Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The heat haters club 2022

Dami
Message added by Paul,

This thread is for those who don't enjoy the heat to discuss that and offer support to each other through the summer months. If you don't feel similarly and don't have any empathy for those who do, please don't post in here.

Posted
On 04/08/2022 at 14:26, lottiekent said:

Why are people so hell bent on getting another heatwave? We can’t cool the house down still and it’s just unbearable most evenings. And of course the endless dry spell in the south. I’m happy for autumn to arrive now!

The Sooner Autumn gets here the better-in fact it can start as early as 3 weeks time which is the Bank Holiday Weekend.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
6 minutes ago, Weather26 said:

The Sooner Autumn gets here the better-in fact it can start as early as 3 weeks time which is the Bank Holiday Weekend.

On the contrary; I'm sick to the back teeth of making involuntary 'donations' into Shell's/BP's shareholders' offshore bank accounts!🤔

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
41 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

On the contrary; I'm sick to the back teeth of making involuntary 'donations' into Shell's/BP's shareholders' offshore bank accounts!🤔

All ripping us off left right and centre with their "necessary"  prize rises otherwise the companies will go bust, or should that be the shareholders won't be able to buy extra holiday homes.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

GFS and UKMO not far off perfect summer weather! just want a trend of temps going down a notch, but more likely go other way

Mon 27

Tue 27

Wed 28

Thur 30

Fri 30, GFS temps, no higher please or everyone again will start being wimps and staying home

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow
4 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Lol this is going to be a busy place next week. Moaning galore with 6-7days of 30C plus in places. 

After 38-40c in July, 30-32c (my locale) will be decidedly "cool"!  😁

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, Alderc said:

Lol this is going to be a busy place next week. Moaning galore with 6-7days of 30C plus in places. 

Heaven help us-it was bad enough the first time round! Are we sure the models don't want to reinstate that trough that was due around 13th/14th August.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
15 hours ago, Weather26 said:

Heaven help us-it was bad enough the first time round! Are we sure the models don't want to reinstate that trough that was due around 13th/14th August.

Morning all,

Hope I find President Dami, fellow Members of the Heat Haters Party and your Families, well.

Looks like we've got to prepare ourselves for another bout of disgustingly high temperatures about to engulf us, especially in the South and East.  

Myself and my Wife enjoyed a marvellous 3 Mile walk late Yesterday Morning, to, from and around our local Park.

Temperatures in the low 20's C, a cooling breeze from the N.W., prolonged sunshine with just a few flat, fair weather Cumulus clouds about.

Absolutely perfect walking Weather. But for some individuals further North/North West, that's not enough.

The Summer of 2018 was plenty hot enough for Yours Truly, with that July having a C.E.T. of - 19.1C. 

This July came in at 18.2C, 2.2C above the rolling average.

Below - Daily temperature values for the year against 1961-1990 climatology.

image.thumb.png.41abb95cc86fc3a02b6a84796d646885.png

Below - Mean temperature anomalies for each full year in the CET series against 1961-1990 climatology

image.thumb.png.7996165395159ab7bbfb25a65f2f0be6.png

Very depressing reading for us Heat Haters but something we're going to have to get used to, seemingly.

August 2022 to the 4th so far - 19.4C , already 3.6C above the long term average.

Roll on September, Autumn and more sensible temperatures!!

Regards,

Tom. 👍

Edited by Paul
Sorry Tom, but attacking other members for their weather views isn't on
  • Like 5

Posted

Expecting another 'red' warning issued for Stafford area! everyone will be scared of summer and 'stay at home' setup, models gradually showing worse, this time for perhaps a week

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty

Well, I can’t quite get why people keep wanting to ramp the heat up at the best of times but when it starts to cause trouble I understand it even less 🤔😢

4500.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Company says it is reducing production for few hours where possible as ability to cool plants is restricted

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

20 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

GFS and UKMO not far off perfect summer weather! just want a trend of temps going down a notch, but more likely go other way

Mon 27

Tue 27

Wed 28

Thur 30

Fri 30, GFS temps, no higher please or everyone again will start being wimps and staying home

Still too hot for me, prefer low 20’s warmth. Even 25C still feels very hot in the sun. 

5 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Expecting another 'red' warning issued for Stafford area! everyone will be scared of summer and 'stay at home' setup, models gradually showing worse, this time for perhaps a week

Doubt it, Despite the heat being more prolonged it won’t be as extreme. Probably an amber warning at most. 

21 hours ago, Weather26 said:

I’d rather not as that’s when I go away on holiday to Scarborough! It can start on the 7th of September when I get back.

I’d rather not as that’s when I go away on holiday to Scarborough! Autumn is welcome to start on the 7th of September when I get back.

Currently a nice cool 17°C here. Making the most of it before the heat strikes again.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Had to turn the fan off last night. Coolnesss!

It seems that things are going to get worst, however. Almost a week of 30+temps. 

and no storms!

😞

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, Dami said:

Had to turn the fan off last night. Coolnesss!

It seems that things are going to get worst, however. Almost a week of 30+temps. 

and no storms!

😞

Enough hot weather, return to the stone you crawled from under and never visit this island again😕. Unless you keep it to a pleasant 24c during the day and 9c at night, then come in and take seat🥰

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
25 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Enough hot weather, return to the stone you crawled from under and never visit this island again😕. Unless you keep it to a pleasant 24c during the day and 9c at night, then come in and take seat🥰

Hopefully not long till the fog index lass. Can't wait for misty Autumn mornings  and golden leaves. 

And some rain. Got reminded on FB how lush we got our grass in our garden one year, now it's yellow. 

Our gardener phoned us to see if we needed a grass cut and it was ' what grass?!!'

😩 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, Dami said:

Hopefully not long till the fog index lass. Can't wait for misty Autumn mornings  and golden leaves. 

And some rain. Got reminded on FB how lush we got our grass in our garden one year, now it's yellow. 

Our gardener phoned us to see if we needed a grass cut and it was ' what grass?!!'

😩 

My grass has vanished and the cracks in the lawn are wide enough to fit a kitten in.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Going to be another very very tough week working coming up, got to go back to 2003 for such a miserable uncomfortable Summer i feel. Nobody i work with is looking forward to it, none of the staff at the clients i visit are either. Fingers crossed after this spell of crap, draining, uncomfortable  weather is gone in roughly 7 days we can slowly look forward to Autumn...the best season of the year!!

• Like 5

Posted

Well here we are again, another heatwave... This one looks to be more prolonged than the July one. This summer is turning out to be horrible for the lack of precipitation and constant heat. I honestly took Summer 2021 for granted, had something for everyone. August 2021 was cool and fresh but gave way to a horrid September which started this unusual warm period in our weather. Hope it ends soon 😄🤞

Edited by Frigid
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool and quiet; snow can be nice too
7 hours ago, markyo said:

Going to be another very very tough week working coming up, got to go back to 2003 for such a miserable uncomfortable Summer i feel. Nobody i work with is looking forward to it, none of the staff at the clients i visit are either. Fingers crossed after this spell of crap, draining, uncomfortable  weather is gone in roughly 7 days we can slowly look forward to Autumn...the best season of the year!!

2018 was pretty egregious for anyone of a remotely penguin disposition too, but while we've had more cooler relief spells than I remember that one having, even they haven't tended to be rainy!

Last month was genuinely a heat storm (and I think the levels of damage and disruption need that kind of analogy to understand), looks like this week will be more attritional. But we got off somewhat lightly this far west compared to the East Coast Main Line corridor's "is this an error?" levels... genuinely possible that for us in this location it's as bad as July ever was...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

As a person with heart disease and ruematism, the heat is dangerous, so not a fan of high temperatures and humidity. But my biggest concern living in the drought ridden south east is for our natural enviroment. The land is rock hard and barren, streams and small rivers have dried up. We had a frightening night when a neighbouring farm had a huge fire in a stubble field...only the lack of a prevailing wind and the courage of the fire service stopped it reaching our dry as a bone land. The sight of a red sky at 1am in the UK was really chilling

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
5 minutes ago, Ravendane said:

As a person with heart disease and ruematism, the heat is dangerous, so not a fan of high temperatures and humidity. But my biggest concern living in the drought ridden south east is for our natural enviroment. The land is rock hard and barren, streams and small rivers have dried up. We had a frightening night when a neighbouring farm had a huge fire in a stubble field...only the lack of a prevailing wind and the courage of the fire service stopped it reaching our dry as a bone land. The sight of a red sky at 1am in the UK was really chilling

Yeah the sooner this weather breaks and the trough gets in, the better.

Hopefully it’ll time just right so that we’re in a cold trough come December with some snowfall around. We can dream eh?!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
5 hours ago, Frigid said:

Well here we are again, another heatwave... This one looks to be more prolonged than the July one. This summer is turning out to be horrible for the lack of precipitation and constant heat. I honestly took Summer 2021 for granted, had something for everyone. August 2021 was cool and fresh but gave way to a horrid September which started this unusual warm period in our weather. Hope it ends soon 😄🤞

looks worse on every model run, GFS eventually getting there, now 33-34 degrees, nearer the time 38-39 likely to be shown, with a red warning

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
6 hours ago, CreweCold said:

Yeah the sooner this weather breaks and the trough gets in, the better.

Hopefully it’ll time just right so that we’re in a cold trough come December with some snowfall around. We can dream eh?!

I think I'd rather see a warm, wet winter, Crewe. But, hey ho, one mustn't get onto the poverty bandwagon, must one?😁

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty
11 hours ago, Ravendane said:

I feel for you.  My mums friend’s hubby is in heart failure using piped oxygen overnight and as needed during the day bless him.   To add insult to injury he and his wife have caught COVID now and the only place they have been is to hospital appointments.  I do fear for him next week with heart failure, COVID and having to cope with excessive heat.   Rain wise, we done a little better in this part of the UK but everything is drying up like a crisp once again and I can fully understand your fears for wildfires.  Our cul de sac of bungalows are surrounded on two sides by woods and farms - worrying indeed. 

• Like 4