Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish weather discussion - Spring 2023/24

Norrance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

We've been down to Edinburgh and back in 36 hours on almost completely black roads so all good. Glad to be able to time the journeys to suit the weather.  I was able to spend time with my granddaughter which was lovely....

Sleet showers at home this evening that are turning to frozen slush on cold surfaces. Fun in the morning I guess.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

A rather unremarkable couple of days here Thu and Fri, hence no comments from me. There was still quite a bit of snow at the top of the hill on Thu when I walked the dog, but icy where it'd been compacted and soggy where it hadn't been. Avoided going anywhere near it today, opting to walk along a just slightly icy quiet road instead. 

Got a surprise 10mins ago when I threw the dog out for the last time before bed, there's a slight covering of snow lying that wasn't there ealier. Must have caught an isolated shower as nothing was forecast. Temperature has been sat around 2C most of the day I suppose, currently 0.7C

Wife got to her parents safely on Thu but said the drive was far too wet and windy to be enjoyable. We're meeting up again at my folks in the central belt on Hogmanay, guess what day we were planning on coming back north again from the latest GFS forecast.... 

Screenshot_20231229-230011.thumb.png.8d0f38ccd58a07152ebd61ed0b274aba.png

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

I forgot - yesterday evening in Edinburgh at about 9, there was a loud extended crump of thunder, completely out of the blue. Freaky (slightly).

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

Posted

Is it me or is the low further inland than the models have showing? The 18z showed it arriving at midnight around the very far south of Ireland! But it’s definitely further inland. If that arrives through the night we could see alot of ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️⛄👀

Edited by Big Gally
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

Icy start with last nights snow about 3cm frozen, its around minus 1 at the moment and it is raining! Nothing on radar either..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

0.7C here, calm and very grey. Just been outside and I can't tell if it's snowing very lightly, raining very lightly, or just a touch of mist in the air. Last night's dusting still lying, but will it be added to before it gets washed away? Forecasts suggest straight to rain as warming up before front gets here. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Radar suggests light snow, window suggests nothing that I can see. 

Update, now mini flakes. 

Edited by snowidea
  • Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, Ruzzi said:

Warning area to the south of Scotland extended northwards 

Screenshot_20231230_104626_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.7a6f30a9dfff0a68807bc22c1323bbc6.jpg

Interesting 👀👀

Could give a good a fee cm before turning back to rain 

20231230_104534.thumb.jpg.8c102b1c575de0e141496d6fb01dfbc5.jpg

And yet the warning still misses here 😆

• Like 6