Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Weather Action Blizzard Forecast...

Posted

Its a new labour plot,I believe his brother is an MP-way out to the left and as accurate in his political views as old piers is with the weather at the moment.

Posted

Hey, let me have a kick at Piers, it sure beats getting kicked for inventing that 970 mb low north of Scotland and having it one degree warmer than I thought eight years ago. :)

Posted

Another day another load of Bull*hit.................Now the Metro have jumped on the Bandwagon with a page devoted to next weeks Snow and Ice that they say will hit the country, again our old friend Mr Corbyn stars in this article, someone better let the MODELS Know about next week as they are having none of it :unknw:

Paul Sherman

Posted

Perhaps looking at the 12z GFS the headline should read

MASSIVE WINDSTORMS SET TO BATTER BRITISH ISLES NEXT WEEK

-----------------------------------

Parts of Ireland and Scotland could see hurricane force winds on Tuesday and Wednesday, and northern England and Wales almost as strong, due to a very deep low pressure area set to form near Rockall, the other Danish island nobody ever visits.

Canadian mystic, astrologer, bon vivant, and mystic (oh we said that already) Rudyard K. Smythe said from his dwelling in a mountain cave overlooking the Specific Ocean that "if you combine the letters G, F and S with the words reliable time frame, you might want to be moving your expensive yacht out of Galway harbour about now." He also babbled on about the position of Mars and the mystery number 950.

Posted

Just emailed this to the Express.. should be a good read in the morning... :);)

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Parts of Ireland and Scotland could see hurricane force winds on Tuesday and Wednesday, and northern England and Wales almost as strong, due to a very deep low pressure area set to form near Rockall, the other Danish island nobody ever visits.

Canadian mystic, astrologer, bon vivant, and mystic (oh we said that already) Rudyard K. Smythe said from his dwelling in a mountain cave overlooking the Specific Ocean that "if you combine the letters G, F and S with the words reliable time frame, you might want to be moving your expensive yacht out of Galway harbour about now." He also babbled on about the position of Mars and the mystery number 950.

LOL very good.

Talking about big freeze it's made it too the local Meto paper. My work collegue started on about it and I went Bull Bull Bull. Somehow the quotes got aligned with the Meto somehow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder storms and hot summer days with a cool breeze

I've just heard on Talksport that freezing conditions and blizzards are forecast from next Wednesday onwards. Have I missed something or is this the normal woeful, sensationalist forecasting we always hear this time of year? :unknw:

Posted

IMO it is hopecasting, but that's not to say we wont see anything wintery next week, there could be a chance of something but most likely on the hills in the north.

hard to say anything for certain at the mo.

Who knows, we may yet all be proven wrong and we will see -18C and blizzards over the next few weeks, dogs freezing to lamposts throughtout the country :unknw:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer, warm - Winter, snow

Magic Fm London, also talking about a cold snap from next Wednesday??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

snow on northern hills maybe, i see nothing in any chart that even comes close to blizzards.

Posted
snow on northern hills maybe, i see nothing in any chart that even comes close to blizzards.

I know its so annoying when the media start touting the end of the world is nigh rubbish.

What really bugs though is that when the world is still spinning and we haven't all died of hyperthermia

they never go "oops sorry our mistake".

Anyway, apologies rant over.

Edited by Bofh

Posted
IMO it is hopecasting, but that's not to say we wont see anything wintery next week, there could be a chance of something but most likely on the hills in the north.

hard to say anything for certain at the mo.

Who knows, we may yet all be proven wrong and we will see -18C and blizzards over the next few weeks, dogs freezing to lamposts throughtout the country :unknw:

I've heard talk on Fen FM about blizzards for the end of next week also, I wouldn't say it's hopecasting though, I think people on this site are in the minority wanting freezing conditions. I must admit although I'd like something more seasonal my gas bill is looking very good for this quarter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Tops of Scottish hills poss but it's in FI land and if GFS runs to form will be downgraded nearer the time.

Posted

Expect the amount of people on this website to increase by a couple of hundred soon. It's all over the TV and radio at the moment about arctic conditions hitting the UK from the middle of next week. Where has this suddenly come from?

Posted

I posted something, (an article) on the model thread the other day from my local paper, the evening star which said that temperatures would hit -12c and there would be harsh conditions. I think they've accidently printed antarctica's weather instead of ours.

Posted
I've just heard on Talksport that freezing conditions and blizzards are forecast from next Wednesday onwards. Have I missed something or is this the normal woeful, sensationalist forecasting we always hear this time of year? :cc_confused:

Dear oh dear guys This info from all the radio stations broadcast today was from weather action..... Piers Corbyn's.

Snow will only fall mainly for hills in scotland.... The gfs only has the -5 air in northern scotland in the reliable time frame.

Edited by ChrisL
Unrequired comments

Posted

From WeatherAction website

Weather Action forecasts are the only Long Range forecasts which have proven skill - verified by independent academic statisticians and published in scientific peer-reviewed literature (see below).

hahahahahahahahahahahaha :cc_confused:

Posted
From WeatherAction website

Weather Action forecasts are the only Long Range forecasts which have proven skill - verified by independent academic statisticians and published in scientific peer-reviewed literature (see below).

hahahahahahahahahahahaha :cc_confused:

The Ensembles show a cooler snap, but nothing to suggest anything thats being spoke off. The 10th does look to have a tiniest amount of potential but certainly nothing like being mentioned.

I only imagined some snow showers in the NW of Scotland, not raging blizzards.

But at least its something exciting to dream about!!!

Posted

Piers is going to cause problems if he continues to issue these forecasts.

Suppose later on a real blizzard does look possible and warnings are issued by the Met Office. What will happen is the public will take no notice and get caught out. Doesn't Piers use the solar system for his forecasts?

Edited by ChrisL
Unrequired Comments

Posted
This is ridiculous - I can't see any signs for this - although it will be a mite windy up north!

Where is he getting this from?

Piers doesn't look at charts. He makes it up based on a mysterious prediction of solar activity. That's how he predicted the blizzards at the end of last november and the severe storms a week before Christmas ... :cc_confused: :unsure:

Posted
Piers doesn't look at charts. He makes it up based on a mysterious prediction of solar activity. That's how he predicted the blizzards at the end of last november and the severe storms a week before Christmas ... :cc_confused: :unsure:

Didn't he claim a success for the Dec storms because of the tornado that hit London :lol: .

No doubt he will do the same for next week when a snow flake falls on the summit of Ben Nevis :lol: