Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scottish weather discussion - Spring 2023/24

Norrance

Posted
6 minutes ago, Mair Snaw said:

Looking at radar there seems to be a heavy band heading straight for my house.... come on i want a blizzard..

Hope it doesn’t while you’re at the fitba, you might nae get hame 🫣

Only the slightest of coverings here, looking at the radar it appears to go green as soon as it goes over the house annoyingly.  Temperature is up and down, anywhere between 0.7c and 1.5c currently, dew point is following the same up and down pattern, currently 0.1c.

I’ll report back later should any white flakes begin to fall ❄️

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Off topic when there’s far more interesting things to talk about, but is anyone having issues with Wunderground keeping logging them out? No idea if it’s a setting on my iPad or if it’s something they’ve changed on their website but it’s frustrating the heck out of me now 😡

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Snow 9n here too now, but light as it looks like it's just the edge of the heavier band that hit @Mair Snawand @Scepticalis just clipping my house. That's the luck of the draw with showers. 

• Like 9

Posted

We have incredibly bad black ice here. Roads ok but pavements lethal. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer
4 minutes ago, Kayemill said:

We have incredibly bad black ice here. Roads ok but pavements lethal. 

Second this, heavy sleet for 30 mins made things lethal. 
That shower popped up out of nowhere so fingers crossed for some surprises during the week.

I look forward to viewing the pics in this thread even if I myself am unlucky. I’m up in East Kilbride Tues and Wed this week so might see some flakes.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

Posted

Morning all,

Nice to see a few pics already. 👍

Overnight low 1.3c. I’m targeting an air frost rather than snow.😁

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
1 hour ago, Sanserit said:

Off topic when there’s far more interesting things to talk about, but is anyone having issues with Wunderground keeping logging them out? No idea if it’s a setting on my iPad or if it’s something they’ve changed on their website but it’s frustrating the heck out of me now 😡

Wunderground has always been flaky for me so I have to be in a really good mood to want to look there...

We had a light shower of half-melted snow a while back.  The radar shows a bit more activity now than an hour or so ago but it's the usual story of the inner firth snowdome firing up.... we'll see. 

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 4

Posted

A mixture of sleet/snow, temperature 1c with a NW wind that doesn't feel particularly cold. 

• Like 5

Posted
21 minutes ago, Sceptical said:

A mixture of sleet/snow, temperature 1c with a NW wind that doesn't feel particularly cold. 

Give it a few hours as the really cold air is heading south through the rest of the day. No guarantees about precipitation falling but what does will be snow.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter,warm sun in summer!!!!
55 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

Incoming ! Looking forward to seeing some more pictures - hopefully that trough delivers something better than an ice rink covering

image.thumb.png.b536b72f638f980a4a8fe4bb00348dce.png image.thumb.png.a6f7591fe1685b71d317b48a8fffd22c.png

Tuesday looking fun on Fax.. 

image.thumb.png.ae2df8138c433c3efa3341c50df50553.pngimage.thumb.png.2a404e1d1ac96b26cc4116a0eaeda01a.pngimage.thumb.png.762748fc60fe0cca671860cb176e0f2a.png

I think us on lower ground could see sleet or rain or a time , need it a little further south for us to stay in the colder air. Still time for change 

• Like 3

Posted

Looking a lot more promising here on east coast for Tuesday now

5-10cm possible and 20cm possible over northern Scotland and high ground. Looking like a potential memorable event 

7D2EDEA5-2AD5-4CE3-9DCD-3D4C492EDD3C.png

• Like 8