Very Snowy
9 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Each to their own, but we have finally got the summer that many have been craving for years. 40c breached and endless gin blue skies. It’s been absolutely remarkable. 40c was simply too much to bear as I knew it would be if ever we did experience it, which we now have! But this weather now is what many Augusts have been missing for many years. It’s like the old proper Augusts we used to experience regularly. Many have been utterly dross. I’d rather have this, than endless rain, flooding and drab wasteful summer weather. Fires are a devastating consequence of this prolonged weather as we all know, but there’s been many more homes ruined and destroyed by unprecedented flooding over the decades. Enjoy this weather whilst we still have it.  

The clue is in the thread title.....begone sun worshiper 🙄

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Climate Man said:

The clue is in the thread title.....begone sun worshiper 🙄

I’ve been on this forum for over a decade, so no, I won’t just “be gone”. I’ve even stated that 40c was too much, so that is relevant to this thread. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool and quiet; snow can be nice too
18 minutes ago, Stewart M said:

Wow this spell has been draining!  In many ways it's worse than the July heatwave.  I don't know why but it's seemed even hotter to me than the extreme heat of last month.  Probably due to the protracted nature of this heatwave, maybe higher humidity, or maybe it's just because my already limited tolerance of heat is now at breaking point.

Roll on next week!

Both more prolonged and also a more westerly focus - certainly here in South Wales it has been every bit as bad as July was, but for longer.

I want to be super excited for the end of this but that would imply having feelings right now.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
22 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Each to their own, but we have finally got the summer that many have been craving for years. 40c breached and endless gin blue skies. It’s been absolutely remarkable. 40c was simply too much to bear as I knew it would be if ever we did experience it, which we now have! But this weather now is what many Augusts have been missing for many years. It’s like the old proper Augusts we used to experience regularly. Many have been utterly dross. I’d rather have this, than endless rain, flooding and drab wasteful summer weather. Fires are a devastating consequence of this prolonged weather as we all know, but there’s been many more homes ruined and destroyed by unprecedented flooding over the decades. Enjoy this weather whilst we still have it.  

You seem to be lost.....read the title of the thread....oh and try and understand it, said in a polite manner.

Edited by markyo
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, markyo said:

You seem to be lost.....read the title of the thread....oh and try and understand it, said in a polite manner.

I do understand it. I’ve been looking after my grandparents and offering them every bit of support I have in dealing with this weather. It isn’t everyone’s cup of tea I know, and it’s been too hot even for me when we had 37-40c. However, I’m being careful what I wish for, and highlighting how remarkable this summer has been. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty
2 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

I do understand it. I’ve been looking after my grandparents and offering them every bit of support I have in dealing with this weather. It isn’t everyone’s cup of tea I know, and it’s been too hot even for me when we had 37-40c. However, I’m being careful what I wish for, and highlighting how remarkable this summer has been. 

I am wishing for, at the very least,  a week of endless drab rain as you put it - my preference.  I don’t want the expense of replacing plants and bushes which are now showing signs of dying and, more importantly,  being surrounded by tinder dry fields and woodland I want that soaked through as quickly as possible.  So, sorry, no I will not be enjoying these devastating heat and dry conditions.  Its a right royal pain in the derriere as far as I am concerned.

• Like 4