Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Wilma Watching

Posted

Actually, I thought she would lose her shape a lot more than she has.

The big question now is: how much land will she "fall" onto, and how much will that weaken her, cos the implications are quite profound for Florida.

Smich

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted
http://www.hurricanehunters.com/wilma.htm

anyone seen this good link??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Everyone, check out beka's link above - it's terrific. As the plane entered the eye, it dropped 2600 feet!!!!!! :lol:

Amazing insight into the job those crazy fools do

Smich

Posted
Everyone, check out beka's link above - it's terrific. As the plane entered the eye, it dropped 2600 feet!!!!!! :lol:

Amazing insight into the job those crazy fools do

Smich

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yea on that site DO DO DO Take the cyberflight into the eye - it is amazing!!!!! I wish I could do that one day ... DONT MISS IT!!!!!

Posted
I am going be Watching Wilma all weekend on fox news

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So will I, the only thing that anoys me is the music to the now and tomorrow weather forcasts!!!

:lol:

Back on topic, good post Kw..

Hate to image what Cozumel will look like in the coming hours...devastation is the only word i can think off :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

this is what it looks like....

but as youve seen them im saving the space...

thanks sb

Steve.....

Posted

VORTEX DATA MESSAGE

A. 21/19:01:40Z

B. 20 deg 22 min N

086 deg 42 min W

C. 700 mb 2452 m

D. NA kt

E. NA deg nm

F. 235 deg 112 kt

G. 139 deg 031 nm

H. 927 mb

I. 9 C/ 3044 m

J. 17 C/ 3048 m

K. 17 C/ NA

L. CLOSED WALL

M. C25

N. 12345/ 7

O. 0.02 / 1 nm

P. AF305 1524A Wilma OB 15

MAX FL WIND 116 KT N QUAD 17:24:50 Z

Posted

I fear that when Wilma has finished there the destruction will be many many times worse than those pics, it is awesome to see a storm like this in full flow, but not when lives are at risk and so many livelyhoods effected. We've seen enough of this this year.

Could take some time before we get word of how they fare on the Yucatan I think.

I am sure you will all join me in thoughts and send blessings to them all.

Posted
I fear that when Wilma has finished there the destruction will be many many times worse than those pics, it is awesome to see a storm like this in full flow, but not when lives are at risk and so many livelyhoods effected. We've seen enough of this this year.

Could take some time before we get word of how they fare on the Yucatan I think.

I am sure you will all join me in thoughts and send blessings to them all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good call SnowBear, its all fine and well us getting 'excited' about it but theres people dying right now because of this storm. on the thread the other day somebody was criticised for talking about the 'human cull' of bird flu, some of those same people who were quick to criticise are lapping up this storm, strikes me as being a bit hypocritical.

Posted
You can clearly see it took a northwards wobble just over Cozumel Island, then kinda westward again as it interacted. http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/GOES/FLT/T1/FT_loop.html

I've no idea what happens next :lol: ...seems to have stalled too (in two minds about what she does next)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If its stalled it must be a female hurricane :(

Posted
AB

If you look back at the image, the rainbow scale at the bottom suggests to me that it is, as you would expect, dead calm and tranquil (eerie). Light rain, that'll be about it. Around the eyewall MUST be almighty frightening right now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for replying earlier Mondy.

Posted

Calling Mr Mondy do you have links to other news channels or even entertainment channels that are free on the net you gave me a few before and now ive got people asking me for all manner of american channels any channels would be much appreciated

regards

karlson!!!!!!! :lol:

Posted

The NHc has been forecasting the slow down for a little while now Mondy.Reason is for the time-being anyway Wilma is in light steering currents.The north-ward tug we saw this morning is all due tothe trough.Now this has moved out of the way to the east of the system and there is now a very slight ridge in place which is pretty much keeping it slowly going North-westwards.This has caused the steering patterns to be weak and it'll stay this way for the next 24hrs I'd suspect until the next major trough dips down and picks up Wilma and shoves it to the Ne/ENE and while that occurs it'll speed up as the steering current gets stronger.

The wobbles are to be expected though as any minor feature it'll 'feel' and cause it to wobble,be it a slight trough or ridge will shift it and even convective bursts and inner core changes can cause wobbles in certain directions.It may well be on a northward wobble again by the looks of things and it may well have stalled as well or at least drastically slowed.I'm with snowbear though,that entire area must have been hit and still is onland very hard by the western eyewall,granted its probably the weaker side its still packing cat-3 winds and very heavy rain.

Posted
Calling Mr Mondy do you have links to other news channels or even entertainment channels that are free on the net you gave me a few before and now ive got people asking me for all manner of american channels any channels would be much appreciated

regards

karlson!!!!!!! :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: em, the one's posted on the links thread are crap tbh..

Now Wilma's probably heading to Florida a lot more will become available.

I've still kept all the Katrina TV feeds in me' files, but as yet, not a lot happening with the Florida feeds (they all tend to integrate with one another)..

EDIT: http://eyenet.wm.llnwd.net/eyenet_livenews1 (nothing yet, but bookmark all the same) ;)

EDIT2: This is easier (windows media player btw)

mms://eyenet.wm.llnwd.net/eyenet_livenews1 -------you'll need to copy and paste that url though..

Posted

Ermmmm, big deteriation(sp?) in Cancun

http://stormcarib.com/reports/2005/mexico.shtml

Entry:

Photo Update (3PM CDT) 

From: "Kevin Alexander Murcko" <cancunkev at hotmail.com>

Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 14:58:21 -0600

has pics

Archived