Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm reports 11/09 - 15/09

Paul

Posted

here is some pics i took today of the storms first couple are from about 7pm and the dark ones are from about 1 hr ago, sorry that the dark ones arent great but i was leaning on a fence! but hopefully gives u an ideapost-1331-1158181135_thumb.jpgpost-1331-1158181184_thumb.jpgpost-1331-1158181210.jpgpost-1331-1158181239_thumb.jpgpost-1331-1158181273.jpg

Posted

this was taken half an hour ago.

13sep06bm2.jpg

At the beginning non-stop lightning. Rarely been in a storm with so much lightning. Most of it appeared cloud-to-cloud lightning. And perhaps the storm clouds were high up because despite the strobe effect outside it wasn't as loud as I expected. Great stuff though!

Posted

Oops, didn't notice this thread. I just posted a pic of tonight's storms over Essex in MCT's thread in the photo section from a few days ago. But here it is again anyway. Lots of lightning, but always in the wrong place for the camera and just as I was about to press the shutter button or while it was counting down the self-timer. Doh! :o Managed to get this strike just on the edge of the frame though.

post-2999-1158182196.jpg

Any more to come tonight or is that it?

Posted
Just down the road from you Atlantic, What a Storm eh, reminded me of the 80's

Paul Sherman

Totally. I don't think I've witnessed a storm in England like it. Rather overdue here as we've not really had a storm all summer, and none last summer either.

Seems like we got peppered good!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

A great storm. 2nd of night. Went to beach to watch first one at about 7pm. I know my son will rememebr tonights one for a long time to come!

:o

Oops, didn't notice this thread. I just posted a pic of tonight's storms over Essex in MCT's thread in the photo section from a few days ago. But here it is again anyway. Lots of lightning, but always in the wrong place for the camera and just as I was about to press the shutter button or while it was counting down the self-timer. Doh! :o Managed to get this strike just on the edge of the frame though.

post-2999-1158182196.jpg

Hi :o Drove down your road earlier. We went to East Beach to watch storm

Posted
A great storm. 2nd of night. Went to beach to watch first one at about 7pm. I know my son will rememebr tonights one for a long time to come!

Hi :o Drove down your road earlier. We went to East Beach to watch storm

I think that strike I photographed must have been right over your house, Eve. I had the camera too far to the right but most of the action seemed to be more your way and to the north, over the Crouch.

Posted

post-2999-1158182196.jpg

Oh yes much more to come :o :o

Paul S

Posted
Oh yes much more to come :o :o

Paul S

I'll keep the camera handy then. :) I might even get a big one out, in a manner of speaking. :o

I just hope all the rain hasn't buggered our new block paving. They cemented all the edges today and finished sanding between the bricks. Probably all washed away. :o You must have seen the mess the builders haven't cleared up yet when you drove past, Eve. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything
I'll keep the camera handy then. :D I might even get a big one out, in a manner of speaking. :o

I just hope all the rain hasn't buggered our new block paving. They cemented all the edges today and finished sanding between the bricks. Probably all washed away. :o You must have seen the mess the builders haven't cleared up yet when you drove past, Eve. :o

Lol. It was floating off down by the renown when I drove past. Wondered who it all belonged to

Edited by eveeeinessex

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

2 main storms here so far 2nite...and i think thats our lot for the night. Both had tonnes and tonnes of spectacular lightning and loud thunder...and torrential rain too. Love it :o

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Best storm of the year by a long shot passed through around 9-9.30pm, lightning every few seconds with some amazing anvil crawlers and branched cgs, very heavy tropical style rain and gusty wind to boot, no hail though. All gone quiet now.

Posted

Storm has come back with a vengence now! Torrential rain and its only been back about 10 minutes, knocked the Sky signal again! Bright lightning and loud thunder.

Callie :o

Posted

Great storm here tonight from 2100 to 2200, most of the lightning seemed to be way up in the clouds with torrential rain (pond now full up again!) as the storm moved N-NE towards south woodham/chelmsford great display of lightning. Best storm for years, hope there's more to come.

Posted

Got a pretty good set of violent storms moving toward the london area. Frequent lightning and there were huge anvil crawlers about 2 hrs ago on the first storms. What a night. Gona be a long one. Seeing more lightning as i type. Its gona be fun. WAHEY!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

Fantastic - thunder and lightning almost continual here !! LOVE IT !!

This is the best storm all year and its getting better ! I swear the rumbling hasn't stopped now for about 15 minutes.. Nor the lightning

Posted

Rain like stair rods here for a while, loads of thunder and lightning too.

Currently at work in the City of London :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

We had a thunderstom here on the 12th few rumbles of thunder and 8 flashes of lightning.

Soz its bit late been busy.Im doing my first aid couse for st johns.First aid at work 1 more day to go.Exam friday. :o

Edited by roberthines

Posted

Well i dJayed last night down the road from me while all this fantastic weather hit. Did pop out during the session to watch the lightning. And can count 2 storms hit while i was working, which is a damn pity.. cause it looked liked i missed a good show. :(

Posted

had storms to the east and west of me most of yesterday evening then at around 11.30pm had the best storm I have seen since I was a kid only lasted half an hour but it was constant thunder and lightning, it was totally awesome