Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm reports 11/09 - 15/09

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fog, Drizzle, Rain, Wind and Thunderstorms

Small cell producing sporadic CG lightning and a heavy shower of rain. Just appeared out of nowhere!

Posted

Ah! I wondered where the storm reports thread was :blink:

1st thunderstorm of the day kicked off here about half hour ago - heavy rain followed by thunder just after 14z - cell moving NNE - as also reported by James above :lol:

Posted

Seems to be some electrical activity following me from Salisbury to Home..rain is a coming doon

Posted

Very active thunderstorm over swindon atm. Started about an hour ago with heavy rainfall and lots of lightning a few were CG's. Still thundering now. Just when you think the storm is moving away, we get another strike overhead. I'm not sure if this storm moved up from the south or where it came from. I've been down in Bournemouth all day and literally got back just as this storm kicked off! I never passed through anything during the journey home.

Posted

We've a small storm passing over us, at the moment. It's a fairly weak affair, though, with only limited amounts of lightning and heavyish rainfall. Very dark here, mind!

Posted

Westbury had a brief downpour and a few close flashes and rumbles between 16.45 and 17.30. The interesting thing was how I could hear the thunder moving into the main storm area that went over Salisbury Plain. It started loudly and then rumbled away into the distance.

Posted

Very lively storm today between 17.30 and 18.15.Lots of torrential rain with flooding.Lots of overhead CGs and booming thunder! Rain has stopped now, just wet and cloudy as dusk approaches.

Posted

Absolutely pelting it down, with lightening every 10-30 seconds. Thunder still only distant.

It seems we may be under the red patch on the METO radar, just to the nne of Birmingham.

Best storm of the summer for here :)

Check that again....its like a tropical storm outside. The winds have really picked up :)

Posted
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012

Yes one big storm at this moment, lighting every 3 or 4 seconds now, very heavy rain and almost pitch black, must agree the best storm of the year. :)

Posted

Sounds like you have the same Paul (Well being Burton I suppose you would :) ). Lightening just manic...thunder excesively loud...rain just dropping down like anything.

Actually...surprised my internet connection hasnt gone.

Posted

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We jsut had a tornado in Derby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kids freaking out cats gone nuts,weather horrendous, doors sucking my hands off...

Panic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never, ever seen anything like this in my life..its fantastic WOW

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012
Sounds like you have the same Paul (Well being Burton I suppose you would :) ). Lightening just manic...thunder excesively loud...rain just dropping down like anything.

Actually...surprised my internet connection hasnt gone.

Hi Chris, yes this is amazing tonight, must be bad if tornados are around the area, re: torzcoopers post, have not seen any about here.

My Internet conection is on and off, mught just manage to post this if i type quick lol.

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, Windy at the coast.

Just had a flash and thunder here, no rain yet.

Posted

Massive storm approaching sheffield from the south. Increasing CG lightning 6-10 per min and this seems to have brought some very humid air infront of it.

Posted

In our earlier storm my mate has called to tell me the house behind him was hit by lightning :) Some of the roof has fallen in and the fire brigade are in attendance.I distinctly remember the huge flash about 18.30 and a huge boom.This house is about 1 mile from me! Might try to get some pics tomorrow. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
Absolutely pelting it down, with lightening every 10-30 seconds. Thunder still only distant.

It seems we may be under the red patch on the METO radar, just to the nne of Birmingham.

Best storm of the summer for here :)

Check that again....its like a tropical storm outside. The winds have really picked up :)

hi chris..... what a corker!!!!

that was the best storm weve had here for many many years..

just like storms of my youth.... it went black, very black (ok its dusk)

the thunder and lightening was frequent and violent with plenty of cloud-ground

the rain was monsoon like, and the gusty wind was fierce, driving the rain in sheets.

for me, it was a storm to remember, a proper 'old fashioned' storm that i used to get in the 60's early 70's. none of the left trouser leg poor thunder that has been the norm for 30 years, but a decent, strong, storm that did its job and lived upto its name.... at long last!

Posted
If a storm affects your area today, please remember to report it into the storm reports thread:

http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?showtopic=32653

The report threads are all saved in order to build up an archive of storm reports :)

Cracking storm ~ 5.30 - 6.30 over North Swindon today.

Good old fashioned fork lightning and almost immediate tremendous thunder not seen this for a few years. Torrential rain of course.

All stopped by ~ 7pm.

I had one or two "Hal" moments........i.e on Malcolm in Middle Hal does the odd high pitched scream when scared........maybe you have got to have watched it a lot to know what i mean.

Posted
hi chris..... what a corker!!!!

that was the best storm weve had here for many many years..

just like storms of my youth.... it went black, very black (ok its dusk)

the thunder and lightening was frequent and violent with plenty of cloud-ground

the rain was monsoon like, and the gusty wind was fierce, driving the rain in sheets.

for me, it was a storm to remember, a proper 'old fashioned' storm that i used to get in the 60's early 70's. none of the left trouser leg poor thunder that has been the norm for 30 years, but a decent, strong, storm that did its job and lived upto its name.... at long last!

Just getting the monsoon. Horizontal and torrential!

Posted

Flippin 'eck Tucker, that rocked

was out on Bikes with me 8 year old lad, Just got back to me camper in time, we were about a miles west of Torz,

out on the country roads,,,,,,,

Fallen branches, flooded roads and me lad saw his 1st forked lightening....

He's now busy drawin a Piccy for Torz and I for our bedroom :)

Posted
Just getting the monsoon. Horizontal and torrential!

Very frequent lightning seemingly coming from all directions so must be overhead yet the thunder sounds distant.Sporadic bursts of heavy raining lasting 30 seconds or so before stopping then starting again

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Not a bad lightning display. Overall a fairly weak storm but I'd still place it 2nd best of the year. Rainfall wise nothing much to talk about 4mm over an hour period so a long way from a monsoon. Still very warm though. So if you're walking in it you probably don't mind the odd spot of rain.

Edited by The PIT