Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cat 5 Hurricane Katrina

Posted

A live feed from inside the Superdome is suggesting only 1/12th of the roof has come off??

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted

WAPT 16 says only one twelve of roof missing..have reporter looking up at daylight with rain falling in. Whereas WDSU says the roof is almost completely off!!

Typical yank reporting..no-one knows!

Posted

Yes its 1/12th,however when you think that one part has gone,there is nothing that won't stop the rest of it from comning of if they get a very large wind gust,I suspect the very worst from the eyewall is soon going to pass to the north-west of the region,but still expect very heavy rain and wind gusts of 100-120mph in the area for another 60-90 minutes before the worst moves of to the north,to be replaced by stil lfairly heavy rain,but weaker southern side of the system.

Pinball Wizard,the way I think of it is a severe depression,then add another 50-60mph on top of that.

Posted

Qoute:Pinball Wizard,the way I think of it is a severe depression,then add another 50-60mph on top of that.

So it's a CAT4 hurricane then KW!!

sorry, mate..couldn't resist :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

According to Fox, the superdome is fine, it's just leaking abit.

Kain

Posted

They are saying that it is only the lining that has come off the superdome and the structure is still ok but it is leaking a bit of water.

Posted

Hotel has collapsed in Harvey LA People trapped including children

Edited by Kane

Posted

Is it just me or is this thread taking ages to refresh, I have BB but it is still taking a while, should we start a new one?

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

Seems fine here.

Kane - where did you hear that?

Posted

Report on Fox

Kain

Posted

Causeway camara,the only one that is still standing clsoe to New Orleans is now showing near whiteout condtions,which indicates extreme rainfall,probably upwards of 2-3 ibches a hour coupled with winds of hurricane force.

Bay st Louis should see the worst winds and rain from the oncoming eyewall in the next hour or so as the eye contniues to head northward and fill in more as more and more land interaction occurs.Infact I suspect this may wlel give Andrew a challange of the most costiliest storm ever,30 billion dollars of worth of damage is possible I suspect based on landfall winds of 145mph.

ps,yes i heard about the building as well,expect many properties to have no roof and probably some bad flooding and some ruined houses and buildings as well as major repairs on many buildings are likely when the storm moves on.It certainly hasn't destroyed New Orleans,but its has made a real mess and hopefully a wake up call the =at New Orleans can take major hits still,be it rare,one day in the future,be it a month or 30 years down the line this threat wil leventually emerge once again,as will the major hurricane heading for New York....

Edited by kold weather

Posted
Mine's the same Kaz the Firefox circle keeps going round!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah trouble is everytime i press refresh it has to load up all 44 pages, will have to come off if this continues :)

Every time i come onto this thread,my pc keeps bloody crashing on me!!! :):)

FOX are saying that the Superdome structure is still intact but is springing a few nasty leaks. Just prey that it stays intact or it wont be worth thinking about with all those people inside it.

Posted
yeah trouble is everytime i press refresh it has to load up all 44 pages, will have to come off if this continues  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So ammend your forum settings to display the forum default which will be a page at a time.

As it happens, the only delay i'm seeing is with people who have a firefox logo in their sigs.. individual pages are loading fine but its stalling with "waiting for images.spreadfirefox.com".

Carl

Posted
yeah trouble is everytime i press refresh it has to load up all 44 pages, will have to come off if this continues  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Page refresh is less than 1 sec. here. Telewest Blueyonder BB 1 Meg.

Posted

No problem loading here either, Wanadoo BB 1meg

Kain