Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Sept Heatwave poll

Sept Heatwave poll   

117 members have voted

1. 1. How best describes your feelings on this Sept Heatwave?

• I felt cheated out of a decent July and this slightly makes up for it.
    • I'd hoped we'd escaped the heat for the rest of this year. How wrong I was. Roll on next week!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
10 hours ago, BlueSkies_do_I_see said:

Earlier this week I resorted to wetting the glass panes in my south facing door and sticking tin foil (shiny side facing out) to it. That helped a lot.

Inside the house, I throw open all the windows early for a while until outside is warmer. Then close them and draw all curtains and blackout blinds until bedtime, then open them again. I have a fan that helps move the air around a little in the bedroom and sleep under just a sheet. I've often done this in hot weather in summer but never in September until now.

Could contain:

In Whitfield I've noticed, as have been doing a lot of house viewing there recently, most houses have great big thick white blinds. Today, I found out why, they keep the heat of the sun out.

• Like 1

Posted
9 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

A friend has a similar unit to this one, he has a big bedroom and it makes it surprisingly cold. Many portable air coolers/conditioners will now be reduced in price so a good time to get one for next summer, if money allows

WWW.AVALLA.COM

All-season all-star. Perfect for keeping your cool in summer with AC down to 16°C. Ideal for drying clothes or treating damp, mould, condensation and moisture in the...

Reading the blurb, it's a dehumidifier as well?

Posted
7 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

25-30 and would have been perfect

Buy the coat and age ahead so it lasts a few years. That's what I do.

So do I lol, but this boy decided to suddenly get taler than me in about six months. He's also already size 9.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
25 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Reading the blurb, it's a dehumidifier as well?

Don’t know about that particular model? My friend’s unit is brilliant at making the room cold, though. Hopefully you’ll be able to get one at some point

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anticyclonic unless a snow storm
1 hour ago, alexisj9 said:

In Whitfield I've noticed, as have been doing a lot of house viewing there recently, most houses have great big thick white blinds. Today, I found out why, they keep the heat of the sun out.

It's a big part of the problem. Britain has some of the oldest housing stock anywhere in the world. Millions of people live in houses with no cavity wall (including myself). Homes in places like Spain have for many years been built for the heat. Ours were built for the climate we had 80 years ago. But our climate is no longer like that. Ok, its not Mediterranean but it's warming fast. Somewhere down the line it's going to take a huge investment to retrofit homes like mine.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.

Voted cheated  (late) though I missed it while under Storm Daniel.

Vote was based on what I would have felt had I been at home.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All of it!

2 rather negative poll questions - I don’t feel any animosity towards the summer weather or the weather we’ve had in September 🤷🏻‍♂️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
On 09/09/2023 at 11:44, stainesbloke said:

A friend has a similar unit to this one, he has a big bedroom and it makes it surprisingly cold. Many portable air coolers/conditioners will now be reduced in price so a good time to get one for next summer, if money allows

WWW.AVALLA.COM

All-season all-star. Perfect for keeping your cool in summer with AC down to 16°C. Ideal for drying clothes or treating damp, mould, condensation and moisture in the...

Only a 7000btu model, would really struggle in hotter weather to cool any normal size bedroom. Need really to be looking at 12000btu and up. But thats when the price becomes a issue.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anticyclonic unless a snow storm
1 hour ago, Beanz said:

2 rather negative poll questions - I don’t feel any animosity towards the summer weather or the weather we’ve had in September 🤷🏻‍♂️

Got no complaints either about this summer. We had a decent June and Sept without hitting the high 30s in the height of summer that we got in 2022.

I agree, the questions could have been worded better. (Once a poll is posted I can't edit it). I think I was a bit hyped up that night by the heat when I wrote them.

Edited by BlueSkies_do_I_see
  • Like 1