Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The heat haters club 2022

Dami
Message added by Paul,

This thread is for those who don't enjoy the heat to discuss that and offer support to each other through the summer months. If you don't feel similarly and don't have any empathy for those who do, please don't post in here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
11 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

I do understand it. I’ve been looking after my grandparents and offering them every bit of support I have in dealing with this weather. It isn’t everyone’s cup of tea I know, and it’s been too hot even for me when we had 37-40c. However, I’m being careful what I wish for, and highlighting how remarkable this summer has been. 

When I'm reading stuff, I can usually discern a wry comment from a jibe; so, I think one or two of you might be taking peeps' words somewhat differently to how they were intended?:drunk-emoji:

Anyway, both Northolt and RAF Mildenhall reached 32C by 11am! Methinks the heat is to blame for any fractiousness?💦

Edited by Ed Stone
And for my penchant for leaving words out!
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty
5 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

When I'm reading stuff, I can usually discern a wry comment from a jibe; so, I think one or two of you might be taking peeps' words somewhat differently to how they were intended?:drunk-emoji:

Anyway, both Northolt and RAF Mildenhall reached 32C by 11am! Methinks the heat is to blame any fractiousness?💦

It is certainly beginning to drag my mood down I have to say and I am having to work hard to keep my temper in check.  Everything is twice as hard and tiring in this heat.  I’m exhausted and now getting worried with it all.  Its the lack of rain that’s really irritating me.  2020 had some horrid hot spells but we did get storms and plenty of rain to dampen everything down.

Edited by Snowycat
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

For me, and for many others, it’s very uplifting and fantastic weather, given how we are just recovering from the pandemic and many whom have been stuck in and afraid to venture out. A good dosage of vitamin D and a refreshing walk along the coast (where there has often been a cooling sea breeze) is good for everyone. There’s many positives to take from this summer. I get it that at times, it has been too much. But I’m surprised at how so many are seemingly wishing the nice warm weather away! It won’t be long until the cold returns, and of course having to switch the heating on with the added dread of the rates at which we will be charged at. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
9 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Anyway, both Northolt and RAF Mildenhall reached 32C by 11am! Methinks the heat is to blame for any fractiousness?💦

I stopped at 'enjoy it' tbh.

• Like 5

Posted
2 minutes ago, Dami said:

nice is 23c. 30c for days isn't.

I grew up in the south, a 70's child and 27c was the hottest we had and was followed by a nice thunderstorm. I don't think many would 'wish' away nice weather, we would just prefer it a touch cooler. 

Well, there should be an abundant supply of magic mushrooms, once the rain comes. Apparently (and after some quite good research) psylocibin can eradicate the symptoms of depression for up to a year!😊

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, Ed Stone said:

Well, there should be an abundant supply of magic mushrooms, once the rain comes. Apparently (and after some quite good research) psylocibin can eradicate the symptoms of depression for up to a year!😊

I'll be happy with a Top Deck Shandy and a Midnight mint choc ice.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty
8 minutes ago, djp said:

I generally like hot weather, however this has just been a little relentless even for me,  especially at night where I just cant cool the house ( upstairs anyway)...so I really want to see the back of this ( as do my cats)....the likelihood of getting any storms round here is virtually zero, but several days of cool and wet weather would be bliss...and to top all this off the fridge freezer packed up yesterday!

Oh no, what a nightmare for you, they are having to work overtime in this heat.  Can any of your neighbours help out with taking your freezer stuff?  My cats are fed up too.  I have 5 of my own, 3 with health conditions and 2 charity fosters in the garden cat pen, which I am trying to keep as cool as I can - not easy. 

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, Snowycat said:

Oh no, what a nightmare for you, they are having to work overtime in this heat.  Can any of your neighbours help out with taking your freezer stuff?  My cats are fed up too.  I have 5 of my own, 3 with health conditions and 2 charity fosters in the garden cat pen, which I am trying to keep as cool as I can - not easy. 

There was some swearing yesterday at about 11pm when I worked what had happened...the stuff in the freezer wont be useable now, so will go. The stuff in the fridge, is now in an ice box covered in ice cubes, so will be fine for a day or so. I'd noticed it was working hard the other day. The cats were decidely grumpy earlier but seemed to have chilled now

• Like 3

Posted
5 hours ago, Dami said:

Agreed! They are a joy to read.  🙂

Rough night again. Just as i was dropping off, around 11:30 someone started a firework display. Surely they should be banned until things improve? Our room is still 24c, Gah. I really hope Monday and Tuesday deliver the goods! 

24c sounds amazing!! Our bedroom is 30c day and night! Might get down to 26 by dawn ...

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Each to their own, but we have finally got the summer that many have been craving for years. 40c breached and endless gin blue skies. It’s been absolutely remarkable. 40c was simply too much to bear as I knew it would be if ever we did experience it, which we now have! But this weather now is what many Augusts have been missing for many years. It’s like the old proper Augusts we used to experience regularly. Many have been utterly dross. I’d rather have this, than endless rain, flooding and drab wasteful summer weather. Fires are a devastating consequence of this prolonged weather as we all know, but there’s been many more homes ruined and destroyed by unprecedented flooding over the decades. Enjoy this weather whilst we still have it.  

I'm a sunworshipper as they call em in here. But I have saved my total love of the weather for the summer thread rather than coming in here and peeing people off deliberately. Hand on heart I've loved this summer. We never get weather like this and as a total stick insect with no fat on me it's been lovely to not have to wear a  jumper or feel cold all the time! But I haven't come in here and caused a fight over it. Go post this in the summer thread where it belongs. I know this group is extremely cliche but hell it's stopped all the big fights on the main thread and the place has become nicer for it.

I'm dipping out this thread now. It's 32c here which is just about ok for me. The house is still ridiculously hot but it will start to cool down as the week goes on as mid 20's - 30c is my sweet spot in temps so I won't belong here any more. Thank you for welcoming me heat haters. I will return when extreme heat returns! Hopefully not until next year now! I'll be happier in the high 20's! Big hugs to all x Hope you don't mind me posting in here as a heat lover over all!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Your a naughty naughty boy!!

I think it's heat that's getting to me more than anything, Beka; but there is something else too:

I've been reading another science book: Entangled Life: How fungi make our worlds, change our minds, and shape our futures, By Merlin Sheldrake. Plants & trees (of entirely different species) have been shown to exchange nutrients via the complex underground mycelial network!

Geek? Me?:drunk-emoji:

• Like 5

Posted
1 minute ago, Ed Stone said:

I think it's heat that's getting to me more than anything, Beka; but there is something else too:

I've been reading another science book: Entangled Life: How fungi make our worlds, change our minds, and shape our futures, By Merlin Sheldrake. Plants & trees (of entirely different species) have been shown to exchange nutrients via the complex underground mycelial network!

Geek? Me?:drunk-emoji:

not much use if the plants and fungi are dying because it's so hot and dry though.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
1 hour ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

For me, and for many others, it’s very uplifting and fantastic weather, given how we are just recovering from the pandemic and many whom have been stuck in and afraid to venture out. A good dosage of vitamin D and a refreshing walk along the coast (where there has often been a cooling sea breeze) is good for everyone. There’s many positives to take from this summer. I get it that at times, it has been too much. But I’m surprised at how so many are seemingly wishing the nice warm weather away! It won’t be long until the cold returns, and of course having to switch the heating on with the added dread of the rates at which we will be charged at. 

It isn't just "nice warm weather" though is it? A nice sunny day at 25 Celsius is nice and warm and far more useable and less draining. 

As for the cold weather returning, there are many other ways you can warm up without resorting to putting the heating on. But in this weather, it is such a struggle to cool down.

• Like 5

Posted
1 minute ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Now i'm even more confused ... What's trees got to do with boobies LOLOL

Now that IS a question!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

I can only think that those people enjoying this don’t have to lumber themselves around in it? When you’ve got to walk 30 minutes in it to get to work etc and generally get errands done, the novelty soon wears off.

• Like 7

Posted
Just now, Ed Stone said:

Now that IS a question!

The closest I can get is "leaf 'em alone" but that's pretty weak ...

• Like 1

Posted

So much it being the last day. Met office still have 30c for Monday in Northamptonshire

• Like 4

Posted
Just now, *Stormforce~beka* said:

The closest I can get is "leaf 'em alone" but that's pretty weak ...

Ah, so that was why whenever I cracked that particular joke, my daughter's face would go puce!🥵

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Rammie said:

So much it being the last day. Met office still have 30c for Monday in Northamptonshire

yeah I got 30c too 😞 But another day of being under a yellow for storms so i guess silver lining? 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Nothing extreme.
1 minute ago, Rammie said:

25 celsius in my neck of the woods tomorrow.  Not "cool" but much more tolerable at least.

• Like 2

Posted

I've not gone through and removed every related post, because there are so many. But, can we get back on topic please, and if everyone can report posts which they think are off topic/out of line rather than responding to them, that would be a great help. 

• Like 2

Posted

26c For Sheffield tomorrow so a lot better for us even if the storms don't make it here-in fact we're down to 18C as a max by Wednesday.

Edited by Weather26
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I've eaten my own body weight in ice cream over these past few days. If it doesn't cool down soon i will end up with an ice cream addiction and will need to be pushed around in a wheelbarrow  due to being 20 stone.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1