Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Predictions for 2023?

LetItSnow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.
2 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

From March

March: lots of moaning due to it being fairly cold then rapidly turning very mild.

April: Bone dry season setting in, discussions about a possible hose pipe ban in the Summer.

May: Lack of any decent convectivity, feeling like early Summer at times.

June: The odd rainy day causing the 'warmies' on the site to go into meltdown...then followed by the usual heatwave.

July: Scorchio! frequent rain dances by the south eastern population.

August: Increasing cloud cover and humidity causing the 'warmies' to get upset...maybe the odd days rain but not enough to stop the dancing.

September: Bland but still dry and warmer than average.

October: Bland, warm to the south east. Still dancing.

November: No frosts or Wintryness, mild and damp.

December: Dull, windy mild rainy days and ridiculous talk about a white Xmas (again) but Keep you're eye open for a frost or two.

Our climate in a nutshell.

Not sure about that last statement when it comes to the summer! 😉

A stereotypical 2007-onwards year would to me be more like this:

January - Mild. Mix of wet and windy, with dry days of anticyclonic gloom, the wet and windy conditions being particularly prominent in the first half of the month. New Year's Day mild, dull and drizzly (again).

February - Mild. Maybe dry, maybe wet.

March - Mild, changeable to start, warm and sunny later

April - warm, sunny and dry. Some occasional colder days in northerlies with wintry showers and frost, or showers drifting up from France.

May - mixed. Warm and sunny mixed with cool and wet. Variable cloud. Somewhat warmer than average overall

June - rather cloudy. Variable rainfall. Five days of hot and sunny, followed by a forecast thundery breakdown which fails. Day maxima average, night minima above average

July - often dry (but with a few days of torrential rainfall) and cloudy. Mostly cool with temps struggling to reach the 1961-90 average by day for the first half of the month and many days below 20C,  but nights mild. Second half closer to average by day, with two day heatwave reaching 38C ensuring the CET is above the 1961-90 average.

August - dull and wet. Low diurnal range, mean max 19c mean min 15c but the mild nights ensure it's close to average overall. One or two half-hearted semi-settled spells. East Anglia manages rainfall, daytime temps, and sunshine close to average while the rest of the country is miserable. However the August Bank Holiday sees an improvement, with the weekend rather cool, a few showers about, but largely dry as Atlantic high pressure finally builds in.

September - dry, sunny, and warm for three weeks. Temps in the high 20s in the first 10 days. Abrupt change to cloudy, wet at times and much cooler round the autumn equinox. As often seems to happen, September 1 is dry and sunny, September 30 is dull and wet.

October - mixed. Mild. One spell of stormy weather and one spell of Indian Summer weather.

November - mild and wet mixed with chilly and foggy.

December - mixed until just before Christmas. Sometimes mild and wet, but one week of cold, frosty and sunny weather. After the solstice, it becomes emphatically mild and wet. 14C on Christmas Day. Rain on New Year's Eve (again).

Edited by Summer8906

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Blocking dominated March (especially Greenland) predominant E+NE flow with snow likely at various stages, really wouldn't be shocked to see the monthly average temperature compete with 2013 🧙‍♂️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale

From now on, a march like 2013 could be on the cards, maybe not quite as cold but cet could be in the 3s or low 4s.  

April cold and wet, like 98, or 2012.

May will be mixed but have 1 warm spell

I feel summer could be disappointing this year, with the first summer in 30 years not to hit 30c.  It won't be a washout though, I just fear it could be 2011 esque.

I feel sep to dec could be quite stormy this year, a classic end of October stormy period like 2000, haven't had that for a while.  December could be like 2013.

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, SummerShower said:

From now on, a march like 2013 could be on the cards, maybe not quite as cold but cet could be in the 3s or low 4s.  

April cold and wet, like 98, or 2012.

May will be mixed but have 1 warm spell

I feel summer could be disappointing this year, with the first summer in 30 years not to hit 30c.  It won't be a washout though, I just fear it could be 2011 esque.

I feel sep to dec could be quite stormy this year, a classic end of October stormy period like 2000, haven't had that for a while.  December could be like 2013.

Sounds like a rotten year on the cards if that comes off.

A poor summer followed by a mild winter. Hate that combo.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I think I'd rather see something along the lines of Spring 1975 than 2013... March and the first half of April 2013 (around here, anyway) were similar to February 1986: cold, cloudy and, for the most part, just about bone-dry. Although both 1975 and 2013's cold springs were followed by better-than-average summers.

Posted
2 hours ago, Methuselah said:

I think I'd rather see something along the lines of Spring 1975 than 2013... March and the first half of April 2013 (around here, anyway) were similar to February 1986: cold, cloudy and, for the most part, just about bone-dry. Although both 1975 and 2013's cold springs were followed by better-than-average summers.

Yeah, spring 2013 was bleak. But the summer was a reward.

• 2 months later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

May: 19c/10c, 40mm rain, 200 sun hrs

Jun: 22c/12c, 20mm rain, 230 sun hrs

July: 25c/14c, 30mm rain, 260 sun hrs

Aug: 23c/15c, 80mm rain, 190 sun hrs

Sep: 20c/13c, 70mm rain, 130 sun hrs

Oct: 17c/9c, 20mm rain, 170 sun hrs

Nov: 10c/4c, 10mm rain, 100 sun hrs

Dec: 11c/5c, 80mm rain, 30 sun hrs