Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Cat 5 Hurricane Katrina

Posted
They only allow those who have medical problems, and are disabled to go there

apparently

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats even more shocking, you think that they'll try and save everyone they can and yet there only going for the disabled and Medically ill

Edited by Ryan M

Posted

New Orleans is such a low lying area apparently, so I wouldn't be surprised if flooding causes more destruction, than the winds themselves. The combination of both could prove very destructive. Good luck to anyone in the path of this hurricane.

Posted

everybody who needed to be evacuated was told to go the people left have stayed because they chose not to go. They have to put disabled who can't leave first then maybe they will allow others in after. anyway i think if there is a que outside the superbowl when this storm hits then they will just allow everybody in.

Posted
New Orleans is such a low lying area apparently, so I wouldn't be surprised if flooding causes more destruction, than the winds themselves.  The combination of both could prove very destructive.  Good luck to anyone in the path of this hurricane.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the latest reports suggest new orleans will be destroyed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

She says if she gets out of this she will sue him! Once she found she wasnt required, the fuel stations had run out of gas and the stores had closed down. So she really is trapped and finding it very scary. I know once I loose contact I shall worry until I hear from her again. She is a lady in her late 50's

Posted

The news said that the flood waters would remain for six months! And that the pumps needed to clear the water would, themselves, be submerged!

Edit - The mayor of New Orleans has just said it would take weeks. still a long time. He also said that it would take much longer to sort out the electricity supply. I just can't understand why people have chosen to stay.

Edited by flagpole

Posted
Wow - am now watching the live feed on wwl.tv.

That sky is so angry looking, lightning too. scary.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know, I've just been watching that, and the reporter had to cut short his newscast, because of an approaching thunderstorm.

Posted
Some people are staying to have hurricane parties :)   How stupid are the yanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

does that really need an answer :o

sorry no disrespect to our american friends on the forum :)

Edited by sesnow1

Posted
Wow - am now watching the live feed on wwl.tv.

That sky is so angry looking, lightning too. scary.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lightning live :o

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

If Hurricane Katrina is undergoing a eyewall replacement cycle, then it will probably bomb again afterward, this morning it dropped 20mb in 3 hours.

Posted
Some people are staying to have hurricane parties :)   How stupid are the yanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Only in America. :o Listening to Radio 5 live and there are people in New Orleans who are staying at home, in wooden houses. :)

Posted

Real stupid, other people are trying to survive this monster and you've got lunatics awaiting the hurricane, must have fell off the same tree as them surfers earlier on today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

I wouldn't be surprised some nutters pitches tents to watch it...

Kain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Well the yanks have had there WARNING!!!!

Some fools will remain there and want to surf the waves. Well they are going to die

Katrina likes surfing. 50-75Feet swell is likely to hit very soon

post-3297-1125265733.png

post-3297-1125265808.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

My friend says her lights are now flickering, so the power is about to go. she is 30 miles from the superdrome, so its not safe to get there. In the past she has been helping at the shelters, as she is a government employee. I will let you know if I hear from her again.

Posted
My friend says her lights are now flickering, so the power is about to go.  she is 30 miles from the superdrome, so its not safe to get there.  In the past she has been helping at the shelters, as she is a government employee.  I will let you know if I hear from her again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lets hope she and the rest of those left there are safe.