Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The heat haters club 2022

Dami
Message added by Paul,

This thread is for those who don't enjoy the heat to discuss that and offer support to each other through the summer months. If you don't feel similarly and don't have any empathy for those who do, please don't post in here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty

A little fresher but still no meaningful rain.  Rain and storms all around it seems but none here. So hope the next much anticipated pulse of heat falls flat on its face.  Fed up of dry hot weather, then more dry hot weather and then the suggestion of more dry hot weather.  Devastating really for the environment.    

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

It began to rain approximately 10:30am and although the rain was very fine, it was very welcome.  I loved going into the back garden and let the rain fall on my face. It is 11:43 and the rain is getting heavier.  The path looks very wet as it has not been this wet since June.  I feel like singing in the rain and celebrating with a merry dance in the garden.🌧️🧑‍🎤💃

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
1 hour ago, Katrine Basso said:

It began to rain approximately 10:30am and although the rain was very fine, it was very welcome.  I loved going into the back garden and let the rain fall on my face. It is 11:43 and the rain is getting heavier.  The path looks very wet as it has not been this wet since June.  I feel like singing in the rain and celebrating with a merry dance in the garden.🌧️🧑‍🎤💃

Afternoon,

President Dami, and all fellow Heat Haters.

And Buon Pomeriggio, to Signora Basso.

Feel I want to run around, like this chap:

RAIN, RAIN, RAIN, is rain President Dami, is rain. 

LLUVIA, PIOGGIA, is RAIN President Dami,

So, where are we at now with the Forecast breakdown, of this vile Weather?

More manic ramblings from Yours Truly, in a short while.

Regards,

Tom Q.  👍 😓

Edited by Tom Quintavalle
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

The rain became heavier from 12 noon to 1pm which was a truly blessing.  I am unable to take photos as my android phone's battery is low.

• Like 1

Posted

Afternoon all again,

Although I was busy elsewhere on the Furum, I did keep an eye on things from afar.

Crikey, it got a bit feisty in here Yesterday Afternoon, didn't it?

Not wishing to throw fuel on that extinguished blaze but this Thread, does pretty much does, "what it says on tin".

It's a Heat Haters Thread, and if a Member comes in here attempting to extol the very doubtful virtues of the horrendous heat that we have had to endure, during July and the first part of August, they are likely to receive unwelcome comments?

Moving on, swiftly. Below, is a map of recent observations, around the Country:

image.thumb.png.8291cc4170df0842b1ac03ef8e8d71cb.png 

As was expected, what we've lost in degrees C, we've gained in humidity. Lots of Relative Humidity in the 80's and even 90's %.

I'm sure we'd all agree that to get shot of this vile Weather, it's a case of "No pain, no gain".

Right, I'll begin this round up of this Morning's offerings, with a couple of Forecasters who arrived late at the Party, and in no way can claim to have brought about the change in the Weather, themselves.

Finally a bloke turned up this Morning, by the name of Mr Alex Beresford of Bristol. Where have you been Alex, whilst letting Dame Laura of Northampton, was doing all the "dirty work"?

Poor Dame Laura has had to take three Days off, to recover from the heat and exhaustion, those "game changing" Forecasts have exacted, on her Body.

I'm not going to highlight too much of your Forecast this Morning but will just show your thoughts on the way forward, for both the North and the South, of the U.K.

20220816_070605.thumb.jpg.e18bfb4d4cdd588acefe3eb2ca123c9d.jpg 20220816_071009.thumb.jpg.1686ad3a816950ebec1f706ee6fb4ec9.jpg

Careful Alex, you're standing a bit close to those Southern lightning bolts!! It's a bit late in the Day, for closing the Stable Door after the Horse has bolted. Quite rightly, Dame Laura took the honours available, where your ITV slot is concerned.

20220816_071126.thumb.jpg.156ea6f0ef7279db1425fcf4bef9b955.jpg  20220816_071510.thumb.jpg.52337c70dc0a3e3e76dead0267948b62.jpg

One thing I will give Mr Beresford credit for, he did give a detailed explanation of what that smell is, that you get after a lengthy dry/hot spell. Evidently it's called Petrichor, below is a link to an explanation of the phenomenon:

Petrichor - Met Office

And now a certain Ms Carol "humdingers" Kirkwood of Morar [Inverness].

Where have you been, Carol? You've been letting Dame Helen of Chester and Signora Elizabeth "Lizzie" Rizzini of Croydon, do all ,the spade in shifting this disgusting Weather clear of our Shores.

BTW, although Lizzie's hand gestures are very Italian like, she is no longer married to Mr. Rizzini but the partner of BBC Journalist, Frank Gardiner.

Anyway, below are some examples of this Morning's offerings, from Ms Kirkwood:

Yes, that looks pretty accurate, Carol. 

20220816_080045.thumb.jpg.eab733854d83d4ef7917baf4d4babe41.jpg 20220816_080304.thumb.jpg.cda67a5afd225fd5a2e05d62fb23da9f.jpg

Blimey Carol, are we keeping you up? Havn't you only just, come on shift? 

And then, the Liz Truss pout makes, a reappearance.

20220816_080456.thumb.jpg.fe49c8e787a613c7211b792bf0b7590b.jpg  20220816_080210.thumb.jpg.cc3dbabdac45cf143713e29570b9208c.jpg

Carol looks ready to lay on egg, regarding some thundery Weather Tomorrow, down in the Sarrf East.

But then wishes she could be up in Lerwick, in time for Thursday's Weather.

20220816_080422.thumb.jpg.b13418cc769b3e3afbbeaf4124a87142.jpg 20220816_080538.thumb.jpg.79b0235407b1e2300cbdd29956d4c001.jpg

Then Ms Kirkwood is pleased to announce the arrival of a Cold Front on Friday, to finally sweep all of this muck, out of the way.

And ultimately, Carol goes "blue blob" mad on Sunday. If it happens just like that, and as long as there is no electrical activity with it, I might be tempted to "do a Katrine", with some singing in the Rain.

20220816_080617.thumb.jpg.9276b904ef570bcb378a353a2b133c04.jpg 20220816_080653.thumb.jpg.f36ae0f8afa2391abe9383673a51f2ff.jpg

Below, is how to confuse a Weather enthusiast.

I consider my home Postcode of SE12 to be in the South but evidently I will be experiencing light Rain Showers and a gentle breeze  but also heavy Thundery Showers. Sort it out BBC, what's it to be?

20220816_075949.thumb.jpg.512fccd355c5550dd9ee4dd0f3c1b6d9.jpg

Right, I will now try and be serious for a couple of minutes, which is pretty damn difficult, for Yours Truly.

Although some have had some electrical activity with their Rain, I'm genuinely surprised how little Lightning/Thunder there has been so far, with the Ppn. As I've stated before, I'm Brontophobic by nature, and it must be terribly frustrating for you Brontophiles out there, to have suffered in this heat, and not see/hear any Lightning/Thunder at the end of it.

It's how I used to feel when we experienced bitter cold but had no Snow, to show for it.

I think I've turned my Wife into a budding Amateur Meteorologist!! Colette just appeared and started quoting the Relative Humidity in % terms, of various locations nearby and she also called the feel of the Weather here as, "gloopy". It's only taken me 23 Years to achieve this. But as Colette just said, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em". Perhaps I should quote my Wife's thoughts, on the rest of this Week's Weather? 

Actually, I was pleasantly surprised how we both managed to get a reasonably comfortable sleep, last Night.

Although I do admit, we still needed all of the Fan Family, operating. Dad and Mum [Fabrizio Fan/Petunia the Pedestal Fan], worked brilliantly with newly born Daughter [Tulip the Turbo Fan}, again as in the same configuration, as below:

image.png.f5c470ac858e1f9f9cc7f23e9dcc2d2c.png

It felt comfortable enough to keep the door closed to our "Hamster's Cage", and go without the cooler air out on the landing, coming through the open window, of Jane's [SIDSNAKE], spare Bedroom and permeate our "Hamster's Cage".

You may wonder how we can possibly sleep with the whirring all Night, of the three strong Fan Family.

Colette and myself have been so drained by the build up of heat, over the past few Weeks, that dropping off to sleep, comes pretty easily to us. Plus the added bonus for Brontophobic me, is that the sound of three Fans whirring away, will likely drown out any Thunder about, so long as it's not "shotgun" Thunder, as a result of CG bolts close by.  

And if President Dami reads this, Colette's lovely Summery meals keep coming.

Last night we had, sliced Chicken Tikka Thigh meat, with new Potatoes and Coleslaw.

For Today's Lunch, a little tinned Salmon/light Philli Cheese spread with a little onion, and Tonight's offering will be chargrilled Chicken slices, again with new Potatoes and Coleslaw. 

And Colette takes the trouble to Calorie count all these meals, and they are carefully costed in respect of our meagre household income.

Right, back to "Heat Hating" before I stray to far Off Topic, and still the small amounts of rain falling and lack of electrical activity, I find really surprising.  

Finally, even if those "Heat Lovers" on the opposite side [MAD Thread] of the Netweather House, are still clamouring for a third Heatwave, by the end of this Month. Christ, havn't they had enough now?

Never fear President Dami and fellow "Heat Haters", 'ole Father Time is now on our side!!

It seemed just a few Days ago that Dawn was stating to  burst through our Bedroom window just after 3 A.M.

This Morning it took to after 5 A.M. The game is nearly up for the "Heat Lovers", for at least another 10 Months.

In two Weeks time, it will be the start of Meteorological Autumn.

Don't want to be a "Party Pooper" but I hope we get a St Swithins style Rain Fest, for the next Month.

On that pleasant thought for us "Heat Haters", and a sobering one for "Heat Lovers", I'll bid you all farewell.

Just want to reiterate, no harm was meant to the reputation of any Female/Male Weather Forecaster, in the making of this post.

Regards,

Tom. 👍 😓 

Edited by Tom Quintavalle
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

looking pretty toasty here for the next 2 weeks...hot and dry 28-32c throughout...after a cool miserable start to summer..it turned warmer and drier after the first week in July and has tended to get hotter as the last 2 weeks have gone by..not had a day below 25c in the last 2 weeks and none in the forecast for the next 2 weeks..good job i have a fully airconditioned home 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

perfect day for me, spent a few hours watching a storm build just to my north and south then go from nothing to thunder every minute or so. Very happy and it went down to 20c aswell. In fact once the storm hit is felt quite cold.

ah to more days like this one!

Edited by Dami
  • Like 5

Posted

Beautiful weather we’ve had this evening and tonight. Once the rain arrived, the air cooled significantly, shunting away the hot and humid conditions. It’s stopped raining now and it is nice and cool at night. 

No idea how people prefer hot/heatwave conditions over this… 

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty

So much better this morning.   A lovely cool 20.5c in my garden room.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Love the fresh air. It's even rained overnight. 🙂

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

so much better now, slept well for a change!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms!

My garden said thank you for the rain, it was looking pretty dry the other day! 

20220816_171322.jpg

• Like 2

Posted

Humid, sticky and airless down here. Looks to be set in for the rest of the week like this until some wind blows up over the weekend. 

Then the heat is back again next week and through the end of the month seemingly, again down here at least. 

I'm getting to the Trumpian point where I want to nuke the weather in the hope it might change something. Nuclear winter sounds pretty good to me right now.... 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

Glad to see back of the hot humid conditions, much cooler today and we've had some welcome rain overnight. 

As we now head towards end of month we'll hopefully won't see a return to any extreme heat, just a few days of warm sunny weather.

• Like 2

Posted

The met office has both a yellow and amber warnings for thunderstorms for Thurrock between 2pm and 5pm.  The clouds are thickening which I have not seen since June of this year.  My flat which has always been known to be cold most of the year, is a horrible 26C and the outside temperature is 21C.  Earlier on in the late morning, I saw what looked an anvil shaped cloud.  It is hard to identify the clouds as they are emerging with each other.  I eagerly waiting for some rain and perhaps even a thunderstorm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Nothing extreme.

Lovely cool, fresh, breezy and cloudy day today.  I wonder how long it'll last though.

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

It's still humid in London😭

Humid here as well but don't cry, look at all that "virtual" money you've won off of me, this Afternoon.

You'll be able to buy a really nice "virtual" Air Con unit, now!!

Regards,

Tom Q 👍 😓

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Sadly the rain nor the thunderstorm did not make appearance when the amber warning for a thunderstorm was rescinded by 4pm. 😞

Edited by Katrine Basso
changed text

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Well looking at the out look for next week this Summer is very much like having Haemorrhoids,  just when you think its settled down and your living life so much better and feeling comfortable it flares up again and is a pain in the ****. Could be pushing the mid to high 20's again, sick to the back teeth with this now. By far one of the worst summers for decades.

Edited by Paul
Stop attacking others, it's unneeded.
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

The warm weather along with having windows open, has certainly allowed a lot of spiders to get in. Not a big deal generally (they deal with insects) but I've found myself walking into cobwebs in various rooms, which seem to have been built in seconds flat. Usually I can't see it and then I walk into it, yuck. Loads of massive cobwebs outside too!

Posted
1 hour ago, markyo said:

Well looking at the out look for next week this Summer is very much like having Haemorrhoids,  just when you think its settled down and your living life so much better and feeling comfortable it flares up again and is a pain in the ****. Could be pushing the mid to high 20's again, sick to the back teeth with this now. By far one of the worst summers for decades.

Not only that its the lack of storms (apart from the usual areas) thats taking the .......    Lots of heat , but not really widespread storms to go with it 

• Like 4

Posted
13 hours ago, IanR said:

Not only that its the lack of storms (apart from the usual areas) thats taking the .......    Lots of heat , but not really widespread storms to go with it 

Well, not in Wigan.  Further south it's another story (another horror story, from my point of view).