Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The heat haters club 2022

Dami
Message added by Paul,

This thread is for those who don't enjoy the heat to discuss that and offer support to each other through the summer months. If you don't feel similarly and don't have any empathy for those who do, please don't post in here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

well my worst fear is about to come a reality. We have just over the road a patch of land which was once a golf club has gone up in flames in two different areas so i expect it was arson. Only would take it to reach some trees by the road and my house is next. 

Oh my ffing god.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
21 minutes ago, Dami said:

well my worst fear is about to come a reality. We have just over the road a patch of land which was once a golf club has gone up in flames in two different areas so i expect it was arson. Only would take it to reach some trees by the road and my house is next. 

Oh my ffing god.

Dami, that is awful.

I'm sure I speak on behalf of everyone, we hope things turn out well for yourself and your Family.

Take care.

Very best wishes,

Tom and Colette 🙏

• Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, Wold Topper said:

Certainly could be going by the forecast, costa-del-Filey can be a wet & windy place in the wrong setup and can be quite bracing on that beach 😁 hopefully you will get some pleasant weather 👍 

I'm packing jumpers 😂

1 hour ago, Dami said:

Oh my ffing god.

Oh Dami...am so sorry. Hope you can keep safe x

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty
12 minutes ago, Dami said:

Morning all.

Quick update. Thankfully the fire service managed to contain the fire and everyone was ok. 🙂 

So pleased all is okay now.  Sitting here having my breakfast and I can  see the evil daystar just peeking above the trees grinning as it knows it is set to give us another satans breath of a day. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Only working until 1pm this week, building some Raised Bed Planters in stone. 

There is absolutely no shade at all, by then I'm completely knackered. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
57 minutes ago, Snowycat said:

So pleased all is okay now.  Sitting here having my breakfast and I can  see the evil daystar just peeking above the trees grinning as it knows it is set to give us another satans breath of a day. 

Thank you 🙂 It was a big relief. Someone recorded it on a drone and posted it, I don't get that since it got so close to the houses. I'd rather make sure i was safe. But anyway i'm very thankful.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
1 hour ago, Dami said:

Morning all.

Quick update. Thankfully the fire service managed to contain the fire and everyone was ok. 🙂 

Morning all, fellow heat haters and especially to Dami.

So pleased to hear that you're all ok. Colette asked me to pass her best wishes on to yourself, and your Family.

So, here we are then on the first Day, of those truly horrendous temperatures.

Just want to post up a few screenshots of what may be in store for us, over the coming few Days.

Signora Razzini was on duty Yesterday Evening for MeteoGroup's, "Weather for the Week Ahead".

Below is Ms Razzini, looking suitably attired for  a hot Forecast, with the salient parts of her Forecast:

As we are aware, not a great start. But what's this blue stuff and some good cheer for the Brontophiles, amongst you.

20220812_074030.thumb.jpg.afe3b11c18c491fc7d9e44da8788e6c0.jpg 20220812_074414.thumb.jpg.8c018ec2ac0ed348f1fa536b4055fe8f.jpg

The electrified blue stuff, becoming a bit more widespread on Wednesday. But she's not sure how extensive, it will be?

20220812_074537.thumb.jpg.ae4af9bb6d2a69a302a39be37b6f754f.jpg 20220812_074812.thumb.jpg.eec7ea1dba5fde93f3aee96404ce3c1e.jpg

That a girl Lizzie, now you're talking:

724614435_20220812_074254(1).thumb.jpg.c087e65a677f9af8d6ebf0dc33396548.jpg

Meanwhile, this is Dame Laura of Northampton's take on the next Week or so:

I'll begin with Dame Laura's prospects, for the North:

20220812_070552.thumb.jpg.269b6397793c55beca56809ddd978ef3.jpg 20220812_070833.thumb.jpg.d38dde6a224f56bea759391da1b1467f.jpg

Now Ms Tobin's extended outlook, for the South:

20220812_070908.thumb.jpg.98141520edb153b80d731fd149724351.jpg 20220812_071523.thumb.jpg.4cf5f837a18d20fb117ad349cfbd20f9.jpg

After the Lizzie and Laura show, it's looking good for us Heat Haters to finally rid ourselves, of this disgusting Weather!! 

Just want to make a reference to the very worrying situation, that Dami and her Family, were faced with Yesterday Evening.

Without giving mine and my Wife's exact address away, below is a Google Map image of the area close to where we live:

20220812_081102.thumb.jpg.fbfd0018bd3786cb687c11efe9207f9c.jpg

Less than half a Mile to our E.S.E., is Horn Park.

It is a large open space of long grass [now tinder dry], and woodland.

Myself and my Wife, were taking some pleasant walks for exercise around there, a couple of Weeks ago. But when those wildfires started to break out across Greater London recently, I said to my Wife that it would be prudent to give this are a miss, until we see some appreciable rain.

As Dami pointed last night, she suspected her local fire may have been started deliberately.

And it wouldn't surprise me if one of our local egits, thought it would be fun to do a similar thing, as they have plenty of time on their hands, being on holiday, from School. Rather worryingly, we are directly downwind of that vast area of tinder dry landscape, with the forecast wind expected to be roughly from the E.S.E., over the Weekend:

image.thumb.png.53419271dc1ac878d72d7645340c3b07.png

Hopefully we can bestow a Damehood on Signora Rizzini, to join Dame Laura of Northampton, and become Dame Elizabeth of Croydon, as long as that expected breakdown finally occurs, in this atrocious Weather we set to face in the coming few Days.

Then we can all finally, breathe a sigh of relief.

Make it so, Ladies.

Stay cool, hydrated and above all safe, fellow Heat Haters.

Regards,

Tom Q 👍 😓 🙏

Edited by Tom Quintavalle
  • Like 5

Posted

I am not glorifying the fire at all, but here's one of the many pics people took :

If hating extreme heat could be summed up in one pic i think it could be this.

bedford fire.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty
3 minutes ago, Dami said:

I am not glorifying the fire at all, but here's one of the many pics people took :

bedford fire.jpg

Problem is they take hold so very very quickly when everywhere is so parched.  Could smell burning again this morning when I went out into the garden.  It was like burning rubber though so I assume it was related to an industrial source.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

Morning o’fellow heat haters. 🥵👋🏻

Hopefully a glimmer of hope on the horizon during this miserable summer, the U.K. Meto has just issued a thunderstorm warning for Monday! 🌩⛈🙏🏻🥳

Obviously it’s too early to predict with accuracy, but it at least gives me a glimmer of hope that this miserable summer weather will eventually break. 🌩⛈🙏🏻

8F6B7E05-E26E-40A5-903D-CE7785574201.png

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Snowycat said:

Problem is they take hold so very very quickly when everywhere is so parched.  Could smell burning again this morning when I went out into the garden.  It was like burning rubber though so I assume it was related to an industrial source.

I actually thought once i could smell the smoke it was a BBQ as our neighbours have them all year round.  It would be quite easy to dismiss it as one too, and i'm glad people saw and took action.  

3 minutes ago, Dangerous55019 said:

Morning o’fellow heat haters. 🥵👋🏻

Hopefully a glimmer of hope on the horizon during this miserable summer, the U.K. Meto has just issued a thunderstorm warning for Monday! 🌩⛈🙏🏻🥳

Obviously it’s too early to predict with accuracy, but it at least gives me a glimmer of hope that this miserable summer weather will eventually break. 🌩⛈🙏🏻

8F6B7E05-E26E-40A5-903D-CE7785574201.png

I'm just in it but hoorah *does rain dance*

• Like 2

Posted

I'm glad this thread was made during possibly one of the worst summers I've endured. Just constant heat and lack of rain..I feel for the people down south cause it's been much worse. It's already been a very warm year and this heatwave isn't making things better. Now I hope we get a cool Autumn, don't wanna feel heat again until next spring. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
15 minutes ago, Dami said:

bedford fire.jpg

Glad you're okay. Day off work today fixed the window the burglar broke and gave up gardening before ten as the sun was feeling really hot then.

Poor nights sleep not because it was hot but went to the loo as I returned to bed there was loud strange noise so i thought someone was trying to break in again but this time trying to get upstairs and had fallen knocking something over. Stuck my head outside the window couldn't see anything this bloke walked up the road swearing clearly had hurt themselves as well. Check outside nothing but couldn't get to back to sleep. Later on more noise but this sounded more like large skips being emptied by home base or possible early loading at building site near by.  Anyway a bit later the lorries drove past while I dosed.

Turns out the noise was someone hitting a parked car down the road from us  and pushing it into the car in front I guess 2nd noise was the was the recovery truck as the road would have been blocked. The car that was hit was new and is a total write off. Feel sorry the guy who owns it as they honest folks. Once found my phone and kept it safe.

Anyway knackered from lack of sleep and now melting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Glad you're okay. Day off work today fixed the window the burglar broke and gave up gardening before ten as the sun was feeling really hot then.

Poor nights sleep not because it was hot but went to the loo as I returned to bed there was loud strange noise so i thought someone was trying to break in again but this time trying to get upstairs and had fallen knocking something over. Stuck my head outside the window couldn't see anything this bloke walked up the road swearing clearly had hurt themselves as well. Check outside nothing but couldn't get to back to sleep. Later on more noise but this sounded more like large skips being emptied by home base or possible early loading at building site near by.  Anyway a bit later the lorries drove past while I dosed.

Turns out the noise was someone hitting a parked car down the road from us  and pushing it into the car in front I guess 2nd noise was the was the recovery truck as the road would have been blocked. The car that was hit was new and is a total write off. Feel sorry the guy who owns it as they honest folks. Once found my phone and kept it safe.

Anyway knackered from lack of sleep and now melting.

Thank you 🙂  Hope you have a better night tonight!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety
15 hours ago, Dami said:

Oh my ffing god.

Fortunately my part of SE England hasn't caught fire yet but I imagine it must be terrifying to have a wildfire approaching you, not knowing if it is going to reach your house.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

I have to say that normally I enjoy working from home but the duration of this heatwave and lack of meaningful wind is making this hard to bear.

• Like 1

Posted

Theres an east wind during this heatwave..

Temperatures are not rising overly high here yet...

27c

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
2 hours ago, summer blizzard said:

I have to say that normally I enjoy working from home but the duration of this heatwave and lack of meaningful wind is making this hard to bear.

This is what's doing it for me. Hot temps with a coastal breeze I can do, hot temps with no breeze, or a hot breeze making it worse, no thank you. And that has been this summer. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, legion_quest said:

This is what's doing it for me. Hot temps with a coastal breeze I can do, hot temps with no breeze, or a hot breeze making it worse, no thank you. And that has been this summer. 

Indeed LQ: at 26C, and so long as the RH is at a reasonable level, then a breeze is most welcome; but, at 36C, any kind of breeze is a kick in the goolies!

• Like 2

I understand people have different weather preferences but I must say how nice it is to have a prolonged summer, and a very rare nice August. 

I will also say this….people will be crying for this weather come the winter when they’re using all their salaries to pay for gas….just saying 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
5 hours ago, Tom Quintavalle said:

Morning all, fellow heat haters and especially to Dami.

So pleased to hear that you're all ok. Colette asked me to pass her best wishes on to yourself, and your Family.

So, here we are then on the first Day, of those truly horrendous temperatures.

Just want to post up a few screenshots of what may be in store for us, over the coming few Days.

Signora Razzini was on duty Yesterday Evening for MeteoGroup's, "Weather for the Week Ahead".

Below is Ms Razzini, looking suitably attired for  a hot Forecast, with the salient parts of her Forecast:

As we are aware, not a great start. But what's this blue stuff and some good cheer for the Brontophiles, amongst you.

20220812_074030.thumb.jpg.afe3b11c18c491fc7d9e44da8788e6c0.jpg 20220812_074414.thumb.jpg.8c018ec2ac0ed348f1fa536b4055fe8f.jpg

The electrified blue stuff, becoming a bit more widespread on Wednesday. But she's not sure how extensive, it will be?

20220812_074537.thumb.jpg.ae4af9bb6d2a69a302a39be37b6f754f.jpg 20220812_074812.thumb.jpg.eec7ea1dba5fde93f3aee96404ce3c1e.jpg

That a girl Lizzie, now you're talking:

724614435_20220812_074254(1).thumb.jpg.c087e65a677f9af8d6ebf0dc33396548.jpg

Meanwhile, this is Dame Laura of Northampton's take on the next Week or so:

I'll begin with Dame Laura's prospects, for the North:

20220812_070552.thumb.jpg.269b6397793c55beca56809ddd978ef3.jpg 20220812_070833.thumb.jpg.d38dde6a224f56bea759391da1b1467f.jpg

Now Ms Tobin's extended outlook, for the South:

20220812_070908.thumb.jpg.98141520edb153b80d731fd149724351.jpg 20220812_071523.thumb.jpg.4cf5f837a18d20fb117ad349cfbd20f9.jpg

After the Lizzie and Laura show, it's looking good for us Heat Haters to finally rid ourselves, of this disgusting Weather!! 

Just want to make a reference to the very worrying situation, that Dami and her Family, were faced with Yesterday Evening.

Without giving mine and my Wife's exact address away, below is a Google Map image of the area close to where we live:

20220812_081102.thumb.jpg.fbfd0018bd3786cb687c11efe9207f9c.jpg

Less than half a Mile to our E.S.E., is Horn Park.

It is a large open space of long grass [now tinder dry], and woodland.

Myself and my Wife, were taking some pleasant walks for exercise around there, a couple of Weeks ago. But when those wildfires started to break out across Greater London recently, I said to my Wife that it would be prudent to give this are a miss, until we see some appreciable rain.

As Dami pointed last night, she suspected her local fire may have been started deliberately.

And it wouldn't surprise me if one of our local egits, thought it would be fun to do a similar thing, as they have plenty of time on their hands, being on holiday, from School. Rather worryingly, we are directly downwind of that vast area of tinder dry landscape, with the forecast wind expected to be roughly from the E.S.E., over the Weekend:

image.thumb.png.53419271dc1ac878d72d7645340c3b07.png

Hopefully we can bestow a Damehood on Signora Rizzini, to join Dame Laura of Northampton, and become Dame Elizabeth of Croydon, as long as that expected breakdown finally occurs, in this atrocious Weather we set to face in the coming few Days.

Then we can all finally, breathe a sigh of relief.

Make it so, Ladies.

Stay cool, hydrated and above all safe, fellow Heat Haters.

Regards,

Tom Q 👍 😓 🙏

Maybe if some of these brain dead imbeciles were banged up for 12 years minimum for committing Criminal Damage With Intent to Endanger Life, others may have second thoughts. 

I'll not be holding my breath though, doubtless  some bleeding heart would crawl out of the woodwork and start making excuses for them in court, and elsewhere. 

• Like 8