Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - June 2023

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and long, sunny summers
11 minutes ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

UKV now on board for Sunday. Shows warm-sector development, looking impressive! Northern England favoured.

image.thumb.png.3e5db3e88df3d262bb7a59e32379b08b.png

Hopefully it can shift slightly southwards, would love to chase but anything north of Birmingham is just impossible for me.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love snow

Nice walk with the dog to finish the day, first pic was the cell up near malton, second pic is the cell that’s still going near Driffield 😀 hopefully Sunday is a better day 🤞🏻

Could contain:

Could contain:

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots
20 minutes ago, WeatherArc said:

Hopefully it can shift slightly southwards, would love to chase but anything north of Birmingham is just impossible for me.

Same here from POV of catching a ferry and then hitting the road from down here. I don't think I could justify chasing north of the Midlands as it'd be a lot of effort, time and fuel! Perhaps I'll just wait for the next supercell-level event for the M4 corridor or thereabouts, whenever that might be! 

• Like 2

Posted

be interesting as I'm working this weekend at CBYC as we have our shanghai cup and I will be out in the channel on a rib marklaying, glad I will have my offshore kit, if we do have storms I will get photos 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Some times you need eyes in the back of your head😅

cats.thumb.jpg.459a2ac7faafc0e9976f0f3c6c57a290.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love snow
30 minutes ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

UKV 03z looking exceptional for Sunday afternoon, I'm not gonna lie...

ukv1.thumb.png.81b938244e0b493117bfed3e06fb07f0.pngukv2.thumb.png.965e1da734ea7557cc4a7e93d902e5b5.pngUKV3.thumb.png.df347ee5e921387f67e27f51ddfc57cd.png

I can only dream it comes off 🙏 only at work for a couple of hours then all day off so I’m not getting to excited just yet 😂

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow
33 minutes ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

UKV 03z looking exceptional for Sunday afternoon, I'm not gonna lie...

ukv1.thumb.png.81b938244e0b493117bfed3e06fb07f0.pngukv2.thumb.png.965e1da734ea7557cc4a7e93d902e5b5.pngUKV3.thumb.png.df347ee5e921387f67e27f51ddfc57cd.png

Not for down south unfortunately...lets hope on the day we get a few surprises...

• Like 5

Posted

Strange that today's weather should be affected by a warm front, given the weather of the past few days. Less surprising that Sunday's weather focuses on a cold front which has the potential to be particularly active. I'm hoping it won't be over an Open Gardens event which we are attending in Shropshire on Sunday afternoon!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, minus10 said:

Not for down south unfortunately...lets hope on the day we get a few surprises...

It’s been dire on the south coast, one small storm on the 9th Jan, and a couple of very distant flashes a few weeks back.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots
22 minutes ago, Alderc said:

It’s been dire on the south coast, one small storm on the 9th Jan, and a couple of very distant flashes a few weeks back.

This sums it up. 

image.thumb.png.ae1195e4bc208c35e2786bd25544598d.png

What makes it funnier is that I live in the small dark grey area on the IOW showing zero storms 😆 It'd be the same back to the start of the year too, let alone this month!

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Two ESTOFEX Level 3's in a row is rare. I think today is going to be a bust though.

2023062406_202306230901_3_stormforecast_xml.thumb.png.a5f2d1845d5df6df8d9735e43f3dbb36.png

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!
57 minutes ago, ChannelThunder said:

This sums it up. 

image.thumb.png.ae1195e4bc208c35e2786bd25544598d.png

What makes it funnier is that I live in the small dark grey area on the IOW showing zero storms 😆 It'd be the same back to the start of the year too, let alone this month!

What's worse is when you live right on the edge of the action, can see it unfurl but it stays away time and time again.  Torturous.

• Like 4

Posted

So am I assuming that at the moment sundays storms potential is sort of m4 northwards or will it move southward?

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Alderc said:

I've only had one storm on the 9th May!

• Like 2

Posted
30 minutes ago, James1979 said:

What's worse is when you live right on the edge of the action, can see it unfurl but it stays away time and time again.  Torturous.

Yep, this is exactly what's happened so far. I've seen CGs and heard thunder several times in both April and June, from a combination of dying channel storms and inland convection over the New Forest, but absolutely nothing overhead!

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, camturbo said:

So am I assuming that at the moment sundays storms potential is sort of m4 northwards or will it move southward?

Unlikely to move southward, but the front will pass over the south too, so I reckon there'll be a few isolated storms possibly as far south as the M4 corridor, but they won't have the punch of those in the north where the better energy, sheer and moisture is.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Eagle Eye said:

Two ESTOFEX Level 3's in a row is rare. I think today is going to be a bust though.

2023062406_202306230901_3_stormforecast_xml.thumb.png.a5f2d1845d5df6df8d9735e43f3dbb36.png

Should be interesting, will be flying along the Croatian coast in about 6hrs….bumpy bumpy!! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
45 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Should be interesting, will be flying along the Croatian coast in about 6hrs….bumpy bumpy!! 

Though it's near the end of the risk time could definitely be a bumpy ride.

xx_model-en-340-0_modswisseu_2023062306_16_947_240.thumb.png.6fc0b4e1dee1cf1d2eca66da9efeeeeb.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Slight case of mammatus above the pyramid stage at Glasto.

Could contain:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather
5 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Slight case of mammatus above the pyramid stage at Glasto.

Could contain:

Should stay dry through and that’s the bandstand 😂

• Like 1