Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Worst Season Of Each Year of the 00's

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms or snow

Pretty Self Explanatory looking at each year from 2000-2009  what was the worst  or most boring season weatherise in those years 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters, warm, early spring, cool, gentle summer, stormy autumn

Summer 2003 for me, I was too young to remember it, but July onwards was extremely dry and hot, and of course the August 2003 heatwave is by some measures the worst ever known in this country. July 2006 a close contender.

I imagine many here though will nominate the very wet seasons of the 2000s, like summer 2007 for instance, which to be fair did have some really bad flooding. Summer 2008 will probably be mentioned as well. Autumn 2000 too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Autumn 2000 was horrendously wet ..summer 2007 was poor and often very wet but the summers of the 85-88 were worse imo..other than that nothing else really stands out

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.

2000 - Autumn

2001 - Difficult one. Perhaps spring, though May was very good. The foot-and-mouth pseudo-lockdown didn't help either.

2002 - Winter (Jan/Feb)

2003 - difficult one. I'll say winter 02/03 because December 2002 was a bit iffy. The calendar year 2003 only featured two to three months that could be seen as a little dodgy: May, November and perhaps December.

2004 - Autumn

2005 - Winter (04/05)

2006 - Autumn

2007 - Summer

2008 - Summer

2009 - Summer

(or do you mean the whole decade? Autumn 2000, narrowly beating winter 06/07).

Edited by Summer8906

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

2000 - Autumn

2001 - Summer

2002 - The whole year absolutely terrible year for weather

2003 - None fantastic year for weather 

2004 - Summer

2005 - Spring

2006 - Autumn

2007 - Summer

2008 - Summer

2009 - Autumn 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and warm, sunny summers

Was only a kid but this is what I'd probably put for the weather in Dublin and my preferences if I were to redo the 2000s but be like I am now.

2000 - Autumn (echoing most I'm sure and obvious why, extremely wet)

2001 - Autumn (a mediocre Sep with a mild Oct/Nov, no thanks)

2002 - Summer (cloudiest of my lifetime until 2020, June and especially July terrible.. August meh, still too cloudy but not awful)

2003 - Winter (none of the seasons overall bad, excellent year but winter mostly benign and not much snow to speak of but very sunny Jan/Feb)

2004 - Summer (very wet but not the worst in the world, pretty warm with some decent periods in June and August, a poor July and August thunderstorms)

2005 - Spring (all months mediocre rather than complete write offs)

2006 - Spring (a lovely April but terrible March and very wet May)

2007 - Summer (exceptionally wet with awful daytime temperatures)

2008 - Summer (exceptionally wet again - August 2008 one of the worst summer months in living memory with record-breaking flooding rains)

2009 - Autumn (I vaguely remember 2009 seasons and didn't dislike any of them but autumn the worst if I had to pick for the forgettable October and very wet November. Summer 2009 I liked)

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Worst season for each year of the 00s:

2000 - Autumn (exceptionally wet)

2001 - Autumn (mediocre at best)

2002 - Summer (an uneventful year all in all, so I picked the first season that came into my head)

2003 - Winter 02/03 (tricky to decide, but I will say winter only because December wasn't all that great)

2004 - Summer (not a very good summer that year, particularly the July)

2005 - Spring (a mediocre at best spring)

2006 - Spring (two months of that spring were a complete write off)

2007 - Summer (exceptionally wet and the beginning of a series of poor summers)

2008 - Summer (second year of the series. I can remember August in particular being cool and wet)

2009 - Summer (the series continues, though not as bad as the previous two summers)

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Autumn is always the most boring season of any year for me. Particularly after September. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

As I mentioned in the other thread on autumn seasons I spent most of this decade in eastern England, mostly in Tyne & Wear, Leeds or Norwich.

2000 - Autumn. Yes, it was remarkable meteorologically but not in an enjoyable way. Summer was a contender but was saved by a pretty good August.

2001 - Summer, disappointingly cloudy in the North East. Autumn was a contender but was saved by the memorable northerly of 8/9 November.

2002 - Summer. Not a very interesting year generally, but the other seasons had their moments, I don't remember the summer having many.

2003 - Winter 02/03. I enjoyed every season that year, but December 2002 was extremely dull, making winter the least good season.

2004 - Autumn. October was dull and wet, November mild, dull and dry.

2005 - Winter 04/05. I remember it being the first winter of my life when northerly and easterly winds frequently failed to come to much.

2006 - Autumn, relentlessly warm, it just didn't feel right to me. Winter was a contender but the late December 2005 easterly saved it.

2007 - Winter 06/07 (relentlessly mild). Summer was a contender, but my area had a pretty decent August, and the wet June & July had a high frequency of thunder.

2008 - Summer. Not much of a contest really, August in particular was a cloudfest.

2009 - Autumn. Again not much of a contest.

Edited by Thundery wintry showers