Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The heat haters club 2022

Dami
Message added by Paul,

This thread is for those who don't enjoy the heat to discuss that and offer support to each other through the summer months. If you don't feel similarly and don't have any empathy for those who do, please don't post in here.

Posted
3 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

just faint hopes now that Sunday might be the last vile day! maybe wishful thinking but models apart from GFS going for cooler on Monday

Faint hopes-It's been on the cards on the BBC Website (at least for Sheffield) for at least the past few days and since this hasn't really back tracked as such it's looks like the slightly more unsettled spell may still be on for us from Monday PM onwards.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
18 minutes ago, mathematician said:

Now it looks like this heatwave is going to last well into Monday too... So annoying 

Don't I know it.  This damned heat has spiralled my Asthma and I'm now on daily steroids.  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning President Dami and fellow Heat Haters,

Hope that your Families and yourselves are all well, and suitably "tooled up" against this horrendous heat, now beginning to engulf us.

The recent situation, at my nearest recording Station , depicts this perfectly.

LONDON CITY AIRPORT - Temp - 19C. Dew Point - 16C. Relative Hunidity - 83%.

image.thumb.png.6f4ef016b8564abde2e2104645083416.png

Already uncomfortable in our Lounge, despite having Fatima the Exchange Student Fan and Todrana the Tower Fan, working in tandem.

Fats mumbles as she oscillates, something about you lightweights, pathetic that you can't take a bit of heat. 

But Fats this is London, not Istanbul!!

As expected, last Night wasn't as comfortable as the previous two Nights, despite having the loved up couple, Febrizio Fan and his Sweetheart, Petunia the Pedestal Fan on full blast, throughout the Night.

My Wife still maintains, we should get a fourth Fan but where could it possibly go, in the Black Hole of Kolkata, I ask myself?

Meanwhile the new arrival Tulip the Turbo Fan, sits quietly awaiting instructions to join her Parents [probably Tonight], in trying to helps myself and my Wife, achieve a decent Night's sleep.

Fabrizio and Petunia are quite noisy but had some competition late last Night, from Vicky the amorous Vixen who plies her "trade", on the corner of our Close. She is also normally heard around Dawn, and sounds as if it's one of our Neighbour's, being strangled.

One of our neighbours has attracted a lot of criticism for feeding the Foxes, and also Pigeons.

But it's hard to get angry with Pensioner, Christine. Last Year her cute little Yorkshire Terrier, Pebbles, was savagely attacked and killed by a Pit Bull, in our local Park. Fortunately Chrissie, still has the company of Billy, a part Norwegian Forest Cat.

Poor chap really looks fed up, in the current heatwave conditions.

We have some very noisy Canine neighbours. either side of us. The half Italian Lady [told you they get everywhere] to our right has two Dachshunds, called Gucci and Snoopy. Hope our Neighbour isn't thinking of making a Leather handing out of a Female Sausage Dog.

The Daughter to our left, has just acquired two French Bulldog Puppies. Both sets of our Canine neighbours get very upset, when their Mummies, leave the House. But this Morning it wasn't them or Vicky the Vixen that woke me but daylight streaming through Bethany Blinds, Welsh Twin Sister of Belinda Blinds, down in our Kitchen.

We have miniscule front and back gardens, barely bigger than a Postage Stamp, befitting of this tiny 2 up 2 down H.A. property, very prevalent in this part of South East London.

Our back garden, is really looking sorry for itself but not half as bad as Sheldon Shed, who has completely collapsed and been inhabited by a Family of Foxes. My Wife caught them frolicking about on the parched landscape last Week. Not sure if it's Vicky Vixen's brood, as I've not been able to tag her! Before any Animal Rights individuals get their "knickers in a twist", that was just a bit of artistic licence.

Am I allowed to apply for an ASBO against Vicky Vixen, for her anti-social nocturnal behaviour? 

Darren our "Help the Aged" recommended Gardener has offered to salvage Sheldon Shed from his sorry state but I really do think Sheldon is beyond saving. I would take a photo of Sheldon Shed but he's camera shy, or more to the point Yours Truly is too embarrassed, at the sorry state, Sheldon Shed has got into.  

But good 'ole Darren did manage to lop of some of the branches off of our four Leylandii bushes, which 'er indoors planted when she first moved, here. They have grown really rapidly, and were starting to resemble extras in a Jack and the Beanstalk Pantomime.

During a very windy spell, a couple of Years ago, we thought they were going to come crashing down, on the back of the House but fortunately, that didn't happen.

Right, what has all this got to do with Heat Hating, not a lot to be honest.

So, where do we stand in respect of that breakdown of the heat, promised by Signora Elizabeth Rizzini yesterday Evening, for Canines, Cats, Foxes and us in the Heat Hater's Party.

The lovely Dame Laura Tobin of Northampton is still holding the line and put together the following very convincing argument for a termination of this intolerable heat early next Week, earlier on ITV's G.M.B. To be even handed, I've included The North, from Dame Laura's outlook:

20220811_072031.thumb.jpg.7406a543e8701663a4895d8eef2eaf06.jpg 20220811_072107.thumb.jpg.b5725711368ad020350b038527216f1a.jpg

And just for you President Dami and those of Brontophiles amongst you, a bit of electrical stuff promised!!

20220811_072225.thumb.jpg.cdb61f5b699af92768530c76bab481e9.jpg 20220811_072609.thumb.jpg.2b474978fdae1810ae00579507732937.jpg

20220811_071900.thumb.jpg.a6b0b3726ea9027c19d01a098075bf1a.jpg

Please be right Dame Laura, pretty please!!

The yapping coming from Gucci and Snoopy is reaching a crescendo, and driving me mad!!

Regards,

Tom [Fifth Valley]. 👍 😓        

Edited by Tom Quintavalle
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

A thundery breakdown for my neck of the woods usually means a few spots of rain a distant flash of lightning, some rogue gusts of wind and it's over.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
5 hours ago, Sidsnake said:

Don't I know it.  This damned heat has spiralled my Asthma and I'm now on daily steroids.  

Afternoon all. Sorry to hear you are feeling poorly, i hope you feel better soon 🙂

29c here atm so i expect we will reach 30c. So hoping for that stormy breakdown, although it's a few days away. 

have done my chores for today, house is now hitting 26c and climbing. time for a cuppa.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

32.2 c here too. Walked around the block at midday- out for ten minutes and burned my neck. Should know better, I know, but underestimated the power of just a few minutes exposure 😬

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty
5 hours ago, Sidsnake said:

Sorry hear your not well and hope you are soon feeling better.

Just been down in the woods to check where the all singing portable barbecue party was the other day as the fire service said there was a great deal of rubbish left behind.  Was just worried in case any bottles had been left lying around but I think the fire service had cleared it all away.  Now covered in bramble scratches and the odd nettle sting so out will come the lavender oil.

Edited by Snowycat
  • Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Frosty hollows said:

32.2 c here too. Walked around the block at midday- out for ten minutes and burned my neck. Should know better, I know, but underestimated the power of just a few minutes exposure 😬

I know that one. walk down to pick my daughter from school, be out not even 10 minutes and i have caught the sun. I never used to. The first time I did was on Holiday to tenerife, 15 old years ago and i somehow missed the tops of my shoulders with the sun cream and burnt them. Since then it doesn't take much.  My daughter is the same, even with hat and cream, used to come home quite red.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I don't know what the temp is as the 40c broke my weather station. Whatever the temperature is today, it's pointlessly too high.

• Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, Frosty hollows said:

Yup, had to thrust a hat into my partner's hands this morning to ensure it was worn, after they burnt their head yesterday. If only they'd listened all the previous times I told them to borrow my cap (I'm sporting a wider sun hat in this weather!).

Even sticking my hand out the window yesterday for less than a minute felt like I was cooking it. Jeez.....

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
1 hour ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Already indications from our friends in N & E Yorkshire of sea mist/fret on the coast.

Not yet at Bridlington, clear blues and too bl00dy hot at work 🥵

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

Not yet at Bridlington, clear blues and too bl00dy hot at work 🥵

I'm coming to Filey next week, and looking at the forecast,it's going to be a shock to the system after today's 33.4c 🥵

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!
6 hours ago, lassie23 said:

A thundery breakdown for my neck of the woods usually means a few spots of rain a distant flash of lightning, some rogue gusts of wind and it's over.

Sounds incredible,for mine it's a gradual cool down, layers of cloud and a squirt of drizzle if I'm especially lucky. Despicable climate we now have. 

The snow, summer storms and variable weather I grew up with have been replaced with hot and dry or mild and dry, even rain now is a rare treat.  Sick to death of heat, the gentle summers with a nice 24c seem impossible to achieve. Boring. 

• Like 5

Posted

iT'S TOO HOT.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
21 minutes ago, Weather26 said:

BBC Says it ends on Monday for Sheffield down to 25 and the thunderstorms arriving late morning.

og-image.png
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

14-day weather forecast for Sheffield.

Will correct soon, GFS again going for 31 here and 30 on Tues, Yuk!

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Will correct soon, GFS again going for 31 here and 30 on Tues, Yuk!

Then the plug on GFS needs pulling out and putting back in again as the BBC have saying the breakdown is Monday for the best part of 5 days, and we're into reliable time frame.

and yes i do think GFS are over cooking beyond Sunday.

Edited by Weather26

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
7 minutes ago, Weather26 said:

Then the plug on GFS needs pulling out and putting back in again as the BBC have saying the breakdown is Monday for the best part of 5 days, and we're into reliable time frame.

and yes i do think GFS are over cooking beyond Sunday.

Time to pull the plug on you, more like? 😸

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
3 hours ago, Frosty hollows said:

I'm coming to Filey next week, and looking at the forecast,it's going to be a shock to the system after today's 33.4c 🥵

Certainly could be going by the forecast, costa-del-Filey can be a wet & windy place in the wrong setup and can be quite bracing on that beach 😁 hopefully you will get some pleasant weather 👍