Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm reports 11/09 - 15/09

Paul

Posted

Oh Jesus i had a monster storm yesterday night, I was out down Brentwood with my father and we got caught in a monster 1hr thunderstorm, with the rural roads become quite flooded. However it was the IC lightning display that was the best, had a bolt of lightning just yards away which caused the shotgun thunder which made me jump!

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Briefish storm early this afternoon. At one time really belted it down but in the end only added 5mm to the overnight rainfall.

During that time my Mobile Phone died My router lost it's internet connection and my PC refused to boot until it had some coaxing. The phone is still dead. Surge??? Well I've got surge protectors.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Heavy rain started about 16:00 with a few flashes and rumbles, wasn't that close though.

That cleared away and I think theres something else lurking in the south, I can hear the occasional rumble.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

A nasty storm in Leeds at 3pm ish with a Tornado and damage, 3 miles from where I live http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_yo...ire/5347064.stm

Same storm passed through Bradford with local flooding. I'm not sure where it came from as I was in Bradford driving at the time.

Edited by Stelmer

Posted

Been a stormy day all told for me.

7.2mm of rain between 03.15 and 04.30

9.0mm of rain between 08.00 and 09.15

4.8mm of rain between 17.00 and 18.00

giving a total for the day so far of 21.2 mm

I also caught this mornings storm at work in Hungerford, Berks where we had torrential rain for a few hours and 3 or 4 very close cloud to ground strikes. Pretty good considering we missed the main storms last night.

Steve

Posted

We had a thunder storm pass over last night about midnight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Spell of heavy or very heavy rain between 1350 and 1420 with a few rumbles of thunder and a flash of lightning. About 14mm fell during this time.

Tornado reported from the outskirts of Derby, off to investigate tomorrow.

T.M

Posted

Extremely freaky weather today , first our work warehouse was hit by lightning !! , me and a work mate sh*t ourselves. Instantanous flash and loud bang rain and winds like i have never seen before. Then on my drive home I had to drive through the tornado damage , genuinely looked like something from TV news when you see the aftermath of a US hurricane. Hundreds of trees and branches strewn everywhere ... roof tiles and other debris all over the place ... even a friends house has half its roof tiles missing.

30 minutes of mayhem !!

Posted

Had one flash of lightning and one rumble of thunder at about 7pm tonight - storm #3 of the year :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Had thunderstorm here at around 6:10pm.Lots of thunder and lighting and very heavy rain.

Lasted 32 mins before it went out to north sea.Best storm i have had for this year :)

Posted

A couple of belated storm reports from a short break in Norfolk.

First storm from approximately 3am until 4.30am on Wednesday 13th September. Power off from approx. 2am until 8am! Flashes of lightning every 10-15 seconds or so at its peak and one very close strike with an immediate crack following it!

Second storm from around 9pm on 13th for around 2 hours or so. Managed some lightning shots from this one. Not quite as intense as the earlier one though.

Posted
Had thunderstorm here at around 6:10pm.Lots of thunder and lighting and very heavy rain.

Lasted 32 mins before it went out to north sea.Best storm i have had for this year :blush:

Can only second that. The storm that entered Durham City from the south-east featured some of the most viscious squalls I have ever seen from a storm. At one point I could feel the house shaking from the force of the wind and I was actually scared. Some nice lightning too, but I reckon the downpours killed it.