Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm reports 11/09 - 15/09

Paul

Posted

rather intense storm around 7:15pm, gave some rather heavy intense rainfall, and some very gusty winds, rain was being blown up a hill!

lightning was quite intense too with some large rumbles of thunder,

Posted

FAO The Pit:

Shows you how a short distance makes all the difference. My brother is 3 miles away in aston and had no rain at all where as my sister is 4 mniles the other way in meadowhead and has been flooded out, and so has the pub she works at on the roundabout. Both report severe CG lightning.

Only occasional lightning now and steady moderate rain.

Edited by stumathers

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
FAO The Pit:

Shows you how a short distance makes all the difference. My brother is 3 miles away in aston and had no rain at all where as my sister is 4 mniles the other way in meadowhead and has been flooded out, and so has the pub she works at on the roundabout. Both report severe CG lightning.

Just live a mile away from Meadowhead. Hardly any lightning and the rain has stopped at the present time.

Posted
Not a bad lightning display. Overall a fairly weak storm but I'd still place it 2nd best of the year. Rainfall wise nothing much to talk about 4mm over an hour period so a long way from a monsoon. Still very warm though. So if you're walking in it you probably don't mind the odd spot of rain.
Just live a mile away from Meadowhead. Hardly any lightning and the rain has stopped at the present time.

I thought you did. Due to the horizontal nature of alot of the rain that fell, (wind blown) the chances are that alot of rain gauges didnt record an accurate account of the rain that fell.

Posted
I thought you did. Due to the horizontal nature of alot of the rain that fell, (wind blown) the chances are that alot of rain gauges didnt record an accurate account of the rain that fell.

We peaked at 30 mph and it didn't rain that much here just one short burst mainly. At Eight Thirty I was outside putting the rubbish in the Wheelie bin without a T Shirt as it was that warm hardly a spot fell on me.

Got a friend who lives at Meadowhead just a few yards from the Petrol station. I'll ask him tomorrow morning at work.

Edited by The PIT

Posted

just had our first flash of lightening and some thunder .might get something afterall mark,christ its warm out there 17.4c at present and its just starting to rain :D

lightening to our south, now currently seems to be over the bishop auckland area at the moment.so if on a northerley tract we might get something yet.steady rain now also.

heavy rain now with thunder and lightning still about 20 or so miles away but looking at the radar,its comming overhead postcode dh8 8hu

Posted

Thunder and lightning started about 10-15 pm and some of the flashes were outstanding-fork lightning cloud to cloud and cloud to ground with sheet as well.the storm seems to have eased but it has just started to rain very heavily with an increasing wind. 11-40 pm-all quiet now.

Edited by Rollo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

That was an amazing storm :D

Easily the best this year with plenty of lightning, thunder and heavy rain.

My photos are here

http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?showtopic=32675

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms
Not a bad lightning display. Overall a fairly weak storm but I'd still place it 2nd best of the year. Rainfall wise nothing much to talk about 4mm over an hour period so a long way from a monsoon. Still very warm though. So if you're walking in it you probably don't mind the odd spot of rain.
FAO The Pit:

I have the same here in dronfield 2 miles from meadowhead dronfield bottom was awash the rain was so powerful with the wind, she could not see a thing and the car was rocking it scared the living daylights out of her, i had to help her out the car it took me literally 15 seconds to get to the car and get some bags and back to the house and i looked like a drowned rat.

The lightning was amazing the forked lightning looked like it hit apperknowle hill my bedroom faces the hill, and it really did look like it did, the lightning was immense i have not seen lightning like that for about 2-3 years, when we last had 2 or 3 sever storms in a week that flooded dronfield bottom the lightning seemed constant and was lighting up our house.

the rain looked like it was going sideways the only time i have seen rain like that was in the storms of august 2-3 years ago it was like being in a tropical moonsoon.

My mum said when she was on the way to the shops, she got out the car it was so hot+humid she was sweating like mad and the next minute boom it all went mad.

the first i new of it was when my partner goes look out the window its hammering it down and i can see flashes i didn't think it was lightning till a massive bolt of forked lightning lit up the sky quite a storm we had and certainly took me by suprise.

Edited by Derbyshire_snow

Posted
Well not excatly a storm but its raining here quite heavily right now and I have heard one rumble of thunder. Just the one !

That ones hitting me now.. about 3 flashes.. so it pepped up a bit ;)

Posted

Confirmed about Meadowhead. Mate was taking some plasterboard back which is now rather soggy and drying off in his garage.

No sign of any heavy rain walking to work so Iguess Thunder rain being thunder rain it was very localised.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Short but intense thunderstorm yesterday evening between about 8.0-8.30 p.m. 10.8mm rain and a max' gust of 46 mph.

Unfortunately I missed the whole event as, having felt ill all day with some sort of sickness bug, I was fast asleep.

Damn!

T.M

Posted

A few rumbles mixed in with the rain at around 4am, then another storm at around 7am, this time with the odd flash of lightning

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Paul Sherman and I went on a chase down to the South coast last night and watched storm approach Bognor Regis from the Sea as we stood on the Beach - some great anvil crawlers seen, some torrential downpours when it came overhead with flooding on roads, so we headed back inland to try and get out the rain core. Managed to get North East of it up on the South Downs and saw an amazing Cg down towards the coast.

Posted
  • Location: Crayford the no interesting weather zone of Kent, (20m asl)
  • Location: Crayford the no interesting weather zone of Kent, (20m asl)

heavy rain last night around 4am-ish and then thunder n lightning at 6:30am with a very heavy downpour in west kingsdown, kent, road looked like I was driving on a lake!! :whistling: