Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

First Ground and Air Frost Watch - Season 2023-24

damianslaw

Posted

First one this morning, 25th Nov is very late for this area (second latest in last 30 years, after 1st Dec in 2009). Sort of symmetrical with the late first 20C in spring I suppose.

Really noticeable how October air frosts have become much rarer since the late 90s, it was unusual to get an October without one before then.

• Like 1

Posted
8 hours ago, Summer of 95 said:

First one this morning, 25th Nov is very late for this area (second latest in last 30 years, after 1st Dec in 2009). Sort of symmetrical with the late first 20C in spring I suppose.

Really noticeable how October air frosts have become much rarer since the late 90s, it was unusual to get an October without one before then.

2009 cropping up again...

Posted
3 hours ago, damianslaw said:

2009 cropping up again...

I thought around the end of April how here since November it had been so similar to 2005-06; big December freezing cold spell with sod all snow and then a very boring January that at least produced one dusting in much less favourable conditions, a snorefest of a February and winter turned up in the first half of March... then April was a load of 11C rubbish... All set for a great July...🫣🫣🫣🫣🫣🫣🫣🫣

Hope winter 2009-10 stays away similarly🤞🤞🤞🤞