Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cold and sunny or mild and wet (at this time of the year)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

If we're talking April-style unsettled, then I'd go for the warmer option without hesitation. I hate cold outside of winter. If we mean, grey windy southwesterlies however, then I'd go for the cold and sunny option. 

At least in a typical unsettled April spell, there is also often sunshine and convective showers with vibrant skyscapes. That with decent temperatures is excellent and good for plant growth.

Getting sunshine all day and a temp below 10 degrees in April is a rare feat in this part of the world and always has been, so I'm not even sure I could choose that option out of pure realism. 😅

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I'll go for warm and wet, so long as said warm and wet doesn't come from endless drizzle!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.

MP-R

On 05/04/2024 at 15:22, MP-R said:

At least in a typical unsettled April spell, there is also often sunshine and convective showers with vibrant skyscapes.

Though this normally requires NW-lies or N-lies, which produce mostly below average temps.

Tm and rPm SW-lies generally produce overcast or dull conditions, as we've seen this month so far. The only real exception is if we have a very slack low to the west, where the wind isn't strong enough to blow clag in from the channel (e.g. opening days of August 2012, not April I know...)

Edited by Summer8906

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Summer8906 True, although I’ve had such from cyclonic southwesterlies too. The downpours tend to be more powerful from that setup.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BWh

I feel like we're at that time of year when sunny, dry and warm is an equally if not more plausible combination. Sunny dry and cold in April would be just as disappointing as mild and wet.

• Like 1