Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The heat haters club 2022

Dami
Message added by Paul,

This thread is for those who don't enjoy the heat to discuss that and offer support to each other through the summer months. If you don't feel similarly and don't have any empathy for those who do, please don't post in here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
14 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

I've eaten my own body weight in ice cream over these past few days. If it doesn't cool down soon i will end up with an ice cream addiction and will need to be pushed around in a wheelbarrow  due to being 20 stone.

I'm growing a beachball!

• Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

I think it's heat that's getting to me more than anything, Beka; but there is something else too:

I've been reading another science book: Entangled Life: How fungi make our worlds, change our minds, and shape our futures, By Merlin Sheldrake. Plants & trees (of entirely different species) have been shown to exchange nutrients via the complex underground mycelial network!

Geek? Me?:drunk-emoji:

Brilliant book - it's not geeky to be bowled over by the natural world and its wonders.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
30 minutes ago, Inga Horwood said:

Brilliant book - it's not geeky to be bowled over by the natural world and its wonders.

Thank You, Inga: I'll be 66 in January, but Nature has never failed to amaze me! And, to answer @Dami's question with another: Why the heck are we so hell-bent on wiping Nature out, then?😫

So, yes, I am a 'heat hater': a hater of man-made heat!

Edited by Ed Stone
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold!

Hi, fellow heat haters! Hope I can join in? Was going to comment before, but it's far too hot!

Looking forward to rain, storms and cooler weather!

• Like 9

Posted
8 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Last two days at work have been like working in hell! Old house, now care home, that heats up but doesn’t cool down and old sash windows that only open two inch, fans are just moving hot air around and to top it off, shower rooms are like saunas. Feel extremely sick and dizzy, constantly chugging down water that doesn’t help to feel any better. Day off tomorrow and the I really hope this heat will have boogered off. Winter can’t come soon enough.

Hi Blazerblue, that sounds like my home. Except I'm in the attic.

Take care. Hope you feel better soon. xx

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

I'll I tell you about someone else who don't like this heat, my resident hedgehogs lol, despite being in full shade one of them leaves his  house & goes under a bushy shrub to cool off, can't be nice in a wooden hog house with temps of 33c! Can't wait for temps in the low 20s to arrive from Wednesday onwards. 

• Like 7

Posted

I'm wondering who likes this heat who is stuck in a flat, without a garden? Bet there's not many of us?

I worked outside for years. We all preferred the cold to hot weather. Even when it snowed!

Really struggling in the heat. Hopefully it'll be over soon. Take care everyone. x Soon be time to go blackberrying!

• Like 9

Posted
36 minutes ago, WantSnow said:

Hi, fellow heat haters! Hope I can join in? Was going to comment before, but it's far too hot!

Looking forward to rain, storms and cooler weather!

Welcome aboard!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, mathematician said:

Welcome aboard!

Thanks for the welcome! Although, I'm really tetchy with the heat and might come across as sarcastic! But thanks!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Can’t wait for it end to be honest. Feels worse than 4 weeks ago as, though not quite has hot, feels like it’s gone on longer. Really takes it out of you day after day. Thoroughly miserable for our cockapoo as well.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Enough now! hot and sunny all day with a trough over us! vile day today, got hopes that tomorrow will only be 26

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Only one more day of warm weather to go. I will never again complain when it's 20c.

Edited by simshady
  • Like 8

Posted

Really suffering now , headaches , dizzy and desperately wanting to feel cool and comfortable

I HATE this heat ,     and to make things worse my buyers have pulled out of house sale ,  so I cant proceed to buy the house i want to move to , on which I had an offer accepted ,  the seller will probably go with someone alse now ,   although i do hope he may wiiat untiil i find another buyer ,  but not hopeful 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 minutes ago, simshady said:

Only one more day of warm weather to go. I will never again complain when it's 20c.

1 more! hoping today was last! today been the worst, very like 19th July and sunny, just won't cloud over

still only expecting temporary relief as 35 degree filth I still think will arrive around 25th

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Still 32.2C and the house is 29c but for some reason much more humid inside, which feels horrendous. My poor cats aren't coping well bless them. I'll be off to work soon for 7pm until 10am tomorrow in my care service, not looking forward to a night there. Roll on tomorrow and the 23c it's suppose to be here!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

On Monday in South Ockendon there's a 58% chance of scattered showers at 2pm, but by Tuesday it increases 65% and it increases dramatically by Tuesday by 92% and I hope that the percentage of precipitation will increase and that everyone gets the rain that they need.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Well, chaps and chapesses, I've had enough! Enough of Betty Swollocks; it's windies wide-open and sleep!

• Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, IanR said:

looks like we could go back into the oven next week  😩 , damn  

Do one more heatwave, weather gods and you get this from me-It's September 1st and Autumn in 2 and a half weeks for goodness sake! This weather we've had all year cannot and must not go on.

Over my dead body.gif

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
2 minutes ago, Weather26 said:

Do one more heatwave, weather gods and you get this from me-It's September 1st and Autumn in 2 and a half weeks for goodness sake! This weather we've had all year cannot and must not go on.

Over my dead body.gif

The weather will do what it wants, have you not worked this out yet? 🙄 Make peace with it and roll with it! There is nothing you or i can do about it! 😉

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Anyone no any magic spells, heat be gone, it does amazing things to my digestive system, and I need no help at all in that department. I genuinely hope that the heat that's showing for next week, is swiftly removed. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Easy solution, up sticks and move to Scotland, Orkney, the Great Dun fell, The Hebrides or Shetland. Not much heat in those places at most times of the year! 

• Like 2