Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Weather Action Blizzard Forecast...

Posted
...Most of the snow in the UK exists in the minds of those wishing it and so it is with these 'sensational' forcasts. They are a bit of 'mind candy' for the masses. ...

Great line. If ever I write a guide book to Britain I'll have to remembe that when I get to "T".

Posted
  • Location: Head in the clouds somewhere near Avondale, West Auckland
  • Weather Preferences: Storm-force northeasterly(with a high tide!).Blizzards.Sunny summer
  • Location: Head in the clouds somewhere near Avondale, West Auckland

Or even a gnat!

Piers, God love him, isnt the only one, back in November & early December I read quite a few "amateur" forecasts which confidently predicted that many factors were pointing towards a strong likelihood of some severe cold spells. As time has gone by, almost NOTHING has changed, the whole of Europe is practically snowless and above zero, New York is expecting 21 degrees C tomorrow. This all goes to prove one thing: forecasters know little or nothing of what the upper atmospheric, ocean, solar and plant & wildlife factors really mean in detail as regards our weather. Forecasters need to rapidly readjust to the modern warmer climate, so that what we may be experiencing as "mild" could be actually relatively "cool" compared to what the average is becoming. In Australia any day when the temperature is around 10 degrees C is considered as "very cold". You get my drift (and sorry to say, it wont be snow)

Posted

Well there is a contact number and fax number at his website if anyone

has any questions surrounding the pending big freeze

http://www.weatheraction.com

I may just give em a call in the morning and ask about the blizzards for the midlands

Posted
I may just give em a call in the morning and ask about the blizzards for the midlands

Its a shame BT have removed the phone box down the bottom of the road. I have lots of loose change and am ready to bombard them with prank calls. I might pretend I am a journalist wanting a piece for the "Wellingborough and Rushden Herald & Post", the local free paper. See if they take the bait. Barring that i'll just make one up, like "The international journal of Dogs and Weather" asking to submit an article on "Dog Poo - the new Seaweed?" to add to their impressive list of publications. Either that or I might just ask if his fridge is running.

Edited by mackerel sky

Posted

Doesn't Piers Corbyn claim an 85% accuracy rate? Correction: his subscribers claim an 85% accuracy rate.

It is been pretty much below 25% over the last 2 months. A start of a New Year and another forecasting failure. No blizzards from the NE.

Edited by Mr_Data

Posted
Doesn't Piers Corbyn claim an 85% accuracy rate? Correction: his subscribers claim an 85% accuracy rate.

It is been pretty much below 25% over the last 2 months. A start of a New Year and another forecasting failure. No blizzards from the NE.

overheard conversation on bus " we were supposed to be having blizzards this week" "yeah, they always get it wrong"

oh dear.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

There has to be a reason why the most recent "successful prediction" listed on the weatheraction website is...

Weather Action’s Autumn 2003 forecasts have proved to be excellent with the warm spells in September and

all the significant aspects of October, and November 2003 being predicted.

I wonder why that might be :wallbash:

Posted
I wonder why that might be :wallbash:

broken clock still tells the right time twice a day :rolleyes:

Edited by jimmyay

Posted
overheard conversation on bus " we were supposed to be having blizzards this week" "yeah, they always get it wrong"

oh dear.

I've had no fewer than three similar conversations with people in the last 24 hours. Two of whom know about my interest in the weather - and it was a pleasure to set the record straight and to point out that 'attention-seeking self-publicists in the media' always cry wolf every winter and they're better off watching the Met Office forecasts on the tv and not believe the newspapers...

Let's hope the message gets through and that enough humble pie alongside a dessert of humility and self-dignity is served up in certain organisations' canteens.