Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Moans, ramps and banter

Message added by Paul,

Please keep in mind that this thread is not intended for complaining about or criticising other members. Let's maintain a respectful environment for everyone.

Posted
2 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

I would die if this was 5c and thick cloud. We've had that this "winter" ... glad to see the back of that!!

When?! 🤷‍♂️

The 5C bit I mean! 😉

Edited by Don

Posted

Summer8906 There is set to be a marked drop in temps this eve behind the front, a widespread air frost in the north, will take time for the cold air to advect south. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm-by-day sunny thundery summers , short cold snowy winters.

damianslaw Shame the marked temp drop didn't occur immediately behind the main system that passed through yesterday evening and overnight. As I said, this is one of the problems of our climate, if there is true polar air about, it often doesn't arrive immediately behind the main rainband. You often end up with hours and hours of oppressively humid rPm air with drab dishwater skies as has been the case today.

I'd argue rPm air is even worse than Tm air as it frequently interlopes where "real" Pm should appear.

It's interesting to note that rPm was always just a footnote in weather books I first read in the early 80s, mentioned as an occasional, and only occasional, variation to true Pm. I wonder if that indicates it has dramatically increased in frequency since then? I do remember my childhood and teenage years seemed to feature far more in the way of true-Pm northwesterlies.

Edited by Summer8906
  • Like 1

Posted

Right, time for a rant.

Tonight's GFS run and its ensemble just basically dashes hopes of a prolonged dry spell. The previously notable Azores high extension gets downgraded to a brief high that then sinks, opening the door for the Atlantic to give us another great big soaking. We enjoy a brief 2 day dry spell (assuming no further downgrades). Just fantastic, it really is.

It even has the nerve to tease another attempted dry spell at day 15 at the very end of the month, but if you believe that I've got a bridge to sell you.

Apologies for the rant. Normal service will now resume.

• Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

WYorksWeather baby steps ,next week looks much better. ..☺

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

ANYWEATHER Honestly, yes. Today had plenty of showers, yet because they were "traditional" spring showers with some warm sunshine in between, I felt much happier than I have when we've had dank murk from dawn till dusk. Tbh I could cope with days like this fairly easily, even if they would still be frustrating for those trying to plan outdoor events.* The key I think is the sunshine. Sunshine'n'showers in the old-fashioned spring way is not a big problem. Showers'n'showers, especially for months on end, is. So if we can get back to more like the mixed stuff, it will as you say be a notable improvement.

* And the hospitality trade. I had a brief chat today with someone local and they said that they reckoned a truly dire summer (2007, 2012, etc) might well finish off a couple of Bewdley's pubs/cafes for good. I hate to say this but I think they're probably right. We just don't have enough indoor attractions here to be an appealing destination in wet weather, and since most of our visitors are day trippers they can decide on the spur of the moment whether to visit.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

ANYWEATHER Next week is still too far away to be "locked in" yet. Can, and probably will, be downgraded by the time it arrives. 

• Like 1

Posted

Don I'm desperate - I'll take it. As we can't do with a nice comfortable 25c round here!!! We go from 18c to 32c over night

Posted

*Stormforce~beka* Yes and that's why I don't like very high temperatures in this country because bar the odd exception, they come with high humidity!

• Like 1

Posted

Only 23 hours of sunshine in the first 15 days of this month. Thats the exact same as March 2023's first half

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Freeze Yes, a mate lives in Hove and I’ve really noticed the difference (cold onshore wind). Just a fleeting milder snap here, back to cloud and occasional rain

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

I don't moan a lot but I work outdoors and I honestly just feel like crying. Absolutely no let up apart from a nice spell yesterday afternoon and what I mean by that is seeing some sun.. A horrible horrendous morning.. Heeeeeeeellllpppp 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

emmett garland Definitely an overlooked element by a lot of people is how these conditions - especially when prolonged - impact those who work outside. Must be incredibly wearing, I imagine. 

Fingers crossed for a pattern shift soon.