Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Storm Reports 22nd July 2006

Posted

Anyone have any trees down?

Driving into work today one large tree down and lots of debris including a few large branches.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together
Who broke the Met Office site?! Or is it just my computer that won't open the page? I've been desperately trying to view the radar sequence for this afternoon, as we had an exceptionally heavy rainstorm at around 2pm this afternoon here in Oxford, accompanied by some thunder and lightning. Roads became rivers for a while. Anyone know where I can find a radar animation for this afternoon to track the storm that passed over?

Bilz...i can confirm the storm in Oxford....saw it over Oxford from the A4074 as it was about to send its deluge ontop off Oxford. Plenty of fork lightening, and the rain was torrential..incredible...have some photies but will have to post tomorrow. the shopping centre in Oxford was flooded and shops had to be shut down....we measured approx 50mm of rain from the storm...

http://www.thisisoxfordshire.co.uk/news/ti..._rain_falls.php

Posted

I have just returned home from a week of canoing and wood time. We had some 3 nice big cells pass over us during Saturday the 22nd.

The first was around 3am

the second was around the 11am

and the last was in the early afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Still/Hot or extremes. Fog/Damp etc boring...

DSCN3841.jpg

There are many many photos like this from the show I was at, lots of tents and gazzebos went flying, I've personally never whitnessed anything quite so dramatic from English climate before.

Ed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together
DSCN3841.jpg

There are many many photos like this from the show I was at, lots of tents and gazzebos went flying, I've personally never whitnessed anything quite so dramatic from English climate before.

Ed

great pic..where was the show?

Posted

Very late entry (sorry) very active storm early Saturday morning, about half 3ish and another in East Grinstead about 1 only lasted about half an hour, but was lots of fork lightening :blink:

Posted

Thats just what the sky looked like from my back garden in Swindon at about 1 o'clock on Saturday. Pitch black with like a rolling layer of lower cloud. Garden furniture went flying and rain like i've never seen before. Judging by the sheets of rain that went past my window i would estimate about 40 mph gusts.

Posted

Massive display of fork lightning here to the west around 9.30. pm probably near Nairn as I think the storm came from the foothills of the Caingorms down the Nairn river valley. No rain here just east of Nairn but the radar does seem to show a downpour to the west of here.

Posted

some clouds moved over here in the past 30mins...very muggy now, wasn't this close earlier...hoping for somethin this evening, not holding out for anythin but sure hope there is somethin tomorrow...