Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cambridgeshire Tornado (30 May)

matty8

Posted

The most amazing thing has just happend, it started off as just a funnel cloud and then went and then came back as a full on tornado in South East Cambridgeshire. I have some brilliant pictures which I will try to add for you all to see and will send some to the local news.

enjoy! Matt

post-124-1117450959_thumb.jpg

post-124-1117451003.jpg

post-124-1117451416.jpg

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

Wow, that's pretty awesome. You lucky person. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Bloody hell mate. Great pictures. :D:(

Posted

Nice one, keep us informed.

Don’t forget to post a storm report in the storm area Here

Posted

Damn cant view (except for thumb clips) get this message in firefox and explorer

The image “http://www.net-weather.co.uk/forum/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=3083” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors

for all pictures :(

Posted
Great pictures, lucky so and so  :(

Don't forget to submit it to TORRO here:- http://www.torro.org.uk/reports/default.asp

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes - please do record it into the TORRO database. Some cracking photos there and I wonder if you could go to the area where it may have been on the ground and check for any damage?

Looking forward to hearing more!

Cheers - John

Posted

Just had to post this, I have exclusive footage of this evenings BBC Cambridge news, they have kindly sent me the weather map that they are actually using for this tornadic event. :(

post-1641-1117455474_thumb.jpg

Posted

I couldn't get any video footage, sorry guys! I have emailed the meto and local bbc lookeast of the tornado and posted a report on torro.

Cheers,

Matt

Posted
Just had to post this, I have exclusive footage of this evenings BBC Cambridge news, they have kindly sent me the weather map that they are actually using for this tornadic event. :(

Are you sure that the 'tornado' is at the correct tilt there?

Guest Sir Seany
I couldn't get any video footage, sorry guys!  I have emailed the meto and local bbc lookeast of the tornado and posted a report on torro.

Cheers,

Matt

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If i saw a tornado i'd move quicker than a speeding bullet to get to my camcorder, did the tornado actually touch down on the ground, if not it was just a funnel/tuba cloud, still amazingly impressive, knowing me though i would have fought to get a better camera angle on the tornado :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

How cool, Nice capture d00d.

Seem to be getting a lot of reports this year.

Posted
If i saw a tornado i'd move quicker than a speeding bullet to get to my camcorder, did the tornado actually touch down on the ground, if not it was just a funnel/tuba cloud, still amazingly impressive, knowing me though i would have fought to get a better camera angle on the tornado :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It deffinatly touched ground Sir Seany, You could see the suction, absalutely amazing! Some relatives of mine have phoned to say they saw the tornado picking up dirt/ripping up crops and smashing into tree's, I hope it didn't go through any buildings/villages although it dosn't look like it did. To my mind though it looked pretty strong and at one point it was really quite wide so I would imagine it would have done quite a bit of damage to roof's and buildings if it had of encounted any.

post-124-1117456946.jpg

Edited by matty8

Posted

i wonder what the scale of the tornado was on the fujita scale. (if thats how you spell it!) considering it was half a mild wide!

Posted

This is looking more and more interesting. I've asked the TORRO membership from E England to respond, and hopefully we might get a site investigator on the trail. If we do I'll point them in your direction Matty if you don't mind!

Cheers - John

Posted

Wow, great pictures. Glad you reported it to TORRO Matty, and hopefully someone can get there to see what damage was caused on the ground, etc.

Guest Sir Seany
i wonder what the scale of the tornado was on the fujita scale. (if thats how you spell it!) considering it was half a mild wide!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It could be Half a Mile wide and cause about as much damage as those little whirlwinds you get town centre corners.

It could be 300ft wide and decimate the area it crosses as an F5.

Size can be deceiving ;)

Edited by Sir Seany