Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports: 13th February

PB22

Posted

Almost but not quite a repeat of 28th Jan 04 this morning :p

After a rash of torrential rain/hail downpours and very gusty winds another deluge occured at about 10.15. This time however it blew into a 3 minute snowstorm before clearing away! People were arriving at church with snow on their clothing :p

Then this afternoon there has been a spell of sleet and light snow for about 45 minutes from 1415-1500. Looked cool but no settling of snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

There has been both hail and snow showers throughout the day here and it is freezing!

Posted

Snow showers - light mostly here today.

Slight covering on the grass early this morning.

Sleet and hail showers yesterday afternoon 12th Feb

Now just cold and windy

Posted

Jst got back from a 175mile drive snow hunting! We went up the M6 to Brough and Appleby where there was a little snow on the fells, but had mostly melted at around 2.15pm, while we were there there was a sleet shower. We then drove across to penrith, then over shap to kendal, with only snow on the moutain tops, and pockets of drifted snow along fence lines. Then across to Windermere and over kirkstone pass, still no snow, but we gave a fell walker a lift bk to her car and she said the pass, had been inpassible this morning with snow and ice. We didnt manage any sledging :p , but the views of the mountains were stunning :p , i have some pictures which i'll post later. Regards, Cheeseburger.

Posted

I have just seen a sleet/wet snow shower, lasted 5 mins,

today, i have seen a rain/sleet/snow shower (not actually here, whilst i was on the road!!!) and 2 hail showers, aswell as the sleet shower i have just seen...

snowking

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Just been up to Moel Fammau (Mold/Ruthin) and there was a covering of snow there but then a stoopid ice shower came along and melted quite a bit of it. It hurt too!

Interesting thing is though, it was raining around the Mold, Ruthin area, then as we came into Heswall, what seemed like another ice shower hit. Very strange!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter, dry in summer.

Hi all,

Ended up with about 2 cm here in Hexham, northumberland this morning but only lasted about an hour as the day warmed up. Rained later on.

John

Posted

two 10 minute showers in wallington, surrey at about 1330 today. i was sitting in the pub recovering from sunday league when my friend said 'oh look, it's snowing.' i turned to tell him to shut up & was gearing up to be all self-righteous (considering myself the resident snow expert and all :p ), there it was, and all at about 6.0oC.

it was not sleet, nor hail, but bonafide snow. i have never seen ppn fall as snow at such high a temp. :p

nature, eh? :p

Edited by tasty_snacks

Guest Sir Seany

Last night at around quarter to two or 1:45am it was snowing in my area, but snow grains, not hail, but snowgrains. Then i woke up at about 9:45 and there was a slight covering on the ground!

Then we had a heavy snowstorm, of wet-snow as it didnt stick, at aroudn half past midday, till quarter past one. Went to Wales and there were snow grains there as well, as well as lots of accumulations on the mountains. Also in Wales there was sleet which turned to rain.

A very interesting day for wintry weather so far :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Hail showers after midnight and into the early hours of this morning.

Showers turned to snow by 0300 and became heavy for a while. 2cm lying snow by 0500 and 1.7cm at 0900. Snow thawed by midday.

A few light snow showers later a.m and early this afternoon before the temp' rose a couple of degrees.

T.M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Just had an isolated short hail/snow shower here

Posted

well as per usual, I jinxed us all and we have had bugger all, nice black clouds came across at one point, saw me and did a runner. hurumph :p

Posted

Had a snow shower this morning, then a little bit of sleet and rain in the afternoon.

We just don't seem to be getting much precipitation of any kind in the last few months, as each day passes I become more and more convinced that my town is in fact situated under a dome, a bit like that film with Jim Carrey in it.

Posted

Rain, sleet and snow showers here throughout the afternoon and evening, some heavy. No snow has settled though.