Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London and East Anglia Weather Discussion - Dec 2023 on

Posted

MAF lol ,its only trying to help ,its just not what some of us want ,like shooting the messenger ..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder

So, out here in the middle of the desert in the UAE winter has properly arrived…. Flooding, hail stones the size of golf balls( which have knackered the back of my car🤦), and shredded trees…literally birds dead on the ground where they’ve been knocked out of the sky by the hail…Wadi’s which are normally bone dry in full flood!!!

Nice to see some weather though!!

IMG_1362.jpeg

IMG_2334.jpeg

IMG_2337.jpeg

IMG_2333.jpeg

IMG_2323.jpeg

IMG_2319.jpeg

IMG_2318.jpeg

IMG_2316.jpeg

IMG_2317.jpeg

IMG_2299.jpeg

IMG_2297.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Insightful 1

Posted

Gorgeous here for mid February, 8c and near on clear blue ,light wind NW ..in sun spot tee shirt weather ..

20240212_113004.jpg

20240212_113014.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Yep, glorious day to be working outside, fresh out the sun but soon warm up. Looking like a fairly mild week if a touch breezy at times.

Still too early for the Winter is over posts though 😀 ...Even thoigh Spring is in touching distance now, I think it was about the 8th of March last year we had a day of on off snow flurries, nothing settled but was nice to see, a mile or so down the road didn't witness anything though!

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder

Sprites it certainly is today…but it’s the most that’s happened in the 18months we’ve been here…

The Emiratis have been out playing in the ice like a snow day back home!! And then they go out hooning around in the flood water in their 4x4s donutting like teenagers!

IMG_2354.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Absolutely stunning day today and lovely to work in👍Felt like spring arrived and tbh looking at next 14 days unless the models flip it looks like it will stay mild pretty much for all of February  which was very different to what a lot of experts thought even as late as mid January 🤷🏼‍♂️.Been an awful winter for us snow starved South Easterners but now I look forward to spring and more of days like today will bring on all the colour that comes with Spring👍🌞

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

Scotland has the interesting weather today. Last year there were a fair number of thunder-days in Scotland. 

Quite a nice sunset in the distance this evening, more towards London/Herts. 

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Lovely day today, feels cold tonight though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I am shocked just  how flooded my area is. I live by a river and we have bridges and roads closed. Thankfully they were smart when our house was built and raised where we are, the other side of the village not so. 

Comment of the day by my hubs 'It's quite warm out'

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and sun. Anything extreme.

It rained when I was last in Doha, John. I was astonished to realise that none of the roads had any drainage and simply flooded! It all disappeared in a trice when the sun came out of course. Be very careful - we saw lots of minor collisions because the locals had no idea how to drive in flooded conditions.

Posted

Wasn't supposed to rain until this afternoon, looks like rain may arrive this morning 😡

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Neilsouth Yep last night at 10pm met office app said rain started at between 2-3 pm.Started in Orpington at 9.05 and hammering down now and radar has filled so quickly and looks like rain all day now!!😡Thought I had a good 4/5 hours of work and reality probably just be the 1 hour!Not great when you are a self employed gardener!!That is such a poor forecast from only 12 hours out👎🏻Oh well better get on with some accounts as bit behind on them😂!!Have a good day everyone rant over.

Posted

Hotspur62

Second time this month it's been a bad forecast by the beeb/met! Like last Sunday, it wasn't supposed to rain, and it drizzled/rained all day! Even events were called off 😬

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I looked into the Model Waffle Output thread and despite all the backseat drivers being in place, the mojo is in phase 4, which means winter is over lol

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Looking like they're girding their loins for one last chase over on the model thread...last week of Feb now being the target. I actually don't want snow on 24th so it may well come off this time!

Still an astonishing amount of flood water around these parts. I don't recall so many water covered fields on this level, for this amount of time, before. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

DJ Fart Aye, it's amazing what the promise of eight days' continuous snowfall can do! 🤣

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

What a contrast in 24 hours. Beautiful day with perfect blue skies yesterday to  showery rain, grey and feeling a little chilly I think. Can I have yesterday back please? 😔

• Like 3

Posted

DJ Steve Wright has died.

Showing my age now.

RIP.

• Like 3

• UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-05-02 07:37:13 Valid: 02/05/2024 0900 - 03/04/2024 0600 THUNDERSTORM WATCH - THURS 02 MAY 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Risk of thunderstorms overnight with lightning and hail

Northern France has warnings for thunderstorms for the start of May. With favourable ingredients of warm moist air, high CAPE and a warm front, southern Britain could see storms, hail and lightning. Read more here

Jo Farrow
    Jo Farrow

UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-05-01 08:45:04 Valid: 01/05/2024 0600 - 02/03/2024 0600 SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH - 01-02 MAY 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F