Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London and East Anglia Weather Discussion - Dec 2023 on

Posted

alexisj9 this is  in met offices own words ...

It will bring a band of rain, sleet and snow which will push north on Thursday. The heaviest snowfalls are expected wherever the boundary of cold and mild air is...huh??

They have multiple models, stations,ships planes etc etc ,plus intelligent experienced personnel,even a supercomputer 

So next they say ...

It’s from Thursday that the snow risk becomes potentially impactful, as mild air attempts to move back in from the south, bumping into the cold air and increasing the chance of snow where the two systems meet..which they havent a clue 

Ill give them a hundred percent forecast ...it wont be kent ..i know you know ..:(

Posted

Lauren surprised? If we have a cold month or a joker in the pack it will be april ,which is why it upsets everyone ,maybe end of March, gfs keeps toying with us ,but next run  is so so different from the previous that its comically nuts ,beyond a week im referring to, it still got the tabs on the seven day but its usually pretty good  at beyond that, makes me think its got a  signal it cant quite work out ,but months that are ment to be this or that are long gone 

Posted

Kent Blizzard we have these days ,dry spells and wet spells ..its usually few weeks of no rain or a week or heavy rain that floods places etc ,no middle ground (or high ) lol ,people throw their dingys out or dummies ,but thats what ive mostly seen happen over my 56 years of life ( climate change ? ) dont know ?  but it seems all or nothing ,extremes of both 

Edited by TN9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

Vortex3929

Hello

Yes it's a small sun-pillar , needed a zoom lens. I've not seen them very often, but I think they are not too rare 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Sprites rare or not, still a great capture for yourself 😁 definitely on my list of things I want to photograph 

Edited by Vortex3929
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Developing squall line moving down across the Region this evening. Arome suggesting it will reach London around midnight. The cold front marking the boundary between the very mild airmass we've been in for some days and the much colder air moving south. Here in Hadleigh today's high of 13C will be replaced by a max of around 7C tomorrow. That'll feel different.

Radar 16.40 Radar06Feb2416_40.thumb.jpg.43a5b286ae354935431c5ed86a1bc975.jpg Arome midnight Arome06Feb24midnight.thumb.jpg.3aed1a7e53adec7c6959bfd4721403fe.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Just as the experts in the MAD thread are saying the Met. Office will need to adjust their warning they have: if you watch this week's Deep Dive, they've shunted it north a tad, in response to the latest model runs. . . 

• Like 2

Posted

The Mild Front was knocked back towards Europe by the Cold Front when it passed through here at 22:00 (10pm) The winds from the SW gave way to the NE wind 😁

Temperature
4.2°C

Humidity
93%

Dewpoint
3.2°C

Wind Chill
4.2°C

Wind
NE

image.thumb.png.ecd15413ead8bb488edd322442d8a0fe.png

image.thumb.png.354545247cbdea180ca4170b0f68dafd.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

Heavy rain followed by a bit of sleet last night around 9pm, probably all the Winter I will see this year !

Posted

Methuselah  a good lesson to be learnt for others not to take what the met say as gospel - they too are not immune to lagging behind on pattern changes/shifts !! They've had more than a few humdingers this winter already  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Rather hopeful of seeing a good amount of snow tomorrow, as we’re heading off later to the Peak District for a week. The cottage we’re renting is between Leek and Buxton and about 900ft above sea level, so could be the “sweet spot”.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

they are all now looking east in the MOD thread🙈

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Methuselah

Beats looking daft!

Is that an anagram Pete? of -  Beast looking daft! - image.thumb.png.932c0f2b6e2d253401713043f8fb557f.png

But of course this Synoptic set up has been impossible, since Brr'exit. 

With that, I think I will get my coat, hat and gloves!! 

Regards,

Tom Q. 👍

• Like 5

Posted

A rapid drop in temperature last night as the cold front with its associated squall line passed through at around 2am. Dropped from 10.4c at 1:54am to 7.4c at 2:04am and then 6.5c just another 10 minutes later - not bad!

So jealous of the snow that’s going to fall elsewhere the next day or two. My poor leaky conservatory will turn into a sieve once again once the rain gets going.

IMG_9561.thumb.jpeg.3daa86fc1d29d19d16fbb583a3a3f566.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A horrible icy sleety mess here. Not pleasant.

Posted

3.8 degrees and raining. Yuck.

Edited by snowblind

Posted

Again, imagine if that coming out of the sky was snow, I'd be at home now in some sort of winter wonderland, and not in work having driven through flooded roads .

Ho-hum.

Roll on spring.

Posted

lassie23 looking east ? All depends on orientation ,i think we will end up with a  dry half cold south easterly if at all ,better than  cold rain at 4c  i guess 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Ooh its not good in the mad thread this morning, but I think we could all see, for our particular part of the world, that it was going to be another hugely frustrating winter. I would genuinely love to know, why it's rarer than hens teeth, to get anything decent here now. I'm not a believer in the climate change stuff as such, but there's no denying something has happened. I'm off out, to enjoy this lovely rain. Have a good day all 

• Like 1

• April 2024 - Was it that cold overall? A look at the statistics

General perception from many is that April was a cold month, but statistics would suggest otherwise, with the average temperature for the whole month coming in just above the 30 year average for the UK as a whole. A warm first half to to the month averaged out the cold second half. View the full blog here

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather 1

Bank Holiday Offers Sunshine and Showers Before High Pressure Arrives Next Week

The Bank Holiday weekend offers a mix of sunshine and showers across the UK, not the complete washout some forecasting models were suggesting earlier this week. Next week, high pressure arrives on the scene, but only for a relatively brief stay. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Bank Holiday weekend weather - a mixed picture

It's a mixed picture for the upcoming Bank Holiday weekend. at times, sunshine and warmth with little wind. However, thicker cloud in the north will bring rain and showers. Also rain by Sunday for Cornwall. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather