Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest Weather Discussion - Dec 2023 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Coming down heavy again. Got almost exactly 1 inch. -1.1°C.

• Like 6

A secondary streamer has now formed on the peripheral section of the trough which has more widespread potential than the streamer which has just occured. An additional 2-8cm is likely widely across Merseyside, Lancashire and Greater Manchester in the next 3 hours. A steady rise in dew points along the coast will take place in the coming hours. And wind speeds increase towards midday areas west of the M6 will see a rise to 1C dew point. Through the afternoon this will spread eastwards towards the 120m contour.

During mid morning heavy and significant snowfall will affect Cumbria, 1-5cm widely away from the coast. This then extending into North Yorkshire and northern Lancashire where mixed precipitation is likely below 200m in the West and below 100m-150m over and to the East of the Pennines. Accumulations of 25-35cm are possible above 250m locally in these areas. A more widespread 10-15cm above 200m. 5-8cm between 100m-150m and 250m. This will be a confined streamer forming over central northern Lancashire and just to the north of Bradford. Little accumulation outside of it.

A southwards shift of the front can be expected through the afternoon producing a period of moderate snow over the central southern Pennines 2-7cm widely. Perhaps 1-2cm down to 200m on the west and 100m on the east of the Pennine area. Temporary accumulations east of the m6 are possible but this is uncertain.

Edited by Kasim Awan
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.
1 hour ago, Kasim Awan said:

Thanks I’m pretty happy with my assessment before I think it was alright lol. 1cm here. 😂😂

1cm more than here.Snow shadow

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Heavy stuff incoming. As dewpoints rise flakes will get bigger also which will lead to accumulation quicker.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Only a dusting here so far. 

• Like 3

Posted

Light snow falling has left a white covering everywhere here.  Radar looks interesting out west, still -2.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.
6 minutes ago, Kasim Awan said:

A secondary streamer has now formed on the peripheral section of the trough which has more widespread potential than the streamer which has just occured. An additional 2-8cm is likely widely across Merseyside, Lancashire and Greater Manchester in the next 3 hours. A steady rise in dew points along the coast will take place in the coming hours. And wind speeds increase towards midday areas west of the M6 will see a rise to 1C dew point. Through the afternoon this will spread eastwards towards the 120m contour.

During mid morning heavy and significant snowfall will affect Cumbria, 1-5cm widely away from the coast. This then extending into North Yorkshire and northern Lancashire where mixed precipitation is likely below 200m in the West and below 100m-150m over and to the East of the Pennines. Accumulations of 25-35cm are possible above 250m locally in these areas. A more widespread 10-15cm above 200m. 5-8cm between 100m-150m and 250m. This will be a confined streamer forming over central northern Lancashire and just to the north of Bradford. Little accumulation outside of it.

A southwards shift of the front can be expected through the afternoon producing a period of moderate snow over the central southern Pennines 2-7cm widely. Perhaps 1-2cm down to 200m on the west and 100m on the east of the Pennine area. Temporary accumulations east of the m6 are possible but this is uncertain.

Hopefully thats when i get my first proper fall of winter

• Like 3

Posted

Just woke up.notnsur why as I'm not in work until 2pm 🤣I was excited I think. What a lovely surprise! I can't really tell how much we have got as I'm on the second floor but..it is deffo more than just a dusting.id guess somewhere between an inch or two.very very lightly snowing now.barely anything falling .

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & storms. Or very hot. None of this raining when it's sunny rubbish
10 minutes ago, Winter Hill said:

Don’t be saying sleet as I’m direct east of you. 

Snowing again, 🙂

• Like 4

Posted

Only a bit here, but it is enough! Was expecting to wake with nothing. 

It's still coming down.

For those that do have it - get out there and enjoy - we deserve this!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

IMG_7603.thumb.png.83f6e17e1a36970cfb3f5c33ad049a95.png

Just in this gap. Very light. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!
2 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Looks as though its going to be much better than expected for the entire region. What a win!

• Like 3

Posted

Next heavy batch about to hit in about 15 mins or so. Will head out and take some pics 👍

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Weather-history said:

ROFL  just seen GMB's Granada weather

Unbelievable and embarrassing!!!

"Fairly dry and bright however one or two showers across the north of the region..."

Graphics, dry across the south when the whole are is under snow!

Recorded broadcasts are always asking for trouble IMO. All weather forecasts should be live. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Looking at the Radar, does the blob to the NW look like its on a heading further South than forecast? 

• Like 2

Posted

A large area of moderate to heavy snow across Merseyside currently. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Snowing again

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow.. frost. Freezing fog
3 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

ROFL  just seen GMB's Granada weather

Unbelievable and embarrassing!!!

"Fairly dry and bright however one or two showers across the north of the region..."

Graphics, dry across the south when the whole are is under snow!

Absolute joke 

• Like 2